Discharged

From Here We Go Sublime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INT. JUNG RESIDENCE - MORNING

JESSICA JUNG, 24, is leaning against the wall in the hallway. A look of distress planted on her face as she answers her ringing phone.

JESSICA
Yes, mother! I am on my way. I promise, okay? I’m leaving now.

An unintelligible woman’s voice muffling through the phone.

JESSICA

Yes. Yes. I know! Everything will be fine. Yes. I’m on my way now.

JESSICA hangs up and throws her cellphone into her purse. She bites her lip and nods to herself. Preparing herself for what is to come.

 

INT/EXT. JESSICA’S CAR - MORNING

JESSICA is sitting in her car outside of Hope Valley Psychiatric Hospital. She has been sitting for awhile. The sound of soft rock playing on the radio. She anxiously taps her steering wheel with her thumbs.

JESSICA
Everything will be fine.


INT. WAITING ROOM INSIDE OF HOPE VALLEY PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL- MORNING

JESSICA enters the waiting room of the hospital looking mildly confused. She eyes around the room, looking somewhat relieved that the condition of the hospital was not what she had expected. She walks toward the front desk. 

JESSICA
Hi, I’m here to pick up Krystal Jung, my sister. I was told to pick her up at 9:30.

A seemingly disgruntled woman, who looked to be about in her late 40s, gives JESSICA an apathetic glance.

FRONT DESK ASSISTANT

She’ll be out shortly. You can take a seat.

JESSICA
Thank you.

JESSICA takes a seat near a woman and a man who appeared to be her husband.

WOMAN
Let me guess, she told you that whoever you’re waiting for will be out “shortly”?

JESSICA nods hesitantly, startled by the woman’s voice.

The husband snorts.

HUSBAND
(muffled)
“Shortly”. Yeah. “Shortly”, alright. 

JESSICA looks down at the coffee table full of old copies of magazines. She picks up a copy of Vogue. As she flips through the magazine, she hears another snort.

WOMAN
Looked through all of those waiting here. Have fun.

Jessica sinks in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter