A child's Mother

Our Own World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin hummed a tune that Amber liked when he was still a child. Now, he’s sure that she’s his mom because that’s the only thing he remembered from his past. The tune that she hums was his lullaby before.

 

 

Amber tried to sleep again but failed. Her mother’s voice made him want to ask the questions he cannot seem to answer. He shifted his position so he can look at his mother’s face. Her mom was still reading the same book that he saw when he first saw her.

 

 

Chaerin noticed Amber’s gaze on her. She closed her book and puts it on her lap. “Yiyun my boy, how are you feeling?” Amber sat up. Instead of answering back, he nodded in return.

 

 

“I’m glad you are.” Chaerin tried hard to hold back her tears. She thought of those years that she didn’t spend on her only child and how her child spends those years without her. Thinking of it hurts her. Thinking of it makes her want to go back in time just to spend her life with her child.

 

 

“M-mother?” Amber stuttered at his words. Calling someone “Mother” suddenly was kind of weird for him. For years of not having a mom, he can’t even recall the last time he called someone “mother”.

 

 

“Yes my child?”

 

 

“C-can I ask you a q-question?” Amber finally gathered his courage to say that. He was actually scared of the truth. But as they say, the truth will set you free.

 

 

“Yes, of course.” Chaerin puts her book on the table and sat on the edge of the bed. Amber breath’s in and out.

 

 

“There’s something I’m really confuse about. The diary that Taeyeon founded in the shack, she said it belonged to one of your closes friends. May I ask, who that person is?" Amber sat on the edge of the bed and looked at her mother for answers.

 

 

"Of course, Yiyun. Her name is Park Bom. A first generation werewolf. She's one of my bestfriend with your aunt Dara. She's an alpha and the most respectful werewolf in the other world. Werewolves are known to be loyal and she is the mmost loyal friend I ever had." Chaerin smiled as she remember her friend.

 

 

"How is she now?" Amber asked not knowing the truth.

 

 

"She disappeared along with your father." Amber fell silent. He doesn't know what to say. It seems that there are a lot of things that she doesn't know yet.

 

 

"Can you tell me, what happened after the war?" Amber finally asked. It was the Queen's turn to fell silent. She smiled and thought, "He grew up as a fine young man." Chaerin sighed as she knows that she won't be able to turn bak time even if she wanted to.

 

 

 

“After the war, when we succesfully froze your's and summer's time, we defeat almost every demon that the alchemists summoned but of course, they kney how to kill the grims and so a lot of your father's family died. At least we succesfully made those monsters give up for the time being. After all those fighting finally stops, we made sure that every person that fought in the war will have a peaceful life on their other life.” Chaerin recalled the day when three siblings went to their house.

 

 

It was a dark and snowy night. The family was gathered on the fire place to warm themselves. A woman was in front of the fire to warm her child in her arms. She sat on red and comfy chair with a blanket on her lap that her husband placed minutes ago. Even though their only light was just the fire in the room, it still made the place comfortable and swell but, the nightmare that she had baffled inside her mind.

 

 

“Are you feeling well, my love?” A man that looked like in his 20’s asked the lady on the red chair. He put his hand on her shoulder and his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter