Chapter - 16

An Innocent Criminal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 16  [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2] [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] By STAYEXOZEN [/CONTENTID3]

 

[CONTENTID4] Please comment below whatever you feel and upvote my story. [/CONTENTID4] 

 

[CONTENTID5]

As Jieun expressed her suspicions about Jonghyun, Chanyeol began to distance himself from her, effectively ignoring her presence as if she had never existed. It surprised Jieun to realise how deeply attached Chanyeol was to his stepbrother. She hadn't anticipated such a strong reaction from him.

 

In Chanyeol's eyes, Jonghyun was beyond reproach. He couldn't fathom the idea of his stepbrother being involved in the scandal. If Jieun had suspected his stepmother, he might have been more inclined to believe her, but Jonghyun had never shown any signs of animosity towards Chanyeol. Their relationship had always been marked by camaraderie and support.

 

Desperate to have a conversation with Chanyeol and apologise, Jieun reached out to hold his wrist, hoping to make him understand her perspective. But he swiftly pulled away, leaving her feeling vulnerable and disregarded. She had grown accustomed to being ignored by her family, but Chanyeol's rejection stung, especially considering how close they had become.

 

As Jieun nervously tried to approach Chanyeol once again, her heart pounding in her chest, she mustered up the courage to speak to him. "Chanyeol, please listen to me. I know you find it hard to believe, but I had nothing to do with that video. Someone else must have posted it," she pleaded, her voice filled with sincerity.

 

However, Chanyeol seemed determined to shut her out. He deliberately averted his gaze, his silence speaking volumes. Jieun's words fell on deaf ears, causing a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. She reached out to touch his arm gently, hoping to break through his defensive barrier, but he jerked away from her touch, his expression clouded with mistrust and hurt.

 

Feeling a lump forming in , Jieun struggled to hold back tears. She couldn't understand why he was so unwilling to believe her, why he refused to see the truth in her eyes. She desperately wanted to make him understand, to regain the connection they once had, but it seemed that the bond they had built was fragile, easily shattered by suspicion and doubt.

 

Jieun tried to find the right words, to convey the depth of her feelings and the innocence of her intentions, but each attempt was met with a resounding silence. Chanyeol's indifference wounded her deeply, and she began to question whether their friendship could ever be restored.

 

Feeling a mixture of frustration and sorrow, Jieun stepped back, her shoulders slumping. She realised that she couldn't force Chanyeol to believe her, no matter how much she wanted to. It was up to him to open his heart and see the truth for himself. With a heavy sigh, she turned and walked away, leaving Chanyeol standing there, his eyes fixed on the ground, his thoughts a whirlwind of confusion and uncertainty.

 

Jieun couldn't shake off the heaviness in her heart as she made her way back home. She replayed their encounter in her mind, desperately searching for a way to bridge the gap between them. She knew tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter