Chapter - 11

An Innocent Criminal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 11 [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2] [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] By STAYEXOZEN [/CONTENTID3]

 

[CONTENTID4] Please comment below whatever you feel and upvote my story. [/CONTENTID4] 

 

[CONTENTID5]

 

"Hi Baekhyun oppa! Did you bring what I asked you for?" Jieun eagerly inquired as he stood at the doorway of their home. Baekhyun nodded with a warm smile, confirming that he had indeed brought what she requested. Jieun reciprocates the gesture with her own smile, relieved and grateful. "Good," she uttered softly.

 

"Where is Chanyeol? I want to meet him," Baekhyun stated, setting down the groceries on the table. "He's in his room," Jieun replied, following Baekhyun as he made his way towards Chanyeol's room.

 

Baekhyun's expression was serious, a stark contrast to his usual playful demeanour, which caught Jieun off guard. "Did you watch the news?" Baekhyun continued, his tone heavy with concern. "Your brother was asked about you, and he expressed disappointment in you. He even insinuated that you coerced Jieun into changing her statement, suggesting that you've somehow scared her into silence. Now everyone is scrutinising your every move, claiming that you've intimidated her. The backlash against you has intensified, dude."

 

Chanyeol never anticipated such words coming from his brother. Despite being stepbrothers, he believed their bond to be strong, but now he was confronted with the harsh reality that his brother's loyalty might not be as steadfast as he once believed. Chanyeol's disappointment in his stepbrother grew, overshadowing his feelings towards his stepmother.

 

"I'm grateful that they haven't been able to track us down since we changed our numbers before we ran away," Baekhyun continued, his voice laced with worry. "However, I don't think I can visit you again anytime soon. The authorities still suspect my involvement, and I don't want to jeopardise your safety. Even though this place is secure, I urge you both to remain vigilant and stay safe. This time, I was fortunate enough to evade capture, but we can't rely on luck forever." Baekhyun directed his gaze at Chanyeol. "I'm doing my best to find evidence to prove your innocence, so don't lose hope." Chanyeol nodded slowly, acknowledging Baekhyun's efforts. With that, Baekhyun left the premises.

 

Jieun looked down at the ground, breaking the tense silence. "I guess it's all because of me. I shouldn't have said anything. I'm so foolish," she lamented, frustration evident in her voice. Chanyeol reached out to comfort her, gently placing a hand on her shoulder. "No, it's not your fault. I don't know who's behind this, but someone is determined to tarnish my name. They want to bring me down, but I won't let that happen. We just have to be patient until we find concrete evidence," he sighed heavily, burdened by the weight of the situation. "I know that they harbour a deep hatred towards me."

 

"But why do they hate you? You're a good person. Sure, you can be rude and cold sometimes, but you're not as bad as they make you out to be," Jieun playfully teased, hoping to bring a smile to his face. And indeed, her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter