Chapter 9: Forever Left

Last and Final Kiss ( 끝)

Myungsoo left the world on a chilly night.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo were at the rooftop of their apartment building.

Feeling the night breeze blowing on their faces as they looked up to the sky filled with stars.

Myungsoo laid his head on Sungyeol’s shoulder blade with Sungyeol’s arms hugging him closely.

“The night is pretty, isn’t it?” Myungsoo asked, breathing vapour out.

“Oh, it is beautiful…”Sungyeol nodded, eyes fixated on the sky above them.

“Not long later, I’ll become one of the shinning star up there and protect Infinite…..”Myungsoo said.

“Myungsoo…..” Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo.

“Sungyeol-ah, face it. I’ll be gone one day but you won’t be alone. You still have the members with you so don’t feel sad if I’m away……” Myungsoo said but tears were already running down Sungyeol’s cheeks.

Sungyeol rewrapped the scarf around Myungsoo’s neck so he wouldn’t freeze whereas Sungyeol let Myungsoo wipes the tears away from his face, enjoying that gentle touch at the same time.

“Sungyeol, don’t cry okay…? Promise me that.” Myungsoo leaned in and connected their lips.

Despite Myungsoo’s lips feeling cold, his lips still tasted sweet.

The couple returned to their original position again with Sungyeol holding onto Myungsoo’s sweater and Myungsoo to just laying his head on Sungyeol’s shouder.

“Myungsoo-ya, I won’t cry anymore because of you being here with me……You won’t leave me now right…?” Sungyeol asked without looking at Myungsoo but a hum came from Myungsoo.

“I’m glad…..”Sungyeol said and silence again.

After awhile, Sungyeol talked again.

“Saranghae, Kim Myungsoo” Sungyeol smiled.

“Myungsoo…?” Sungyeol looked to his side and saw Myungsoo’s head still on his shoulders but his eyes were closed.

“Myungsoo-ya, ireona…”Sungyeol said, patting Mungsoo but his head lulled back.

Sungyeol got his answer.

The members ran up the stairs to the rooftop because it has been long since the couple haven’t return back to the dorm.

They caught no sight of the couple but some movements in the dark got them looking around.

They spotted Sungyeol in a dark corner, cradling Myungsoo’s cold body in his arms, eyes void of any emotions.

All the members slumped down to the concrete ground and cried hard. Myungsoo forever left their sides.

Days after Myungsoo’s funeral, Sungyeol and even Sungjong refused to feed themselves any food at all. Their hyungs ran out of choices but to only do it by force.

If saying who regrets the most, it’s the four older Infinite members. They were never there for Myungsoo. Not even by Myungsoo’s side during his last moments. They failed as a member, a brother and as a support.

Myungsoo gave his LAST and FINAL kiss to Sungyeol before forever leaving them.