Chapter 4: Starting But Not Too Obvious

Last and Final Kiss ( 끝)

When they went back to the dorm, the members bombarded them with questions but Sungjong was the one to come up with excuses while Myungsoo retreated to his room, quietly. He wasn’t in the mood to answer their questions plus it’s not like they were asking him anyway.

Hyoan, as their manager told CEO Lee Jungyeop about Myungsoo’s condition and of course, Myungsoo’s workload was decreased but not too obvious for the members to raise their suspicions.

 Myungsoo restricted Sungjong from being too overly-worried about him and just act natural, pretending he knew nothing.

Myungsoo himself was also hiding his condition away from the members and well, he was so far doing a great job. Only when the members were not looking, Sungjong would fuss over him and take care of him. Otherwise, they act like usual as if nothing had happened.

But as days and even months went by, Myungsoo’s condition worsened. (He refused to go through chemotheraphy because that would mean he won’t be able to follow up with the schedules which will eventually lead the revelation of his condition) He threw up blood more often without the members knowing but there was that one only time where he didn’t completely get rid of the trace of blood in the bathroom sink.

Eventually, one of their members saw the trace of blood and confronted them.

“I saw blood in the bathroom sink. Who’s?” Dongwoo asked, standing in front of the members who were all in the living room.

The members shrugged their shoulders but fear and panic was inflicted in their eyes,

“Mine.” They looked at the source of voice.

“I had a nosebleed earlier today and I accidentally forgot to clean up properly enough… Mianhe” Sungjong said with a sheepish smile on his face.

Next second, the members were fussing over Sungjong.

“Aigoo! Uri poor Sunjongie! Why didn’t you tell any of us?!” Woohyun fussed like a mother would.

“I didn’t want to worry you hyungdeuls…” Sungjong said with a too truthful tone that Myungsoo almost believed him too.

“You should’ve told us, maknae!” Hoya lectured while Sunggyu nodded beside him.

“Arasseo! This won’t happen again! I promise!” Sungjong said.

“Good.” Sungyeol said, patting Sungjong on the head.

Days later, Myungsoo’s tiredness was showing and he became more and more paler. He was easily tired out, causing himself to always sit out of practice half-way. The members were getting frustrated with him but they saw how sick he was.

They thought it was for awhile only but his sick self lasted for a week. That raised suspicions but when they confronted Myungsoo about it, Myungsoo would say it’s nothing and wave them away coldly.

Therefore, they concluded that Myungsoo might be faking his sickness because he wanted their attention. Sungjong knew how Myungsoo waved them off but Myungsoo’s reply to him was,” I don’t want them to know…..Just keep it a secret please, Jongie…for me? I rather be cold to them than let them know because even if I’m that sick and they know, nothing changes.”

Sungjong’s tears spilled out and he hugged Myungsoo tightly while chanting, “No it’s not true, hyung! They care for you so please tell them…….I don’t like seeing you suffer more than you already had…..” Sungjong shook his head furiously.

“I know them, Jongie. They won’t care about me….I’m just the visual of Infinite, nothing more to them because you already see, they never glanced at me but instead, doted on you and Sungyeol more…..Just let it be this way, Sungjongie…” Myungsoo shook his head softly.

"H-hyung…..” Sungjong cried.

“Don’t cry Sungjong-ah….Cry when I’m not here because I don’t like seeing you cry because of me…..Smile, Sungjongie?”Myungsoo cupped Sungjong’s face.

Sungjong forced out a smile through his tears and hugged Myungsoo tightly again.

“You’ll never leave me right, Myungsoo hyung?” Sungjong muttered on Myungsoo’s chest.

“Never in the world, Sungjong-ah…..” Myungsoo replied back.

He looked down to see Sungjong laying against his chest, asleep.

Sungjong, I’ll have to break the promise sooner or later so just let me spend my remaining time with you all without you all knowing and realizing. Doesn’t matter whether the hyungs dote on me anymore, just seeing them happy and you being happy is already enough for me. I’ll be contented….” Myungsoo thought as a tear rolled down his cheeks.

Myungsoo is weak. Yes, but he still managed to carry Sungjong back to his and Hoya’s shared bedroom and put him under the sheets.

The moment Myungsoo went back to his room and once his head hit the pillow, he drifted into dreamland already.