Chapter 8: A Year Later

Last and Final Kiss ( 끝)

Everything went fine throughout this one year. The members especially Sungjong and Sungyeol were always there with Myungsoo as he was receiving his chemotheraphy.

Sungyeol was specially happy that his boyfriend was getting better so he planned another surprise that was soon to be revealed.

The members came back to the dorm while Myungsoo was still in his slumber.

“Jongie-ya, I wanna….” Sungyeol whispered the details into Sungjong’s ears as Sungjong just kept on nodding.

“Jinja? You wanna do that, Sungyeol hyung?” Sungjong asked, unbelievably staring at Sungyeol like he had grown two heads.

“Yep! And YOU’re gonna help me with it because I believe this is the perfect timing!” Sungyeol said proudly.

“Okay. Fine.” Sungjong agreed.

“Yeahhh that’s our maknae!” Sungyeol cheered.

On that particular day,

Sungyeol waited at the designated as he waited for his fated to arrive right in front of him.

Sungjong was beside him, shaking his head when he saw Sungyeol fidgeting around with his fingers which means he’s very nervous.

“Relax, Sungyeol hyung…” Sungjong squeezed Sungyeol’s hands a little. Well, his palms were clammy though.

“I know… But-“ He stopped when he saw Myungsoo standing right in front and smiling of him.

“Soo-ah!” Sungyeol immediately broke into a big smile.

“Hi Yeol..” Myungsoo said softly.

“I missed you” Sungyeol laid his head lazily on Myungsoo’s shoulder as he took that bried moment to breathe in Myungsoo’s sweet vanilla scent.

“But we saw each today though, no…?” Myungsoo raised his eyebrows.

“But I just miss youuu” Sungyeol whines childishly.

Myungsoo laughed.

“Sungyeol hyung!” Sungjong nudged Sungyeol who was probably above the clouds by the side.

“Oh yeah right!” Sungyeol remembered what he was gonna do.

“Myungsoo, you know that I love you a whole lot right?” Sungyeol asked.

Myungsoo looked puzzled for a second there. “Yes…”

“Then, will you marry me…?”Sungyeol went down on one knee and brought out a dark-blue ring box from his pocket,

Inside the ring box was a shiny yet simple designed ring.

Myungsoo was at a loss of words.

“Sungyeol….” Myungsoo said.

“I wanna be with you forever, Kim Myungsoo! For the next 30 years! 50 years! 70 years! And even 100 years!”

The members were cheering loudly in the backgound, Sungjong beside Sungyeol was quiet but a smile was stretched wide on his lips.

“Yes” Myungsoo accepted Sungyeol’s proposal. But I won’t be here for that long, Sungyeol and you know that don’t you? I won’t be able to get old with you or even the members…..I won’t be able to see you all succeed even further. I wanna be selfish for once but I can’t…..

Sungyeol stood back up and hugged Myungsoo tightly. He was crying tears of happiness.

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” The Infinite members chanted so ever loudly.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol both leaned in closer before their lips brushed against each others.

Myungsoo wrapped his arms around Sungyeol’s nape and Sungyeol’s lips was totally on Myungsoo’s lips.

“Ewww! Gosh, get a room!” Hoya and Dongwoo made gagging sounds whereas Sungjong cheered while Sunggyu and Woohyun? These two, Woohyun is asking a peck from Sunggyu on the lips and Sunggyu  kept pushing his lips away instead focusing on Myungyeol’s kidd scene.

“Saranghae, L-ah, Kim Myungsoo!” Sugyeol placed a kiss on Myungsoo’s forehead.

“Nado saranghae, Lee Sungyeol….” Myungsoo said, full of love in his eyes.

Sungyeol unhug Myungsoo and took the engagement ring out of the ring box then held up Myungsoo’s left hand.

The members were staring at them like hawks, eyes squinting hard.

Sungyeol was so close to slipping the ring onto Myungsoo’s ring finger when Myungsoo collapsed right in front of him. And the ring fell to the grass.

“Myungsoo!” Sungyeol caught Myungsoo who was falling forward.

The members rushed forward, surrounding the couple.

Sungyeol ran into the streets with Myungsoo in his arms all the way to the hospital.

“Mianhamnida but he won’t last longer than a few months…” That sentence alone was enough to send the Infinite members into tears.

“I t-thought he was getting b-better…No?” Sungyeol asked, sobbing loudly.

“Sungyeol-ah, d-don’t be like this…”Sunggyu soothed Sungyeol by his shoulders.

“His condition was already bad but him being able to hold onto it for a year was already a miracle…..”The doctor said.

“He looked fine in front of us and when he received chemotheraphy, the doctor said he was recovering well…..” Woohyun trailed off.

“Something’s off…”Dongwoo sensed it.

“Sungjong.”Hoya called and said maknae looked at him. “Yeah…?”

“You’re hiding something….”Sungjong shook his head.

“Lee Sungjong!” Sunggyu used his leader voice.

“Fine! Myungsoo hyung and I hid his actual condition from you all! We coerced his doctor into hiding Myungsoo hyung’s actual condition from you all whenever any one of you accompany him to receiving chemotheraphy….except when I’m the one to accompany him” Sungjong spilled the beans.

“Sungjong, how could you…..?” Sungyeol croaked out, his voice hoarse.

“Within this one year, Myungsoo hyung has collapsed countless times but those were hidden away…..You know he’s an actor so don’t expect less from him to do that, act fine and all happy in front of you hyungs…..He wanted you all to think that he was fine already” Sungjong said.

“I know he doesn’t have much time left given that that one year, we were happy but he didn’t have to hide it from us….” Sungyeol looked hopeless.