Chapter 3: Illness Revealed

Last and Final Kiss ( 끝)

Myungsoo had enough of crying secretly here and there, without anyone knowing. Oddly, he was not like that before as he always brushes off those treatment but in that particular period of time, he kept getting emotional even just at how small the thought was. He felt his body slowly getting weaker day by day and he coughed up blood more often but he was afraid to know the result if he went to get a check-up at the hospital so he kept everything to himself.

Like usual, the members spared him no glance except for their maknae.

“Myungsoo hyunggg!” The sofa sank down as Sungjong sat beside Myungsoo who was spacing out.

Sungjong waved his hands in front of Myungsoo and kept on calling his name.

“Ah yes, Sungjong…?” Myungsoo came back to his senses.

Sungjong pouted and giggled the next second.

“Hyung, you wanna buy some stuffs with me?” Sungjong asked.

“Mian Sungjongie but hyung is tired” Myungsoo made an excuse because he was oddly very tired and he feels like his brain is malfunctioning.

Sungjong’s smile disappeared for a second before his smile reappeared again.

“It’s fine then. I’ll just ask the other hyungs-” Sungjong got cut off by Sunggyu.

“Nonsense, Sungjong. Myungsoo WILL go with you” Sunggyu emphazised heavily while staring hard at Myungsoo.

“But Sunggyu hyu-” Myungsoo protested but was shot down by Woohyun.

“Obey your hyung, Myungsoo”

“Fine! I’ll go with you, Sungjong-ah” Myungsoo croaked out.

Myungsoo got his coat and waited for Sungjong outside their dorm.

“Let’s go?”Myungsoo asked.

“Yessss!” Sungjong linked arms with Myungsoo and practically dragged him towards the elevator.

Turns out, Sungjong was craving for some tteobeokki as late night snacks.

While they were at the hawker stall buying tteobeokki, Myungsoo felt sick to the stomach. Let’s just say that was not a good sign.

At night, the streets wasn’t filled with a lot of people anymore and the two boys walked in silence.

The nausea feeling came back to Myungsoo and he felt sweaty.

Oh please, not now…I don’t want Sungjong to find out…Just let me pass on it without any errors” Myungsoo prayed in his heart as he began falling behind from Sungjong.

“Sungjong-ah, wait for awhile…’ Myungsoo rushed himself into a dark alley and vomitted blood into the drain as he felt more and more dizzy.

His vision was getting fuzzier as each second passed so he slided himself down against the cement wall.

“Myungsoo hyung!!!” Sungjong’s shout was followed after.

“Jongie-ah…” Myungsoo weakly muttered out.

“Did you just vomit blood…?” Sungjong’s eyes was getting teary.

Myungsoo nodded and he knew Sungjong could see it.

Sungjong let his knees kneel on the ground as he brought Myungsoo’s awfully cold body into his embrace.

“H-hyung...for how long and why’s your body cold….?” Sungjong’s voice was shaking.

“For awhile already b-but I didn’t want anyone to find out and worry about me…..I didn’t go to the hospital because I was afraid of what the result would be” Myungsoo was trembling terribly right now but he wanted to calm Sungjong down yet he himself was feeling scared. All he could do was have Sungjong hold him tighter because his body was warm.

“I’m calling manager hyung to bring us to the hospital” Sungjong fished out his phone tapping on Hyoan’s contact.

A hand stopped Sungjong.

“Don’t call the other hyungs, Sungjong” Myungsoo said.

“Okay I won’t…” Sungjong promised.

Once they reached the hospital, Myungsoo was immediately brought to the emergency room. Hyoan and Sungjong waited patiently at the waiting area until a doctor came out once the emergency light went off.

“How is Kim Myungsoo?” Hyoan asked the doctor.

“He’s fine now but he shouldn’t stress too much because that would affect his health. Can you come to my office? I need to tell you something about the patient” the doctor said.

Hyoan eyed Sungjong who had a worried expression on.

“Just go, Hyoan hyung…” Sungjong said.

Hyoan nodded.

“Okay….Look after Myungsoo for me, Sungjong-ah” Hyoan followed the doctor to his office.

“What is it doctor? Please tell me truthfully!” Hyoan begged.

“I don’t know how to relay this but the patient…..He has-”

Hyoan walked soullessly into the room where Myungsoo was confined.

Myungsoo’s hand was connected to an IV drip as he laid weakly on the bed. Sungjong held onto Myungsoo’s free hand and brought it to his forehead, closing his eyes to pray.

“Sungjong-ah….” Hyoan called out.

“Oh hyung…” Sungjong looked at Hyoan with such hopeful eyes only made it harder for him to break the news to the younger.

“Myungsoo hyung is alright, right…?” Sungjong asked.

“Sungjong-” Hyoan got cut off.

“Ani. Myungsoo hyung is definitely perfectly fine…” Sungjong sounded like he wanted to convince himself.

How Hyoan hoped that was actually the case.

“Sungjong-ah, listen to me. Myungsoo he has……Leukemia” Hyoan said it.

At the same time, Sungjong’s world came crushing down.

“No! No! No! No! Myungsoo hyung is fine…..Tell me he’s fine please, hyung!”Sungjong was desperate.

Hyoan shook his head. His heart hurts a lot too. Not only Sungjong but he knows that the members would feel nothing even when he tell them it. They never cared about Myungsoo anyway.

“I’ll bring some of Myungsoo clothes from dorm…” Hyoan said.

“Help me to pack some of mine too, Hyoan hyung and don’t tell the hyungs about Myungsoo hyung” Sungjong said.

Hyoan nodded and left without another word.

When he arrived at the dorm, the members were confused as to why their manager was in their dorm late at night and asked where Sungjong and Myungsoo were.

Hyoan ignored the members’ questions thrown at him and kept packing Myungsoo  and Sungjong’s clothes.

Before he left the dorm, he told the boys,” Sungjong and Myungsoo won’t be back for a few days. You all behave yourselves.”

The remaining five boys were as confused as hell. What did their manager meant by that?

Sungjong who was still at the hospital, waiting eagerly for Myungsoo to wake up was spammed with a lot of calls and messages from the members. Mostly from Sunggyu and Woohyun but Sungjong was set on not answering any of the calls.

Taking care of Myungsoo hyung was his top priority now. He wanted his hyung healthy again but that was deemed almost impossible now.

“Myungsoo hyung….” Sungjong brushed Myungsoo’s fringe hair away from his eyes.

Sungjong blamed himself for not noticing how pale and sick Myungsoo was for the past few days and probably weeks.

“I’m such a stupid…” One tear fell and another tear fell again. Soon, Sungjong was sobbing.

Myungsoo was held back in the hospital for a few days until he was permitted to be discharged. How long Myungsoo was admitted in the hospital was how long Sungjong spent staying in the hospital to accompany him.