Chapter 6: Let Us See Him

Last and Final Kiss ( 끝)

Myungsoo opened his eyes weakly. He had a hunch of where he currently was. Hospital.

He tried moving but a hand was firmly grabbing onto his. He looked at the sleeping figure, back facing him and he immediately recognized the figure as Sungjong.

He smiled weakly. He wanted to lift his hands to touch Sungjong’s fluffy hair but he has no energy to do so.

“Myungsoo hyung…?” Sungjong was looking at him with red puffy eyes.

“Why’re you crying, Sungjongie?” Myungsoo said.

“You scared me lots, hyung!” Sungjong exclaimed, tearing up again.

Myungsoo managed to chuckle weakly.

“Mianhe, maknae-ya…..Hyung jinja mianhe…Will you forgive me?” Myungsoo asked.

Sungjong nodded furiously. “Always.”

“Do you need me to help you with anything, Myungsoo hyung?” Sungjong aksed.

Myungsoo shook his head. “Just stay with me or better yet, lay with me” Myungsoo patted his hospital bed.

Sungjong climbed onto the bed and laid his head on Myungsoo’s chest.

Sungjong listened to Myungsoo’s heartbeat as he felt his chest heaving up and down.

“Hyung, your heartbeat is quite fast!” Sungjong said.

“Yeaaa” Myungsoo replied back with a small smile.

The members lingered outside Myungsoo’s room, unsure whether to go in because one, Sungjong prohibited them from entering the room and second, they didn’t know how to yet face Sungjong and most importantly Myungsoo, the one they’ve been giving cold treatment to for a long time.

Looking through the translucent glass on the door, they were able to see Sungjong on the bed, laying on Myungsoo’s chest while laughing whereas Myungsoo was busy Sungjong’s hair with a weak but fond smile.

Honestly, the remaining five members were slowly regretting their cold treatment towards the second youngest maknae of the group. Looking at the second youngest’s current state and condition, all their hearts were dripping blood.

“Mianhe, Myungsoo-ya….” One of the five members apologized inwardly.

Since Myungsoo’s condition was not stable yet, he was advised to still be admitted in the hospital until further notice.

Sungjong never left his side. 24 hours a day, Sungjong was always at the hospital instead of back at the dorm. Practices or performances whatsoever was long forgotten.

The other members could only slip into the Myungsoo’s hospital room, quietly when Sungjong’s away and when Myungsoo’s asleep. That would mostly be at night.

Dongwoo observed Myungsoo’s peacefully sleeping form. Indeed, Myungsoo looks pale and tired to the point of not even suiting to perform any excessive and vigorous exercises.

“Woohyun-ah, why’ve we been giving the cold treatment towards Myungsoo when since the beginning, he totally doesn’t deserve it?” Dongwoo asked in a soft voice.

Woohyun was silent.

“I mean look at him now. He looks so fragile almost as if he would break even at a single touch…..” Dongwoo continued.

“I regret doubting Myungsoo’s sickness but sorry will not undo every-“ Sungyeol was busy speaking and the members were listening intently, blocking out the squeaking sound of the door opening.

“May I ask what’re you hyungs doing here?” The members froze in place. Damn. Sungjong saw them.

They turned around only to come face to face with an angry and irritated Sungjong.

“Sungjong, we-“

“Out.” Sungjong coldly cut Sunggyu off.

“Please Sungjong…..Just let us visit Myungsoo for awhile more then we’ll leave, jebal…?” Woohyun pleaded.

“No. Stay FAR away from Myungsoo hyung.” Sungjong was starting to raise his voice.

“Sungjongie, please just this once-“

“OUT!” Sungjong lashed out on them.

The members jumped in fear back there.

“Sungjongie…?” Myungsoo’s weak and sore voice came.

“Myungsoo hyung…” Sungjong stopped glaring at them and rushed to Myungsoo’s side.

“Just continue sleeping on, Myungsoo hyung…..” Sungjong said, voice soft and dripping with honey.

“I’m thirsty…” Sungjong immediately poured a glass of water for Myungsoo to drink.

Myungsoo seemed to hasn’t taken notice of the Infinite members’ presences in the room.

They watched the interaction between the two maknaes.

“Myungsoo-ya…..”Sunggyu called out, slowly but loud enough to catch Myungsoo’s attention.

“Oh? Sunggyu hyung….? Hyungdeul? Why’re you all here?” Myungsoo asked.

“To visit you…” Sungyeol answered.

Myungsoo nodded a bit.

“Hyung, go ahead and sleep…..I’ll be out for another while with the hyungs” Sungjong said, standing up.

“Out with me.” Sungjong told them, gesturing to the door.

Once outside, Sungjong started talking first.

“Tell me why you’re all here.”Sungjong said.

“I told you. We’re here to visit Myungsoo.”Woohyun said.

“Woah! Only wanted to visit Myungsoo hyung when he’s in a bad shape, is it?” Sungjong said in sarcasm.

“Sungjong.” Hoya said.

“Wae, Howon hyung? Am I wrong? When he was still fine and healthy, all you did was give him the cold treatment. None of you here never knew what he thought. He always thought why you hyungs never dote on him especially when you all obviously doted on me and Sungyeol hyung alot but not him. Is he not lovable enough? He did something wrong? When I knew of his illness, he seemed just fed up with life. He didn’t care anymore if he was doted on or not, he just deemed it to be that way since that’ll never change.

None of you here knew how much tears he shed because of you hyungs…..Please tell me what made you all decided to give Myungsoo hyung the cold treatment? Was he really not lovable enough like himself thought so? I badly need the answers…..Myungsoo hyung’s days are counted so I want him to be happy in those remaining days…Please, don’t torment him mentally anymore. It’s really taking a toll on his body. J-jebal….” Sungjong pleaded sadly to the hyungs he really look up to who are currently right in front of him now.

“Sungjong-ah, hyung mianhe….” Sunggyu, the leader hugged the crying maknae. Soon, all the members excluding Myungsoo were hurdled together, whispering their apologies.

Sungjong wiped his tears away.

“The person you’re suppose to apologise to is not me but Myungsoo hyung….”Sungjong sniffled.

마자. Will you let us see him from now on, maknae-ya…?” Sunggyu asked with a tiny smile.

“That’s if he wants to see you all…” Sungjong trailed off.

“But don’t go in now please……Let him rest” Sungjong pleaded to his hyungs.

 They could only nod because if they don’t obey their maknae, who knows what he’s gonna do to the five of them.