Chapter 1 : Ignored Like Always

Last and Final Kiss ( 끝)

Kim Myungsoo, visual member of Infinite and second youngest in the group along with Sungjong, their actual maknae.

Myungsoo loved being with the Infinite members because just seeing them makes him happy but the members all seem to think otherwise.

Kim Myungsoo or known to be as L appeared to be cold from his exterior looks but that’s just L. When L turns into Myungsoo, that’s the real him. Funny, cute with an undeniable charisma that makes everyone fall for him but not s, again.

Maknae line of Infinite consists of Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungjong. The oldest and youngest maknaes were doted on by their hyungs but not the middle one.

Truthfully, Myungsoo was jealous and at the same time hurt that his hyungs never even spared one single glance at him. On screen, they had to get all loving and paying their attention to Myungsoo but he knew that all was just forced out. He had to act like he was fine with it too, sometimes putting on his cold façade just like he was told to from the beginning of their debut days. He didn’t like how forced all of it was.

Myungsoo was very affectionate towards the members, helping them with their hair and things especially towards Sungyeol, his best friend but Myungsoo actually saw Sungyeol more than just a friend yet as time passed, Sungyeol just did not seem to be like his best friend anymore.

Myungsoo felt alone. He helps around his hyungs yet all they do is swat his hands away, give him some cold glares that Myungsoo sometimes dare intends to return it back which only worsens the situation.

“KIM. MYUNG. SOO !!!” Hoya yelled at Myungsoo for messing up the steps again. Myungsoo was obviously shaken up from the angry voice of Hoya’s but his acting got him covered up.

“Everyone, ten minutes rest. NOW!” Myungsoo could see that Hoya was frustrated and fuming because of him. A sigh from him and he got up.

 He left the practice room quietly without anyone noticing and headed for the washroom.

Myungsoo hid in one of the stall and cried all his heart out.

He was not one that cries easily but all that had been weighing down on him lately left him pressured to the point of crying like he never had before but then he’s a man, at that. A man’s not supposed to cry but here he is, trying to contain his sobs despite himself already seen other members cried countless times before.

A soft knock on the door of his stall snapped him out of his trance and a soft voice travelled into his ears.

“Hyung….?” Sungjong asked softly.

Myungsoo scrambled to stand up and wipe his tears away in order to look presentable in front of the maknae.

With shattering confidence, he opened the door and was met with a warm hug. He unconsciously wrapped his arms tightly around the waist of Sungjong but Sungjong must’ve noticed that Myungsoo was tensing up so he let go first.

“Myungsoo hyung, kwenchana….?” Sungjong asked with a concerned tone and worried written all over his face as he checked Myungsoo out.

“I’m fine, Jongie……Don’t worry about me” Myungsoo splashed his face with cold water then left Sungjong standing there, confused as hell but worry never leaving him.

The one and only person among the members who cared deeply for Myungsoo was maknae Sungjong. Sungjong was not blind and dumb to notice that the older hyungs never doted on Myungsoo like they did with him and Sungyeol hyung so he took it upon himself to shower his Myungsoo hyung with the love and affection that he lacked from the other older hyungs.

He pondered a lot on the question ’why?’ regarding that issue but he never asked the hyungs, afraid that he would’ve had asked the wrong question.

The two were closed but Sungjong also noticed that the Myungyeol friendship was slowly sinking. There was no more Sungyeol and Myungsoo but only Myungsoo alone.

Sungjong stood there, still thinking. He knew Myungsoo was not someone weak and fragile but he really saw him lose it back in the cubicle. Myungsoo looked so delicate and fragile, a sudden urge from Sungjong to protect his Myungsoo hyung from all the cruel treatment directed towards him. He knew Myungsoo definitely did not need his protection because for god’s sake, he’s a man! BUT. Sungjong wanted too.