Speaking korean is necessary in Korea

I'm Definitely Not A Fan

Meanwhile, you and Ji Ae were fascinated with Myeongdong. It seems heaven to both of you who are shopaholics.

"Now I don't regret coming with you Ji Ae, here in Korea" she said with mouth slightly agape.

"I told you, I've been here every vacation but this place never failed to amuse me" she said while smiling.

They are now wandering around like kids that can be easily pleased by what they see. They stopped at one store and look for dresses. You scanned the clothes rack and found a cute blouse.

"Ja, will this look good on me?" you asked Ja while holding the blouse.

"Try it on" she said while busy scanning more clothes and did not even look at you.

You brought the blouse with you inside the fitting room. It was just the right size for you. You look at the mirror, feeling contented you come out and called Ji Ae.

"Ja, look at me.Is it okay?" you asked.

"Yup, go buy that now or you might regret later when you found others wearing those" she said pointing to the blouse.

Without second thoughts, you proceeded to the counter without bothering to change clothes. It already became you're habbit, not to change clothes and wear it immediately and proceeds to the counter to pay.

"Miss, how much is this?" you said while pulling out your wallet.

The cashier just looked at you like you have said an allien language. You have forgot at the moment that you are in Korea and you're supposed to speak Korean.*I forgot they can't understand english*

"Ja" you said while signaling her to come near.

"Why?" you looked at the cashier.

As if she's a mind reader. She talked to cashier and now it's your time to looked stupid that you can't understand what they're saying.

"이게 얼마가 드레스를 입은 옷을 입고 있습니까?" (How much is this dress that she is wearing right now?)

"10,506.03 KRW" the cashier replied.

Ji Ae snatched your wallet and paid the cashier 10 600 won. She was waiting for the change but you grab her.

"Just leave them the change, at least I've got my blouse now. Let's go"you said while walking and holding on to her arm.

She looked back and said "바뀐 대로 그대로 두세요"( Please keep the change). The worker bowed and said thank you in korean.

As soon as both of you got outside. You faced Ji Ae.

"I really looked stupid back inside there" she said and pouted.

"That's why you're in a hurry to come outside?"she said and just realized why you acted like that.

You nodded and she laughed. You were wondering why she laughed. And it's hard to control her laughter after she starts laughing.

"Wae?" you said while stomping your feet just like a child.

"Your korean is poor, you only knew basic things and that's not even enough to make a conversation"she said while trying to surpress her laughter.

"That's exactly the point why I'm here. To learn korean and here you are laughing at your best friend" you said and walked away.

"Wait! I was just kidding" she ran and catched up with you.