Minimalist

Archives of Drabbles

Minimalist 

 

Sunshine fell through her fingertips and the leaves above her. It was a peaceful, sunny, happy day. And she was in a peach orchard. It was a wonderful place, all the while seeming delicate. The grass blades had the tiniest droplets of morning dew on them, and the sun shone over the whole meadow. The air smelled of fresh, ripe peaches. And little bugs scurried about, living and thriving happily.

A single ladybug was crawling right beside Jieun's head. "Nice to meet you, little fellow." She murmured to it, chuckling. She raised a finger and gently nudged the creature on. "Cutie patootie." She laughed and then placed it on a fairly big leaf.. well, big for the ladybug. Pulling the leaf down, she placed it right beside her picnic basket as if to watch it eat and care for it while she ate.

Bit by bit she finished the sandwich. Hopping away from the shady tree, she scooted down the hill and sat right in the middle. Or what you could call the middle. Leaning back onto her arms, she looked up into the bright sunny skies. With a chuckle, she layed down completely, holding her hands behind her head. 

Clouds floated by lazily and formed into shapes which were only identified with imagination. A particular cloud floated by, and slowly changed into a heart shape. It looked almost like a perfect heart really. Looking at the cloud, Jieun stood up and tried to figure out if it was.. real. "Waw~" she awed, and tilted her head. Thank you.