Kiss the Rain

Archives of Drabbles

Kiss the Rain

 

 

The rain felt gently, as if it was giving the earth a clensing. The earth needed it anyway. I pursed my lips. Tears still dotted my cheeks. 

From the outside, it seemed if it was there was only a single girl that braved the rain. Others ran into their cars, or hid under enormous umbrellas. Why? It was a clean rain, a fresh rain. Rain that would and could wash away all your troubles and worries. Rain that wouldn't ruin your hair, but then again, it would. 

I looked up at the sky, absorbing the rain almost. A few light droplets of rain scattered across my face, and I welcomed it. Why hate it? It was fresh, and cold. It provided a warmth even. It got my mind off things for a while.

And there, I savored the rain. Kiss the rain. 

Now, there was something about rain weather. It was when all the little bugs that were afraid to come out braved the world and showed themselves without any fear. The rain provided a sheid for them, that no other force in Mother Nature could make. Droplets were scattered in my hair, rain gave a richness to things, really. 

The ground was finally soaking wet, and rain had flooded into little cracks and bumps. It was an attempted rinse to wash out the earth's impurities. Sadly, it only did wash a little bit out. The rest would be done later, one by one.

And it had started with Jieun. Or me. One by one, people would  stop and smell the roses. Or rather, kiss the rain.

 

 


 

Of course, inspired by Yiruma's Kiss the Rain.