Chapter 7 - I Will Adopt Him

Can I Be Your Puppy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon POV

“Can you please explain to me why we cannot adopt Jimin? You have Jimin hidden away from view at the back of the shelter, how is anyone going to adopt him if you have him sitting in a back corner out of sight. It is obvious to anyone standing in my shoes that for some unknown reason you don’t want Jimin to be adopted out”

“Mr Kim you need to understand that Jimin is an extremely special case, and well it was the explicit wishes of Jimin’s original owner. That if anyone wanted to adopt him they needed to meet a specific set of requirements”

“What do you mean a ‘specific set of requirements’ needed to be met?” I replied confused.

“Well firstly the person who wishes to adopt Jimin needed to find him in the shelter without any prior knowledge of his existence. Secondly they needed to be able to engage with Jimin without seeing him as an animal. Thirdly they needed to show that they could care for Jimin without any prompting”

“I do not understand. If you are willing to allow Jimin to be adopted, then why are going to euthanise him? This does not make sense”

“Mr Kim, we are a no-kill shelter we were never planning on euthanising Jimin. It was a stipulation that the Shelter staff were not to engage with Jimin, hence why we mentioned the idea of euthanising him”

“Why would you put him through that, do you know how scared he was when he thought that you were going to kill him?” I replied incredulously to the actions of the staff.

“Mr Kim it was not the intention of the Shelter to cause any distress, by bringing up euthanising Jimin we could see how the potential adopters would react” the Shelter owner tried to explain the current situation happening taking place by the cages.

“So, what about the staff member that treated Jimin poorly?”

“Unfortunately, this one staff member has taken the request of isolating Jimin too far and in the process Jimin has come to dislikes him, I would even say close to hating him. It is quite sad really as this staff member happens to be one of the gentlest persons you will ever meet. Believe it or not but he actually raised Jimin until he was two, when we were requested to isolate Jimin and the only way he knew how to distance himself was to change his appearance and make Jimin dislike him”

“You cannot be serious. From the little bit of information, I have heard that guy practically takes pleasure from torturing Jimin” I replied with obvious doubt that someone who cared about Jimin would act that way.

“I know it’s hard to believe Mr Kim, so come over here and look at some of the company video’s” the Shelter owner advised motioning to take a seat beside him.

“This better not be some setup” I replied as I moved to sit beside him and look at the video’s being shown.

Flashback one:

“Daniel come over here, I want to introduce you to a new addition to the shelter.” I called placing the small puppy into his arms, surprise appearing on his face when he realised he was holding a hybrid puppy in his arms.

“Why would anyone leave a hybrid puppy at a shelter, they are expensive to breed due to them being custom”

“All I know was that the intended owner passed away before the puppy could be gifted, apparently he was supposed to be a companion for the person as the family…well they got their inheritance and were left with an unwanted Hybrid”

“So, let me understand this. He was bred because the family did not want to spend time with the intended owner, and because they passed away they no-longer had any use for a hybrid puppy, so they have abandoned him?” Daniel tried to reason the events that had transpired.

“That would be correct, since the family never claimed ownership of him legally they are not responsible for his well-being”

“But why bring him to an animal shelter? Wouldn’t he be better someplace that is…well suited to raise…what is his name? I do not want to keep referring as ‘him’”

“He was never given an actual name” I replied as I looked through his paperwork trying to find a name “Why don’t you name him?”

“I am not sure I should be the one to name him. What if when he is adopted they want to call him something else? He would be confused”

“Daniel you’re going to be his caregiver until he is adopted so you should be the one to name him”

“If you are sure then I’ll name him Park Jimin, it’s the name I wanted to give to my son. So, if I am going to be raising him it’s only fair that a I give him my son’s name” Daniel replied as he looked down at the hybrid puppy with a loving smile “I promise to always be by your side Jimin” he whispered as he gave a gentle kiss to Jimin’s forehead.

 

 

Flashback two:

To people it may have seemed weird that there was a small hybrid sitting on my lap watching me play ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter