Chapter 4 - The Accident Explained

Can I Be Your Puppy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The time to explain everything was now here. It was finally time to tell Taehyung what had happened to Seokjin. Why his big brother had disappeared for a year and why when he finally came home he was hurt in a wheelchair.

“Taehyung why don’t you come sit beside mummy and daddy” my mother suggested softly patting the seat beside them.

“TaeTae want to sit with Jinnie. TaeTae is Jinnie’s parrot, so TaeTae has to be with Jinnie” Taehyung replied without a moment’s hesitation as he wrapped his arms around Seokjin’s neck.

 “It’s fine for TaeTae to sit with me. I cannot feel his weight anyway so he’s not hurting me” Seokjin replied trying to make Taehyung laugh when in fact this was not a joke, it was something that Seokjin had grown to accept.

“TaeTae is light” Taehyung replied with a pout not sensing the obvious inner conflict Seokjin was having that he was not able to feel his weight.

“Ok boys let’s focus here on what happened to Seokjin a year ago” their father interrupted as he came into the room and sat down beside me on the lounge.

“TaeTae will be good Papa Bear” he replied as he sat up nudging Seokjin to hold him tighter around his waist.

“That’s good to hear Baby Bear” their father replied with a dimpled smile, before he drew all our attention again back to me

This flashback actually happened to me when I was a child, with minor differences to suit this story.

There were also rumours I had died in the accident, so I’m technically a ghost :P

Flashback – The accident

We were playing outside in the front yard with the toys that our parents had recently brought us for being good boys. Taehyung was showing me cool tricks with his new Dump Truck that was big enough for him to sit in the tray. It was like any other day where we would play outside in our driveway, there were no dangers present in our quiet street, so obviously we did not really worry about any cars coming through that we didn’t know.

I should not have setup a mini ramp so Taehyung could roll his truck down and knock over the bottles we had setup. He was not supposed to be sitting in the trucks tray when he went down for the last time. I should not have chased after it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter