Chapter 5 - Who Wants To Be Adopted

Can I Be Your Puppy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin POV

It has been a year since we became a family again, I am now used to being in a wheelchair and it has now become normal for Taehyung to follow me around on the motorised car he demanded Papa Bear to buy him so he could be like me. We are also moving houses because mummy and daddy had a big scary fight. Whenever I ask why mummy no-longer lives with us, daddy says it is because the house reminded her of what happened to me. Uncle Yoongi says it is because mummy was a mean person that did not love us anymore, so she left us to be mummy to someone else that was ‘normal’ in her eyes. I met my cousin Jungkook or Kookie as we call him when we went to look at our new house. We are going to be living next to each other so we can see each other every day, he is the baby of the family because Jungkook is only 3, Taehyung is 4 and I’m 7. He is very quiet and shy, so Taehyung makes up for it by being his normal free-spirited self whenever we visit them. Uncle Yoongi lives with his best friend Hoseok. He says he only lives with him because he is lazy, and someone needs to make sure Jungkook stays alive. Uncle Yoongi says he likes to mooch off him. I do not know what that means so I always just smile and nod.

Speaking of Taehyung, I am starting to get worried about his behaviour because he does not speak with any kids when we play outside beside me and Kookie. I am going to a special school for people like me. So, I cannot be home during the day to play with him anymore. Uncle Hoseok looks after TaeTae and Kookie when daddy and uncle Yoongi are at work doing music, TaeTae does not want to play with any kids when Uncle Hoseok takes them to the park. Daddy says that he was always like that when I was sick. He misses me and only wants to play with me or Kookie.

Once when I was going to school TaeTae had drained the battery of my wheelchair so I could not leave the house. Daddy was so mad at TaeTae, that he cried and hid in our bedroom until daddy promised that I would not go to school and that I could stay home with him and Kookie. I do not like going to school anymore. But I have to go so I can become smart and look after my TaeTae. When I tell him this he always smiles and says that he cannot wait to go to school with me. Daddy says that TaeTae will go to a different school because mine is for special people like me. I wish I could walk so I can be with TaeTae always.

Tae still does not like my green eye, so I still wear an eye patch. TaeTae made me a special eye patch so I will always have him near me. It has a parrot on it and a secret pocket. He is my eyes and legs. I love him.

Daddy says that we can get a pet. I was so excited that I could not wait to tell TaeTae. He wants a puppy. I was not sure what I wanted. I knew when I see it, I would know. We can only get one pet so I will get what TaeTae wants. I am the big brother and I want to see TaeTae smile. I want to have someone that will watch over TaeTae while I am at school. So, if he wants a puppy, we are getting a puppy. Because I love my TaeTae.

*****

Jimin POV

The past four years of my life had been tough on me mentally, as the longer I stayed unclaimed at the shelter the less likely my chances of being adopted. Most people who came to the shelter wanted a normal puppy that was younger and cuter. So, it was no surprise when I saw a young family walk in with an annoyed looking young boy in tow, that my hopes dropped when he headed straight to the display of normal newborn puppies. I am not sure how long I stood watching them interacting, that I had failed to notice another boy in a wheelchair come in after and wonder down towards my cage. All I remember was the sound of his curious voice.

"What are you? You’re not like the other puppies” the boy asked in wonder “You look like a boy like me, but with cute ears and a pretty tail”

All I could do was stare back at him, no one other than the staff had ever spoken to me. This was new and I could not handle it, so I just stayed still and watched him looking at me with a tilted head and a curious expression on his face. Before the situation between us could get anymore a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter