Chapter 8 - So close to the exit

Can I Be Your Puppy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jimin can you see the exit, we’re almost at the door and then we will be outside, and you’ll be coming home with us. We just need daddy to convinced the owner of here to let us take you home” Jin spoke excitedly as he sped up the wheelchair “Are you excited to be free?”

“Yes, times a thousand. I have never been outside of my cage…well I think I used to be allowed to walk around…” Jimin replied excited but also confused about his memory.

Before we could make it pass the end of the cages we were stopped by the mean worker and another two blocking our passage. Stopping abruptly Uncle Yoongi stumbled into the back of the wheelchair letting out a moan of discomfort.

“Are we doing this again? Move aside before I make you” Uncle Yoongi threatened

“Unfortunately, we cannot let you leave the shelter until Jimin has been officially adopted”

“But we want him” Tae whined from Uncle Yoongi’s back, not realising that he cannot just take Jimin, that would be kidnapping.

“Please stay calm, we aren’t going to do anything unless you try to leave” the mean worker advised as he held up his hands to show he was not a threat.

“Tae and Jinnie can’t trust you” Tae accused the workers not trusting their motives.

“I promise that I don’t want to hurt Jimin” the mean worker assured as he walked towards us, kneeling down in front of Jimin taking his balled up fisted into his hands running soothing circles to get him to relax.

“I won’t hurt you anymore Jimin, I promise on the picture that you hold dear” the mean worker softly spoke as he gave Jimin a photo, watching his reaction as he looked at it.

“Why did you lie to Jimin? I could smell coconuts…you said that you loved me and would always be by my side…Why did Daniel hide away from Jimin?” Jimin sobbed as he undid the belt and jumped into the mean workers arms burying his face into his shirt deeply breathing in their scent.

“I’m so sorry Jimin, I didn’t want to leave you and the only way that I could be close without you knowing was to change” the mean worker spoke softly into Jimin’s hair running his fingers through it.

“I knew you would be nice if I ever got out. You gave Jimin the photo, you celebrated my birthday and gave me presents” Jimin mumbled into the mean workers shirt “Jimin loves Daniel so much. You are Jimin’s first dad, even if you hid away from Jimin…why didn’t you adopt Jimin and leave…I cried begging for you to take me”

“I tried to adopt you Jimin when I found out what they were doing, but I was denied so many times. I fought so hard to keep you in your…”

“Daniel please step away from those children” a voice sternly ordered behind him “You’re no-longer needed to take care of Jimin, so get back to your job”

“But Jimin finally found Daniel again” Jimin whined as he grabbed onto his shirt “I want to stay longer with Daniel, before you take be back to my cage” Jimin begged on the verge of tears as he grabbed Daniel tightly in his small arms.

“Daniel take Jimin to the backroom, you can say your farewells there before Jimin leaves”

“No. You are going to euthanise Jimin” Taehyung yelled out panicked as Daniel lifted Jimin into his arm, sadness flickering across his eyes as he looked at Jimin giving him a small smile.

“I always knew this would be hard, I’ve been selfish wanting you to stay here with me” Daniel spoke softly to Jimin giving him a look of love “Are you ready to finally say goodbye?”

“Yes” Jimin replied with tears in his eyes as he wrapped his arms around Daniels neck smelling his scent.

“Boys, Daniel needs to take Jimin to the back room, please don’t make a scene” Namjoon spoke as he came to kneel before his sons.

“But they are euthanise him if go back room” Jin warned looking at Daniel holding Jimin worried.

“Daniel protects Jimin. He won’t hurt me”

“I need to get you ready for your big day” Daniel replied looking at an annoyed Taehyung “You’re getting adopted, so we need to make you look nice for your new family”

“Tae and Jin are going to be my brothers? I’m finally going to see outside?”

“Is that true Papa Bear? We can adopt Jimin?” Taehyung yelled excitedly as he bounced on Uncle Yoongi’s back.

“That’s right Baby Bear, we are taking Jimin home with us”

“But why are you taking him to back room?” Jin asked confused that he was being taken to a place where they will kill Jimin.

“Don’t worry, the room is where I can be cleaned and checked” Jimin explained still not moving from his position on Daniel’s neck.

“You both can come and watch” Daniel offered as he started to walk off back down the row of cages where Jimin once lived.

“It is alright you can both go. Tae you better hop onto Jin’s wheelchair before you lose them” Namjoon replied as he motioned for the boys to hurry. Without delay they were burning rubber in the direction they last Jimin and Daniel walking.

****

“Jimin undress and get into the bath so I can wash off all this dirt” I ordered as I searched the shelves for the body wash that I had hidden away when they took away all his possessions.

“Does Jimin have fur on his body? How about claws? How much of a puppy is he?” Taehyung excitedly shot questions out rapidly.

“When he goes through puberty he will get fur around his face, think of it like when you get a beard”

“He will get a beard?” Taehyung asked confused looking at a Jimin sitting in the bath waiting patiently to be cleaned.

“No, Jimin will get fur around his face” he explained from the bath playing with the hose “I can shave it”

“Do not worry boys, there are special vets that deal with hybrid’s like Jimin. So, if he needs help there are people beside me that can help him”

“No. Has to be Daniel that helps Jimin” he called from the bath now playing with the sponge that Daniel had given him.

“To answer your other two questions. Jimin does have claws, I will be able to show you them when I clean and cut them. Currently Jimin is still young so he does not have fur, how much he will have I cannot say”

“So Jimin is still young like me?”

“Tae, I’m still a human not just an animal” Jimin pouted from the bath that was now partially filled.

“Tae loves that Jimin is different, Tae want to know if we need to…”

“What TaeTae is trying to say is that he wants to make you feel normal”

“Treat him like how you would treat your brother” I interrupted starting to clean Jimin.

I leant over the bath grabbing the hose from Jimin, softly spraying his body before taking the sponge and pouring the body wash so I could lather Jimin’s body. Watching Jimin gave me a warmth that I had missed, he looked so happy that he was being given a bath for the first time since he was caged, playing with the foam like the young child he was. We were in our own world softly speaking to each other as I rinsed off the foam, a grin on his face when he splashed water in my direction.

“Jimin do you want to wash your tail and hair? Or are you…?”

“I can wash my tail, then you wash my hair and ears” Jimin replied as I squirted shampoo into his hand that was specifically for hybrids with fur from a different bottle.  

“Why are you using different cleaners?” Taehyung asked as he came closer to watch us.

“I like to smell like coconuts…this I use for my fur and hair” Jimin replied showing the shampoo in his hand as he slowly rubbed into his tail causing it to foam and the water becoming dirty when he finally rinsed out all the dirt that clung to his tail.

“Jimin is all cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter