Chapter 22: JEALOUS YOLIEEE

Hidden Message

When Baekhyun's so-called "best friend" left the library, he made a deep sigh and looked at the guy he thinks he likes.

 

Chanyeol was very exhausted with his exams, it is his last set today for the midterm. When he finished answering his paper he hurriedly goes to the library instead of going back to their office, he wants to have a quiet place for the meantime. While he was busy trying to fall asleep he saw a beautiful face walking slowly and pouting towards the empty table, a few tables away from him. He can't help but smile and stare at him longer than he expects it. When he decided to stand and walk towards him he froze when he saw his best friend teasing and touching Beakhyun the way he doesn't like to see. He is slowly convinced that Yixing really likes Beakhyun more than just a friend. It made him remembered what they talked about during PubDay.

 

After that night when he confessed to Baekhyun, he can't help but feel guilty when he saw him cried. He's not sorry because he told Baekhyun that he's starting to like him, he was sorry because he let the person he likes to cry and it was so stupid of him. After what Baekhyun told him, he can't find any words but to start driving again and dropped him on his house.

 

It's the PubDay, the most awaited event for most of the students, he didn't get to have a good sleep because of what happened last night. All he could every think today was to look for Baekhyun, ask for an apology and make peace with him. But when he rests his sight on his left, he saw how Yixing touched Baekhyun from afar, very careful as if he is holding a fragile person, he knows Baekhyun should be treated that way but he doesn't like seeing Yixing doing that to his Pupp, he should be the one who's caressing that way and no one else. He can't take on watching them anymore when he kissed Baekhyun on the cheek, he's mad, he's really pissed, and he wants to kick someone right now.

 

Few moments later, he noticed Yixing going towards him doing a friendly smile, and he did the same way too, though deep inside he is killing Yixing on his mind.

 

"Hi bro! We're partners today, Pupp said."

 

"Oh yeah? Okay."

 

"Yes." He smiled at him again. Why is he smiling anyway? What's with this guy? "What are we gonna do bro?"

 

Chanyeol explained the mechanics and after he thinks Yixing understood it well he then prepared the materials they are going to use and of course, the latter also helped.

 

"You know what, Baekhyun is the kind of person who thinks of someone else before thinking himself. When he is committed to something or someone, surely he will give his all and that's what I also hate about him...he cares too much. But that's what I also like at the same time, as long as he can extend himself to be a help to anyone he'll surely do it, my selfless Pupp." Yixing looked at him and smiled shortly. "Oh, I heard you are calling him Pupp too."

 

"Yes, I do." Chanyeol smiled out of nowhere. "He looks a lot like a dog, his expression fits a lost Puppy all the time."

 

"Do you know I called him that too?"

 

This time Chanyeol cut his smile and stare to the person beside him. He didn't think there's another person who's calling his Pupp, Pupp. He then shooked his head, cut his stare and continue what he's doing.

 

"I call Baek Pupp because I see things like what you see to him too. I was actually surprised when he let you call him that because I should be the only one who's entitled to do that." Now Yixing stopped what he's doing and stared at Chanyeol again, this time in a serious way like any time he is ready to punch the latter. "Anyways, you're lucky one dude. But I want you to know, my Pupp is precious to me and I am much willing to punch anyone whoever breaks him."

 

Chanyeol can't find any words to respond with what Yixing is telling him now. He's confused. Is this some kind of love confession telling him to back off because he owned Baekhyun? Or he is just concerned because Baek is his best friend? His thoughts cut off when someone tapped his shoulder.

 

"Hi Yeol! Have you seen Minseok?"

 

"Hi Dae, No. Maybe he's on his post now. Why? You need something from him?"

 

"Kinda. Can I have his number?"

 

His thoughts went back to reality when a small man snapped a hand in front of his face. 

 

What a nice reality it is, my angel.

 

"Hi!"

 

"Hi!" He swears to gods Baekhyun with glasses is the cutest version of himself. Those glasses that hugs his upper cheek that emphasized his fluffy face.

 

"Are you okay Chan?"

 

"Yeah, why'd you ask?"

 

"I was about to get some books when I noticed someone's staring at me and I saw you."

 

"Oh yeah, that. Nothing, I was just thinking of something else, maybe it just happened I was staring at your side."

 

"Okaaaay." Baekhyun stared at him in a skeptical way. "Anyways...since you're here, I want you to ask on something." He pulled a chair and sat in front of him, took his phone and showed him the Gossip Taboo. "Do you know who's the person behind this account?"

 

"No, why?"

 

He heard Bakehyun's deep sigh and looked at him once again. "Are you aware of this account and what it does?"

 

"Kind of. Why?"

 

His eyes got bigger and lean at him closer. "Really? Why all of you knew about it?"

 

"Don't tell me you don't?" The person in front of him shooked his head and he was shocked in disbelief. "Seriously Pupp? You're the last person I would ever think who don't know about this." He then made a small laugh.

 

"Why? Because I'm a pub member and I should be knowing all the stuff here in school?"

 

"Well...yeah..." He couldn't help himself not to smile seeing the person in front of him pouting unconsciously. 

 

"Anyways, have you seen their latest post?"

 

"Nope. I knew about it but I don't follow them." he stared at him playfully and showed that white teeth making a big smile. "But you are. Why?"

 

"It's not like that, Jongdae said something and I checked it myself.

 

"So what it says?"

 

He saw how Baekhyun became uneasy, he's breaking the stare between them and made many deep sighs.

 

"There's an article about us. I asked you because you might know the person behind it or if there's anything that you can do to delete what they posted."

 

Baek tapped the tweet and gave his phone to him. Chan was shocked about what the article was saying. He can't believe how this tweet reached a thousand likes and retweets.

 

"Is there anything you can do about this to take it down?"

 

"I don't know Pupp. I'm afraid I don't know-how."

 

"Omg. What are we gonna do then?"

 

"Hmmmn...nothing?"

 

"What?"

 

"Just let it be?"

 

"Woah! Are you serious?"

 

"Is there anything that you can do Pupp?"

 

"No. But--"

 

"It'll pass. You're in the publication, you should know better."

 

"I know. But if Kyungsoo will see this he might misunderstand and get mad at me."

 

His naughty smile and happy heart cut loose when he remembered what happened earlier. He became serious and looked at Baekhyun into his eyes without breaking the contact.

 

"Why? Or were you afraid that Yixing will misunderstand it and get mad at you?"

 

"What do you mean by that Chan?"

 

"Is he really your best friend or you both are more than that?"

 

"Hey, stop. What are you talking about?"

 

"Are you both together now Baek?" He saw how confused the person in front of him now. "Oh, nevermind. Don't answer that, I don't have the right to question you something like that." He broke the stare and fixed his things scattered on the table and stands up. "Anyways, I'll see what I can do about the tweet Baek. See you around."