CHAPTER 10: GOSSIP TABOO

Hidden Message

"Is everything okay now?" Baekhyun asked his ed board. They're having another meeting before the foundation started tomorrow to polish some of their assignments, especially for the Pub Day event. "Is our budget okay now Dae?"

"Yep, I encashed it already this morning." Jongdae's their Managing  Editor basically, he's assigned for all memos, budget requests and everything about filing. 

"Nice, thank you, Dae. Let's distribute each budget for everybody later." Baekhyun is talking to them while cleaning his table since they'll have guests any minute which he's about to discuss with his team. Their office is neat already since Jongdae is maintaining the cleanliness of it but it's just his table that's messy. He can't actually work well when it's too neat, but this time he has to clean it. "Anyways, Miss Yoo and I talked yesterday and the night before our meeting. She suggested that her brother is willing to help us with our activity. And I talked to Chanyeol too, they'll be here any minute.

"Ohhh, so that was what all the rumors about..." Jongdae concluded with his one brow raised. 

"Rumors, what?" he confusedly asked.

"Top students from different departments and heads of both orgs are spotted together." Junmyeon quote and quote the headline.

"Where did that came from?" He swears he's so puzzled right now, why didn't he know about that?

"It's all over on the gossip taboo, Hyung." Now even Jongin new? He's really confused right now.

"Taboo what now? What's that? Enlighten me!"

"Goodness gracious our Baekhiee you are really naive." He gives Jongdae a killer look. "Gossip taboo is actually popular in social media, on twitter specifically, but only students know about it. Everybody knows about it, oh wait you don't know about it, so not everybody now. Thank you for ruining the reputation Baek." Jongdae snaps.

Baekhhyun is really staring Jondgae very sharp now, if only it could pain him. But it seems like the latter didn't care at all, he stared him sharp back too.

"You really don't know about it Baek?" Junmyeon unbelievably asked. Baekhyun shooked his head, eyes wide. Why would he know things such as that anyway?

"I swear I don't, and I haven't heard of that..." He's about to continue what he's saying when three continues knocked interrupted them. "Maybe it's them already."

Jongin being the nearest from the door, he stands up and opened it. There Baekhyun saw Chanyeol's handsome-bright-face entering the door first followed by Sehun and Minseok. Jongdae offered them seats and interrupted Baekhyun from traveling his mind away.

"I didn't know when you asked for help good looking guys will join the squad." Jongdae made the brightest smile he could show off to the three guests. specifically, he is showing it widely to Minseok. When Baekhyun looks at his Managing Editor, he can't help but raise an eyebrow to him. And when did Jongdae exchanged seats to come nearer to his prospect? He saw Minseok smiled uncomfortably because of it, Jongdae moves are showing unnoticed again. He shakes his head but dropped that scene for a while and go straight to the topic. He knows everyone is busy and has many responsibilities on top, he has to finish the meeting ASAP. He clears his throat once he thinks everyone's settled. 

"So hi guys, good afternoon. Let me introduce my name and my editorial board before starting the meeting. My name's Byun Baekhyun, in charge of this team. They are the Kims, Kim Junmyeon hyung our Associate Editor, Kim Jongdae Managing Editor and Kim Jongin our Staff Writer. Swear they are not related to each other." He smiled shyly just to somehow lighten the mood. "Can you please introduce us to your team Mr. Chanyeol Park?"

"Oh stop with the formality Pupp." Chanyeol smile so wide saying his nickname most confidently like he's been calling him that for quite some time now. 

Baekhyun on the other hand, eyes wide like he wants to cover Chanyeol's mouth. He's actually releasing cold sweats right now, oh how he wished no one heard it. But too late now, he saw s looking at each other and to him, telling him he has so much explanation to do.

"The name's Chanyeol Park, this our student council Secretary Kim Minseok hyung and my cousin Oh Sehun. I didn't get too much from my team since we also have some things to do at the same time as your activity Pupp." Chanyeol saw Baekhyun's reaction when he calls the latter Pupp and he's enjoying it again the way his expressions changed. He winks at Baekhyun before letting him start to continue some announcements.

The meeting finished after an hour of discussions. They turned over the games needed for the amazing race which will handle by a team or individual depends how heavy the games are. Baekhyun dismissed the meeting and told them about the call time the day after tomorrow. 

"I'll text you tonight Pupp, Thank you."
"No, thank you Chan." Baekhyun said sincerely before closing the door.

As he turned around he saw the three behind him both arms folds in their chests and stare at him with a questioning look. He surely has so many explanations to do.