CHAPTER 13: WHO IS CHANYEOL THOUGH?

Hidden Message

It's on its fifth ring now and probably all the curse Baekhyun could say, he said it already. He is still clueless with what Chanyeol is up to and it's late at night for a not-so-friend calling at this hour. But how can he not answer the call? With this face popping on his phone, how can he resist it? Even with his profile picture, his face is still serious but he doesn't know why he still likes the way this guy act, he finds it cute and cool. 
When he is about to answer the call the line ended. His shoulders with full of tension and excitement fell, he realized it took him long before he decided to answer the call. It's too late now, he thinks, and he's disappointed with himself.  He will probably sleep again, he thought. His eyes lit together with his phone when this serious photo guy popped again on his screen, without any hesitation after the first ring he slides the green button.

"H-hello?"

"What took you so long to answer my call?" He can hear Chanyeol's irritation on the other line. Again, why though? He was about to say sorry and tell that it won't happen again...and a rush pause enters his mind. Why would he say sorry? Why would he apologize and plan on telling that it won't happen again? Who that is Chanyeol in his life? Byun Baekhyun you're crazy, he thought to himself too. He made a deep sigh and answered on the politeness way he could do.

"Well it's late and I'm sorry if it irritates you that I didn't answer your call." He should be using a normal tone while saying it, but lot's of thought came rushing in his mind why Chanyeol has the guts on talking to him like that because he has no rights at all. And it turned out that it became sarcastic rather than civil.

"So we are being sarcastic now?" Now he can assure that the guy on the other line is pissed. He heard one heavy sigh on the line and it makes him more confused. There's a lot of questions  that he wants to ask, most especially it all rotates with "why?"

"It's not how you think it is." You are so soft Baek. He wants to scold himself. With just a big sigh he felt guilty after. "I just don't understand why you seem irritated for not answering your first call when it's late at night." He confusedly asked with his soft voice.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you this late. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then. Sleep well  Pupp." Before he can say anything Chanyeol cut the line immediately. With the last tone he made, the husky-low-confused-voice it made him feel bad and anxious.

"I really don't get you Chanyeol. Why are you doing this?" A few minutes ago he was arguing to himself whether to answer the call or not. When he decided to swipe the green button the ring stopped, he was disappointed after then and the fluttering feeling fired up again when the second call popped up. With those short minutes that happened, he knew Chanyeol can give all kinds of emotions in just a short time and that's why it made him asked what's with the different attitudes Channyeol is giving him also.   He made a deep sigh, hug his pillow, eyes on the ceiling and slowly closed it while trying to sleep again.