Superstar

Superstar

 

Chapter 8:

Prom Night

 

''Hey guys. I'm home. Will you be free to drop by here? Steph.''

 

''I hope they'll receive my message. I really need them now.'' I said.

 

''Steph? Really? Ok I’ll come and I'll give something to you.'' Ashley replied.

 

Moments later, Ashley came in our home. And I was so glad to see her.

 

''I thought I wouldn't see you anymore.'' I said.

 

''Yah. I thought too. Hey, but why are you here?'' she replied.

 

''Well, actually I thought we're going to stay there but it's like we had a small vacation.''

 

''Oh well, here.''

 

She brought out tickets for the prom night.

''I have bought two tickets and thought I would have a date. But as usual, no one comes. Hay. So I'm giving you this ticket so you could go with us on the Prom Night.'' she said.

 

''Prom? Well, this is my wish. To attend a Prom! Thank you Ashley.''

 

I hugged her so tight because, of course, I'm so happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

''May I talk to the principal of this school?'' Aiden said to the guard.

 

''Oh sir, come. Come, she's right there in the office. Ahm, sir, my daughters love you and could you give me some autographs?'' the guard said.

 

''Oh. My pleasure.''

 

He signed his autograph and continued his way to the principal's office.

 

''Ma'am, good morning. I'm Aiden Lee from California.'' Aiden Lee stated as he entered the office.

 

''Aiden Lee? The famous superstar? Here in my office? Well, come here and have a seat. What can I do for you my darling?'' the principal said with a big happy smile on her face.

 

''I saw a tarpaulin there saying that you would have a prom. And it is like a prom for a cause. I'm willing to help there. And it's also stated there a welcome back? Who are you welcoming back?''

 

''Oh, we are welcoming back Stephanie Gomez our SSG President. She just came yesterday. Oh, by the way, you're really sure you want to attend the prom?''

 

''*STEPH studies here? For sure she's in the prom!''* Well, I'm going to have a mini concert here. I wanted it and no talent fees. Just allow me to perform on the Prom Night.''

 

''Yes, Mr. Lee. You're very much welcome here.''

 

''Thank you ma'am''

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

''What are you going to wear later?'' Elaine asked.

 

''I don't know. And I don’t know if I'm going to the Prom.'' I replied.

 

''Why?''

 

''With all those issues, I don't know if I can still face many people.''

 

''No, you're going to the prom and I'm the one going to dress you and fix you up. They don't know what the truth is. So they should shut their mouths.''

 

I hugged my sister for being so supportive and that's what I like about her.

 

She chose a beautiful dress. She put make-up on my face and voila I'm ready to go to the Prom.

 

As I walk on the red carpet through the door of the Prom Night's gathering, everyone is looking at me and I can hear soft sounds saying ''Look. Steph, the girl who made an issue and said that Aiden and she had a relationship.''

 

''Just keep walking.'' Elaine said. ''Don't mind those people.''

 

I entered the room and the spotlight suddenly focused on me and people started to stare at me.

 

*OMG! What's happening* I said on my mind.

 

''Stephanie Gomez, you left without my permission.'' a loud voice from the dark said.

 

''It's like..''

 

I am not yet finished talking and suddenly Taylor screamed!

 

''It's Aiden Lee!''

 

I looked at the stage with my eyes so focused on his handsome face.

 

''I forgot to tell the meaning of 3392243. You are important to me. Love you.''

 

I was shocked with the words that I heard.

 

*Was it real? He said that he loved me?*

 

He then started singing,

 

Can't blame you for thinking that you never really knew me at all

I tried to deny you

But nothing ever made me feel so wrong

I thought I was protecting you

Form everything that I go through

But I know that we got lost along the way

 

So here I am with all my heart

I hope you understand

I know I let you down

But I'm never gonna make that mistake again

You brought me closer to who I really am

Come take my hand

I want the world to see

What you mean to me

 

He held my hand and knelt.

 

''Stephanie Gomez, I'm sorry for denying you. I know it was my fault. And all I want to say to everyone that you are the one I love. I lied about the issue. And now, in front of many people I want to say sorry and ask a question.''

 

''What do you want to ask?'' I said while I'm hiding the tears.

 

''Stephanie Gomez, will you be mine?''

 

Screams started to blare. And without our notice, the paparazzi caught it all.

 

I said nothing and slowly tears fall and all I did was to nod. He hugged me tight and even carried me. That was the moment I lost my anger. I only felt the love.