Superstar

Superstar

 

Chapter 1

A song started it all

 

I'm Stephanie Gomez but you can call me 'Steph' for short. I am just a normal person. Nothing great in me. All I just want is to experience something great. I never even imagined to be a star nor to marry one. I just want to be me. But in just a glimpse of an eye, my entire life changed even just for a while.

 

''Don't you really like him? He is so handsome, have a great voice, very good in dancing and all the qualities you’re looking for a man he have all of it,'' Ashley said.

 

Ashley is my childhood friend and also my best friend for a long time ago. We have many in commons like fashion style, music, food, etc. But we differ on this Superstar. Many fans liked that superstar but I can't seem to figure out why I don't like him.

 

''Aiden Lee?! I don't know. I just simply don't like him,'' I replied.

 

''Well, I can't force you to like him but I'm telling you sooner or later you'd get in love and obsessed with him,'' she stated.

 

''If pigs fly and fish, walk. That's the time I'll like him,'' I said.

 

Taylor started running towards us.

 

Taylor is my other best friend. I met her when we were on our 4th grade on elementary years. She is the most updated fan of Aiden Lee, I guess.

 

''Hey, listen to this song. It is very beautiful and Aiden Lee was the one who sang it,'' Taylor stated.

 

''What is the title of the song? OMGeee! What a voice?!'' Ashley asked.

 

''It is entitled 'My everything'. A new song in his latest album,'' Taylor replied.

 

As the song starts to play, my ears started to listen to the pleasing melody the intro of the song is showing. Then the song started, ''The loneliness of nights alone. The search for strength to carry on. My every hope has seemed to die. My eyes have no more tears to cry.''

 

''Nice song,'' I exclaimed.

 

''Told you, you'll soon gonna like him!'' Ashley teased.

 

''No! I just simply like the melody and the lyrics but not the singer,'' I said.

 

The two looked to each other and pouted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*bell rings*

*in Algebra class*

 

Everybody focuses in this class. For them, it is the hardest stuff or subject to learn. It will take a millennium for them to understand every detail of it. The silence of the class was disturbed when,

 

''Mr. Mendoza, you're late! And you should have a good reason,'' Professor Henry shouted.

 

Everybody laughed. Well, Mr. Mendoza or should I call him Marcus Mendoza, is one of the best students in this school, actually he is the second honor (after me!) because he is always late in class and sometimes get lazy in doing some activities and home works.

 

''Ahm...ahm.., Sir I got late because of the heavy traffic,'' Marcus replied.

 

''Traffic? But your home is just blocks away from the school? How come you'll experience traffic?'' the Professor exclaimed.

 

''Ahm...Ahm,''

 

''Sir, he was not in their home yesterday. He was on his other home in SJ Ville. They have a reunion yesterday,'' I defended Marcus.

 

''Yes! Right, right! I was there,'' he added.

 

''Ok, I'll accept it but next time I caught you late again in class Mr. Mendoza, I'll have to put you to detention,'' the Professor said.

 

''Yes sir!''

 

''Go to your sit now,''

 

Marcus goes to his chair three chairs away from me. Before he sits, he looked at me and said thanks. I just smiled.

 

As the professor is writing our lectures, the song My Everything suddenly played on my mind without even thinking of it.

 

*No, I can't be thinking of it!* I said in my mind while slapping my face. *Focus Steph, focus!*

 

Moments later, it was removed in mind. As the teachers change, and so as the subjects, I feel so tired and so sleepy.

''Yawn!!'' the only word I have said and I didn't know, I started to fall asleep. :)

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

''Steph, faster! We have to go home early. Mom and dad said they have something important to tell us,'' my sister, Elaine, shouted while showing hand signs for I to go faster.

 

''Yah! I'm now running. What is this 'important thing' mom and dad are gonna tell us?'' I asked.

 

''I don't know that's why we're hurrying, right? So we can hear it from them,'' she answered.

 

We immediately rode a bus. We were already standing because the bus was full of passengers and there are no more vacant seats for us to sit on to.

 

While we're in the bus...

 

''You are My Everything, nothing your love would bring. My life is yours alone. The only love I ever know...'' the radio started to play.

 

''OMGeeeeee!!! It's Aiden Lee! From his latest album Love You!'' a girl said.

 

''I really want to see him, in person!'' another girl said.

 

I was just smiling as I think that yes, I admit, the song is beautiful but I still don't know why people like him.

 

''Oh My Gosh,'' That's the only word I have uttered.

 

''Hi! I'm Aiden Lee. I'm inviting everyone to please buy a ticket for my upcoming concert in California. To all Fishes out there, come. I'll be waiting for you!'' the radio announced.

 

Girls started to scream out. They also started talking about the upcoming concert that he (Aiden Lee) will be holding.

 

*I can't go there, it's too far from home.* *OMG, what am I thinking about?! I shouldn't be thinking of this. It should not be happening, no!*

 

The bus stopped and my sister and I go down and run immediately home.

 

''We're home! Mom, Dad, what is that important thing you are going to tell us?'' Elaine asked.

 

''Hi my daughters,'' mom said. ''Your dad and I have decided, we're going to leave Texas.''

 

''What??! Reaaallllyyy??! Why??!!'' I shouted.

 

''It's just because, your grandma is sick and no one is going to take care of her and because I'm the only child I have the obligation to take care of my mom when she's sick.'' mom replied.

 

''How about our studies? Our friends? And when will we leave this home?'' Elaine asked.

 

''You're going to transfer a new school and as soon as possible we should leave,'' dad said. ‘Is it ok for you?''

 

''There's nothing we can do. We love our friends but we love grandma more so we need to go there and take care of her,'' Elaine answered.

 

''So pack your things and we're leaving the day after tomorrow. Don't worry, tomorrow you'll be able to say goodbye to your friends,'' mom said.