TWO

[chaptered] Wonders

 

“Kyu-ah~ what’s this? It’s cute!” Sungmin asked as he adores the water bottle.

“Oh, Min! Ugh~ that, aaahhh~~ nothing. Really.” Kyuhyun answered. He doesn’t know why, but he’s so nervous.

“Do you still need it? Can I have this?”

“Ugh… No Min, sorry. Oh let’s eat!” Kyuhyun said diverting their topic.

“Aaaaaayyy~ okay. Tsss.” Sungmin obeyed. They ate and after eating they continued doing the homework. 30 minutes later Sungmin gave up. “Kyuuuu~ please let me copy your homework instead. This is really hard.”

“But how will you know how this and that happened?”

“Teach me again before the exam. Please? Please?” Sungmin begged.

“You’re always like that. Do I even have a choice?” Kyuhyun whined.

“None! Yay! Thanks Kyu!!” Sungmin beamed, well, after that, he attacked Kyuhyun. Attacking by means of tickling. “Let’s play shall we? You didn’t play with us earlier so this is your punishment!”

“Oh Sungmin stop! We’re not kids anymore! Stop that. Aaaa!! AHAHAHAHA. Oh my God I can’t breathe!”

“No! You will experience this for the rest of your life or you’ll find other friends Kyu!” Sungmin shouted.

“Just wait for my HAHAHAHAHA revenge Sung-HAHAHAHA-min!” and with that Kyuhyun used all his strength to tickle Sungmin back, in which he succeeded.

“Oh God! This is unfair! Your arms are longer. Aaaaaa!!”  Sungmin shouted, well, he really can’t reach Kyuhyun anymore. He acts like crazy right now until he lay on the floor. He continued to laugh and Kyuhyun continued to tickle him too when he decided to fight back. He gathered all the strength left on him and reached for Kyuhyun. He somehow succeeded as Kyuhyun bowed down and begged for his life.

“Oh Sungmin stop now I promise I’ll stop too.”

“You stop first!” Sungmin commanded.

Kyuhyun stopped. So as Sungmin. Silence filled the room. A very awkward silence. Both of them just noticed that they’re on a very awkward position. They’re both laying on the floor with Kyuhyun on top, faces a few inches apart each other. No one dared to speak for a good few minutes until Sungmin smiled awkwardly.

“Kyu, you’re heavy. I need to go home. So yeah, get off of me now.” Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun jumped out of Sungmin in an instant and offered his hand to the said boy which he gladly accepted. As Sungmin stood up Kyuhyun immediately apologized. “I’m sorry!” and then he bowed.

“Oh! No need! I need to go home now Kyu. It’s 10pm already. Thanks for teaching me! See you tomorrow!” and with that Sungmin rushed out of Kyuhyun’s room.

Kyuhyun on the other hand, remained standing on that same spot. His heart is beating like crazy. He doesn’t know why, or does he know? He’s always like that when he’s extremely close to Sungmin. He only feels that when he’s with Sungmin. “What’s wrong with me?” Kyuhyun asked himself.

The next day both of them went to school early. Well, Sungmin needs to copy Kyuhyun’s homework. The entire day was spent like the usual ones, except when the two were about to go home. As they’re walking towards the school gate a cute girl approached them.

“Oh hi Haeri-shii!” Sungmin greeted cheerfully.

“Aah~ hello Sungmin-shii! Hello Kyuhyun-shii!” Haeri, a small cute girl from their class, greeted back.

“What’s wrong? It’s not normal for you to approach us!” Sungmin exclaimed while Kyuhyun remained silent.

“Aaah, actually, uhm, I have something to tell you Sungmin-shii!”

“What is it?” Sungmin asked.

“Can I borrow him Kyuhyun-shii?” now it’s Haeri’s turn to ask.

“Kyu, wait for me here huh!” after Sungmin said that Haeri grabbed him and they went to a place who knows where.

30 minutes later Kyuhyun’s still waiting at the gate. He’s not totally annoyed because of waiting, what bothers him is that Sungmin’s not with his friends right now. He’s with a girl, and what will a girl do if she asked a guy to go to a secluded place? “Of course Haeri will confess to Sungmin. Right?” Kyuhyun stupidly asked to himself. He knows that Haeri’s been admiring Sungmin for quite some time now. He notices every stolen glances of Haeri to Sungmin. “Does Sungmin likes her too?”

“What Kyu?” Sungmin asked the currently out-of-this-world Kyuhyun. “Are you talking to yourself?”

“Wha--- of course not! Let’s go home now shall we?” Kyuhyun hurriedly answered back.

The two walked in silence. Sungmin noticed that Kyuhyun’s so into his thoughts so he didn’t bother to open his mouth. “Maybe Kyuhyun’s angry because I made him wait in the gate a while ago?” Sungmin whispered a little bit loud that Kyuhyun heard it.

“Of course not. No, of course yes!” Kyuhyun answered back.

“Oh~ Am I talking too loud? Or you can read minds Kyu? Woah! That’s a talent you know!” Sungmin teased.

“You’re talking to loud, stupid.”

“Whaaaat? Who’s stupid?” Sungmin frowned.

“Oh, because you made me wait a while ago you deserve a punishment Min!” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

“What punishment?”

“Come!” and so Kyuhyun held Sungmin’s wrist as they walk a little bit faster to a place both of them know, to that part of the forest. “Let’s enter shall we?” Kyuhyun asked while grinning. Well, he’s not really asking, because Sungmin knows that he has no rights to disagree right now. They climbed the wooden gate and walked deeper the forest.

“It’s been long since we last visited this place right?” Sungmin asked.

“Actually Min, I came here yesterday.” Kyuhyun confessed.

“Oh? By yourself?”

“Yes. And do you know, there’s a lake in the middle of this forest now!”

“Lake? Are you sure?”

“Yes. Hurry! It’s so beautiful too! It’s around here as far as I can remember.”

The two of them scanned the entire part of the forest until they both felt tired of looking for the lake. They sat under some random tree and relaxed their overworked feet.

“Where’s the lake Kyu?” Sungmin asked. “Maybe you’re just hungry yesterday you’re imagining things. Your imagination sure is wild huh!”

“But I’m sure there’s a lake here.” Kyuhyun said. He really is sure about it but then he remembered a thing that he saw on the sign. This only applies to hopeless people. I thought it’s only talking about the Miracle Water, what is happening right now? Why is he hopeless? Why doesn’t Sungmin see the lake? So the lake can be seen by hopeless people too?

“Let’s go home now Kyu. That’s why I told you to befriend the others, you’re imagining things now. Maybe you’re lonely. I can’t spend my entire time with you too.” Sungmin explained.

“Nah- maybe I’m just hungry, or it’s just a dream?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Maybe you really are dreaming!” Sungmin teased. “Let’s go now!”

And they went home. As Kyuhyun entered the house, he greeted his mom and went to his room. He searched for the water bottle. He thought it’s also a part of his dream and it will be gone by now. But he’s wrong. He saw it. “So it’s not a dream after all? And yes, Sungmin saw you yesterday too. WHAT’S HAPPENING?” Kyuhyun shouted out of frustration.

“What’s wrong Kyuhyun?” Mrs. Cho yelled back.

“OH NOTHING MOM. I’ll take a bath now. Be there in a few minutes!”

So Kyuhyun took a bath then rushed down to the kitchen to eat. After helping his mom in cleaning the dishes he went upstairs and started doing his homeworks. For the 2nd time, he can’t concentrate on it because of the water bottle. While drowning himself to his thoughts, he heard something in the terrace again. He walked to the terrace and from there he saw Sungmin smiling on the other side.

“Yo!” Sungmin greeted.

“Uhm.” Kyuhyun greeted back. “We don’t have homework in Math today. What do you want?”

“Aisshh. I just want to talk to you. Am I not allowed to have a decent conversation with you?” Sungmin said while showing his oh so lovely puppy eyes.

“What are we going to talk about now?”

“Oh. Ahh. About, hmm, Haeri-shii.” Sungmin shyly said.

“Oh. She confessed to you right?” Kyuhyun guessed. Well not really a guess, he’s sure about it. His plan is to tease Sungmin but something felt so heavy inside him after he said those words. He saw Sungmin pout after he heard it too. Sungmin is shy. This is the first time he saw his best and only friend shy.

“Do you think I should give it a try?” Sungmin asked.

No. Of course not. If you start to hang out with Haeri it will be hard for me to hang out with you. That’s what Kyuhyun’s thinking. But it will make him look like a selfish child gripping on his teddy bear if he says that.

“Kyu.”

“Oh! Of course! She’s cute! And she’s the one who asked you so you should not doubt anything!” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

“But Kyuhyun I..”

“And besides it’s about time for you to have a girlfriend you know! You’re getting old. Haeri’s your ideal type right? Smart, not that tall, cute, and she sings well too! You’ll be a perfect couple!” Kyuhyun added.

“Do you think so?” Sungmin asked.

“Yes. Oh Min! I need to finish the homeworks now. You should do yours too. Sweet dreams!” Kyuhyun suggested.

“Ah. Yes.” Sungmin answered as he nodded. After that he closed the window and smiled at Kyuhyun before closing the curtain.

Kyuhyun, on the other hand, remained on the terrace. Why did he say that? And why does it hurt? Is he jealous? Why will he be jealous? It’s not like Sungmin won’t care about him anymore if he starts on dating Haeri anyway. Kyuhyun, feeling so helpless, just continued doing his homeworks and drowned himself to his own ocean of thoughts before drifting from reality.

 

---

Ohmygod! My account suddenly signed-out and it took me a hundred years just to remember my password. Thank God I remember it! Sorry for the late lame update. Waaah. Comments are loved.