FIVE

[chaptered] Wonders

 

“Hello, Cho Kyuhyun-sshi!”

Even though Kyuhyun heard the girl named Ryeowook greet him, he did not bother to reply. He didn’t want to talk to anybody other than Sungmin. He’s the silent type after all. He also didn’t feel the urge to talk to somebody who might not understand his sentiments. And there are a lot of things to do other than to talk with a newcomer in this early Monday morning. He just knew that Sungmin’s probably in Japan right now and he failed to even wave goodbye. He ignored Sungmin’s attempts to talk to him last Saturday night. He was thinking very hard on how he’ll talk to Sungmin now that he’s out of the country. If he’s in Japan then the time zone’s the same! Maybe I can talk to him later on the net. What to say? God. Of course say sorry. Then, ugh… Ugh… “Ugh!!!” Without Kyuhyun knowing, he stood up in the middle of the class grabbing a whole lot of his hair and showing everyone the frustration he’s feeling. His seatmate then tugged his shirt.

“Kyuhyun-sshi, what are you doing? Sit down!” Ryeowook whispered.

Instead of giving Ryeowook an answer, he gave the girl a glare, a death glare. Ryeowook flinched on her seat and hesitantly removed her hand out of Kyuhyun’s shirt. She kept her head down and continued on whatever she was doing and Kyuhyun, he dashed out of the room. Good thing Mr. Choi decided to leave his students early (even though he’s the teacher of the first subject and it’s still early in the morning) and asked them a whole lot of pages from their English textbook. It’s also a good thing that no one really cared about Kyuhyun being hysterical, well, except for Haeri and his new seatmate.

Kyuhyun didn’t bother to go back to classes after he walked out. I’m not in the mood. He chose to stay on the game house to loosen up. He only left when he saw that the sky’s already colored orange. He did that so he wouldn’t need to explain why he skipped classes. They won’t know it anyway.

 

---

 

When he arrived at his house, he immediately ran upstairs and rushed to his room. He opened his useless cellphone to check if Sungmin really had called him. He blinked millions of times seeing that Sungmin did call, not only once but 154 times. There were also a lot of text messages from him. Some were asking if Kyuhyun’s okay. If Kyuhyun’s angry. If Kyuhyun’s free. If Kyuhyun’s sick. And an apology. There’s a message where Sungmin apologized.

From: Bunny-freak

‘I’ve tried to talk to you but it seems like you weren’t ready yet. Kyu-ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to leave you that day. I didn’t mean to ignore you. It’s just, I’m confused too. Sorry. I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you personally that I’ll be the one going to Japan this year. A year won’t last long. Wait for me okay? Then we’ll talk. Maybe by that time I’m ready to face you again, so do you. Maybe by that time I sort of know what I really feel. Don’t be a loner. Please? Don’t give up on love too! It’s a good thing you can actually love now. Hehe. The message’s too long already! You’ll pay for my bill Cho Kyuhyun. You’ll pay for ignoring me too. Wait for that day.’

Kyuhyun smiled after reading his best friend’s text message.  He threw his cellphone on his bed before proceeding to his laptop. There’s still a way to talk to you Min, I don’t need to wait for an entire year. What’s technology’s for anyway? Upon seeing the desktop of his laptop, he clicked the messenger button right away.

 

 

 Min-ah, why didn’t you barge into the house to tell me that you’ll be the exchange student this year?

Kyuhyun looked at the message he typed. It was actually his umpteenth time he tried, still he wasn’t satisfied. He needed the perfect combination of words but why weren’t those words appear? After 10 years of deliberating, he decided to erase the first ones he typed. While hitting the backspace button, a message suddenly appeared on the chat box. Surprised, Kyuhyun stood up and yelled. “!” After calming himself, he sat down on the chair again and took a deep breath before reading what’s written on the message that his only contact sent.

‘Kyu-ah! You’re online!’

Kyuhyun couldn’t help but smile because his friend talked to him like nothing ever happened. But he couldn’t deny the fact that somehow he was disappointed. So Sungmin didn’t really treat that seriously, does he? Or Sungmin does not feel the same way Kyuhyun does. Kyuhyun thought of a lot of possible answers to his questions but failed to reason out something that can convince himself.

‘*BUZZ*’

“Oh gosh I need to reply. What the.”

‘Ya bunny-freak! Where are you?!’

’Aren’t you being rude Cho? And I’m here in Osaka! Waaah. So pretty!’

‘Whatever. Oh btw…’

‘Uhm…?’

“Should I say sorry? Of course! I need to say sorry. Gosh, what happened to me?”

‘*BUZZ* YAH!! WHAT IS IT?’

‘Can’t you wait? Tss. Okay okay. I’m sorry! I’m sorry for ignoring you for the past week and last Saturday, ugh, I was just really sick back then. Believe me.’

‘Whatever Kyu. Tsk. Tsk. :/’

‘Min. I’ll make it up to you when you come back! I swear!’

‘Okay okay. It’s okay Kyu. Auntie told me that you’re really sick and you’re going to die tomorrow. :)) No but seriously you need to make it up to me. EVERYTHING!’

Kyuhyun let out a sigh of relief after reading Sungmin’s answer, Sungmin’s a good guy, he wouldn’t let his bestfriend suffer because of him, he wouldn’t do that, and Kyuhyun knows all of that.

‘Oh btw Min, I—…

‘Kyu! I need to go now, I still need to unpack s and all. HAHAHA!! Let’s talk again tomorrow, okay?Sweet dreams!’

“Oh. That fast. I wasn’t even able to say something. Hmm.”

‘Okay Min. Sweet dreams. Take good care of yourself there. :)’

Lee Sungmin is offline.

“At least he wasn’t angry. Thank God.”

As soon as Kyuhyun turned off the laptop, he accidentally looked into the terrace and what he saw creep the hell out of him. He ran to the terrace to check if what he perceived was real.

 

 

“Why the is the light open in Sungmin’s room?”

He gripped on a rubber duck that he saw lying on the top of one of the pots on his terrace and threw it on Sungmin’s room’s window. He impatiently waited for the person in the room to open the window and after 10 seconds, he threw another random rubber thing from the pots to the innocent window. Not before he threw another rubber the window opened and the unfortunate person was hit on the face.

“YA! WHY ARE YOU THROWING GARBAGE HERE?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widen as he saw the person standing on the opposite window. After that person recuperate from the pain that the rubber caused, her face showed that she was also shocked. Yes, SHE.

“K-Kyuhyun-shii!”

Startled, Kyuhyun threw a lot of rubber to the said person. The person, on the other hand, started blocking the rubbers by guarding her face using her hands.

“YA KYUHYUN-SSHI THIS IS NOT FUNNY! IT HURTS!!”

They continued their little game until Kyuhyun finds nothing to throw anymore. The poor girl started crying too as she felt the pain in her delicate hands.

 

---

 

As the both of them seemed to calm down, Kyuhyun started to ask questions to the still sobbing girl.

“Why are you there Kim Ryeowook?”

“I am *sniff* Sungmin-oppa’s *sniff* cousin, a-and auntie t-told me to use his *sniff* room since he wasn’t here.”

Kyuhyun didn’t believe on what Ryeowook said. Sungmin never told him about his cousin that is Ryeowook when he almost told Kyuhyun everything about his relatives and ancestors. “Are you telling the truth? My best friend never mentioned a thing about you just so you know.”

“Why don’t you ask him yourself?” Ryeowook answered as she motioned to close the window.

“Ya! YA! I’m not done asking you yet! YAAAA!”

“Sorry Kyuhyun-sshi, I’m tired, let’s just talk tomorrow okay?” and with that Ryeowook closed the window. Kyuhyun was obviously taken aback by what he learned today. Sungmin flew to Japan and Ryeowook is his cousin. “Why didn’t I know any of that? I’m just only out for a week and I already don’t know my best friend! Arrrgghh!!”

Kyuhyun marched to his bed while still wondering about Ryeowook. He jumped onto it and buried his face on the fluffy pillows. He stayed like that for a while before shifting himself to a more comfortable position facing the terrace. It was already almost midnight. There was no noise except the constant creaking sounds crickets produce. He was about to close his now heavy eyes when he noticed something in the terrace. Or rather someone.

Kyuhyun forced his eyes to close. He also covered himself with the blanket. “I am imagining things, I am just tired.” He chanted those words for a while before peeking on the terrace again. Upon seeing that there was nothing on the terrace, Kyuhyun convinced himself that it’s just a figment of his imagination. He shifted positions again with his eyes closed, with his back now facing the terrace. He tried to sleep for a while but he can’t. He was distracted by the sudden loud sound his wall clock made.

 

 

 

 

 

It was already past midnight and he still couldn’t sleep. “Since when did I have an imsomnia?” After mumbling words only him can hear, he accidentally opened his eyes and…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello there, Kyuhyun.”

 

---

 

 

A failed update. Waaah. I know this isn't a nice chapter so I'm sorry! Sorry for the bad grammar, wrong choices of words, typos, HAHA! This is unbeta-ed. I just feel like updating today, coz I might forget the entire story if I won't update as soon as possible. So, what do you think? WAAHH!! I'm really sorry! And thank you to my 12 subscribers~ I never thought that I'll have more than 10, seriously. I love you! <3