SIX

[chaptered] Wonders

 

“Hello there, Kyuhyun.”

 

 

Kyuhyun regretted that he opened his eyes again. In front of him was a lady-like figure standing with its arms crossed. It was shining. It was wearing a long blue dress. Kyuhyun failed to see its face because he was so afraid, thus shutting his eyes tight. He shifted positions again, now facing towards the terrace. Before he could even cover himself with his blanket again, the person standing beside his bed grabbed it from him, leaving Kyuhyun exposed. He wasn’t though, but he felt like one. Drenched in his own sweat, Kyuhyun curled himself into a ball, hoping that this kind of act would protect him.

Not long after that, he started shouting, not caring if he’d wake every sleeping soul present. “You are not real. I am having a nightmare, right, a nightmare!”

He remained in that position a bit longer before he felt something cold on his feet. He started shivering when he felt a hand touching his limb. “Oh my God. Leave me alone. Waahh!! Somebody please help m—“

“Open your eyes.”

“NO! I WON’T OPEN MY EYES. NEVER!”

“Oh, then you won’t be able to see the beauty standing in front of you Kyuhyun-ah! And oh! I won’t hurt you.”

Kyuhyun, being his stubborn self, did not open his eyes. “Why will I listen to you? I don’t even know you. Ugh, shut up!!”

Then there’s a moment of silence. A deafening silence. Kyuhyun thought that he’s really dreaming and now he’s finally awake. But he was wrong. He kept his eyes closed for so long. He flinched when he felt something very cold touching his face. He began to shake when realization hit him. I was not dreaming. He could feel those cold hands caressing his cheeks. Somehow those touches calmed him down. Slowly, his heartbeat began to normalize, so as his entire body. When he felt that he’s somehow stable again, he decided to open his eyes. He blinked several times before he could adjust to the brightness of the thing in front of him. It was right, it was beautiful. Beautiful was still an understatement, Kyuhyun thought. It had big brown eyes, long, pointed nose, perfectly curved lips, milky-white complexion, long, wavy blonde hair, it really was perfect.

“You aren’t an ugly demon or a witch, right?”

It reacted; the thing right in front of him chuckled. “I am this beautiful and I am a witch? A demon? Shut up!”

“T-then, w-who a-are you? A fairy? Goddess? W-what?!”

The figure in front of him gave an equally confused expression. “You don’t know me? I mean, you’re the reason why I am here!”

Kyuhyun’s eyes grew big in shock. Why would you be here because of me? “Excuse me, but I have no connection with witches nor I am an overly religious man so why would you be here and where did y—“

Kyuhyun stopped talking. He remembered a certain thing that might be the origin of it. He immediately stood up and headed for his table. He searched for something and grabbed it when he found it. “Why is it empty?” He asked eyeing the now emptied water bottle in front of him. The cork that was supposed to be the cover of the bottle was gone. “But I did not open it.”

“You did. That’s why I am here. I am from that bottle, and I am here because your wish has been granted.”

“Huh? My wish? What wish? And I opened this? Are you sure?”

“Try to remember honey.”

And so Kyuhyun did, he tried to remember when, where and how he opened the bottle he’s currently holding.

“How to use this?! Should I drink this? OH HOW THE WILL I USE YOU?”

“After I said that what did I do?” Kyuhyun tried real hard to remember everything, and then it hit him. “I shook the bottle then tried to remove the cork. OH! I did remove the cork, but you did not show that day? You’re supposed to appear on the spot right?”

“I showed up, but you are already sleeping. For your information, I can only appear if you’re the only one who’s awake. So this is the only time I will be able to show myself. If you’re going to ask why, honestly even I don’t know.”

“Who are you?”

“Me? Woah! At last you asked that one! I’m Heechul, I am an overly pretty God or fairy or whatever you call a creature like me and I’m here to guide you.”

“Guide me? What?”

The creature who was Heechul stood up right in front of Kyuhyun and held his shoulders. “Your wish, apparently, it has consequences.”

Kyuhyun jolted on his seat. He was surprised to know what Heechul said. “L-like what? You’re going to kill me? B-but, you didn’t tell me that when I saw the water bottle! And what’s my wish? Sungmin’s love?”

“I won’t kill you. That’s not it. And that’s not the wish either. ONE, you can’t wish for someone’s love. That’s all I know about the wish though. But Kyuhyun, even I don’t know what wish was granted.”

Kyuhyun faked a laugh. “So it’s not Sungmin’s love, right? WAIT! So it’ll be between Sungmin transforming as a girl or a girl like Sungmin now?”

Heechul shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe.”

“Nah—Sungmin’s in Japan. Then…”

“The girl like him? Maybe Kyuhyun, I don’t know.”

Kyuhyun eyed Heechul, suspicion evident in his own eyes. “Are you really from the bottle? A Godde-, oh God?”

“YES!”

“But you don’t know a lot of things. What kind of a fairy is that?”

Heechul stamped his feet and nudged Kyuhyun’s right arm. “YA! I am just new, you are my first client and there’s no training so I really don’t know what to do. That’s why I am here, to guide you! And to learn. You’re going to guide me too!”

“What? What are you— Hey! Why are you disappearing?“

Kyuhyun witnessed Heechul disappear and the water bottle filling up again. Then suddenly he heard a loud thump on his terrace. He noticed that the opposite room’s light’s open. When he reached the terrace, he saw a sleepy Ryeowook on the other side.

“Kyuhyun-sshi, why are you shouting a while ago? Is there any problem? And you’re talking too loud.”

She heard me shouting? So I wasn’t really dreaming a while ago? “Sorry. Now you go back to sleep. Sorry.”

Ryeowook yawned. “Are you sure nothing’s wrong?”

“Nothing. Sorry.” And with that Kyuhyun walked out of the terrace, leaving a very sleepy Ryeowook on the other side.

 

---

 

Kyuhyun didn’t manage to sleep that night. He was too engrossed on thinking about his wish and waiting for Heechul to appear again. Much to his disappointment, Heechul did not show himself. He went to school very early that he was the first one to be there. 15 minutes after he arrived, his classmates appeared one by one too. He didn’t mind though, and his classmates didn’t mind about his presence too. “If only Sungmin was here then maybe it’ll be less boring.” He mumbled to himself. His thoughts were clouded by Sungmin again. If the wish is about a girl like Sungmin, then it means that she’s already here. I mean Heechul already showed up, and he said that he’s here because my wish has been granted. But where is she?

“Woah. You’re early! Good morning Kyuhyun-sshi!”

Kyuhyun’s train of thoughts was interrupted because of a certain cheerful Kim Ryeowook greeting him a good morning. “What’s good in the morning?”

“Eh—stop being like that. I’m just trying to befriend you!”

“I don’t like people, and if you’re one of them then automatically, I don’t like you too!”

“But as far as I know Sungmin-oppa’s one of us, why do you like him?”

Upon hearing Sungmin’s name, Kyuhyun glared at the girl but immediately shifted his gaze when he remembered something.

FLASHBACK

5 year old Kyuhyun eyed little Sungmin very intently. “You want to be my friend?”

Even though Sungmin was obviously really afraid of Kyuhyun, he nodded in reply to his question.

Kyuhyun smirked. Sungmin didn’t like what he was seeing but he ignored it anyway. Later on, Kyuhyun held his shoulders making him flinch. “Then wear a pink dress tomorrow.”

Sungmin doe eyes grew bigger after he heard what Kyuhyun said. “B-b-but, I am a boy, and boys don’t wear dresses! Kyuhyun-sshi!”

Kyuhyun started to walk away but stopped at the classroom door and said, “But I like you to be a girl. Well, if you don’t want then we can’t be friends. I guess playing with my game console’s more fun than playing with you.”

The next morning, Kyuhyun was seriously playing with his game console when he heard his classmates shout. “Woah! So cute! Who are you?”

Kyuhyun, who was disturbed by the sudden noise, decided to look for the reason of it. He saw a super cute girl walking towards him with her head bowed down. She was playing with the lace of her backpack while looking left and right. It was obvious that the abrupt attention bothered her. When she reached Kyuhyun’s desk, she took a deep breath and lifted her head. She looked at Kyuhyun right into his eyes before giving the boy a tender smile. “Can I be your friend?”

Kyuhyun, on the other hand, was taken aback. He didn’t know if he’ll be amazed or what but upon looking at the girl’s doe eyes, he immediately noticed that he wasn’t a girl. He was Sungmin. And Sungmin really wore a cute pink dress, just like what he asked him to do. He bit his lip to stop himself from laughing and stood up. He held Sungmin’s little hand and dragged her out of the classroom. When the two of them reached the playground, Kyuhyun let go of Sungmin’s hand making sure that he registered on his mind the softness he felt while holding it.

Silence took over the place not until Sungmin decided to break it by tugging Kyuhyun’s shirt. “Kyuhyun-sshi.”

Kyuhyun looked at the still bowed Sungmin. “Why did you do it?”

Sungmin now managed to lift his head before hitting Kyuhyun’s hand. He pouted after saying “But you told me to wear one so that I can be your friend!”

“But why do you want to be my friend?”

“Because I don’t want you to be sad. Let’s be friends Kyuhyun-sshi!”

Kyuhyun seemed to be drowned on Sungmin’s doe eyes that he felt speechless. Sungmin’s indeed very cute. He was very kind too. Despite his young age he was worrying about somebody else already. He was admiring the masterpiece right in front of him until his mom called the two of them.

“Kyuhyun-ah, Sungmin-ah, classes will start, come in already!”

Kyuhyun then pulled Sungmin into the room after saying “Okay let’s try. Let’s be friends.”

That day Sungmin was Kyuhyun’s only. They played together, talked together and ate together, much to Kyuhyun’s mom’s delight. They walked together while going home and started talking to one another before sleeping.

END OF FLASHBACK

“Kyuhyun-sshi, why are you laughing?”

Kyuhyun looked on the source of the noise. “You want to be my friend right?”

Ryeowook eagerly nodded. “Of course! I would want to!”

Kyuhyun showed his signature smirk. Ryeowook wasn’t feeling any good thing about that but managed to maintain her composure anyway. “Okay. But after you pass the initiation.”

Ryeowook’s eyes grew wider. “I-i-initation?”

Kyuhyun nodded while eyeing the now trembling girl in front of him. “Why? You won’t do it? Okay then, let’s not talk to one anoth—“

“No. I’ll do it!”

Kyuhyun smiled at Ryeowook. He was about to say something but their teacher suddenly appeared. He managed to say it though, with him leaning closer to Ryeowook’s ears and whispering “Let the game begin!”

 

 

 

 

So I managed to update today too! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ My bias is here! :)) Of course he'll be here, he's my bias after all. xD What do you think Kyu will ask Wookie to do? I still don't know yet, lemme know what you think! Maybe I'll put that up on the next chapter. Maybe my next update will be next week. I'll try tomorrow though, but I don't promise. To my 14 subscribers, thank youuuu!! I know I make the lamest updates of all but you still subscribed. Aaah, thank you. For the commenters(?) thank you for commenting! You give me energy to continue this fic. ^~^