SEVEN

[chaptered] Wonders

 

SEVEN

 

 

Kyuhyun was more than excited to go to school today. It’s strange seeing him walking giddily towards the school after Sungmin left but he didn’t care at all. This will be fun. While he walked he thought of the things he’d ask Ryeowook to do.

What if I ask her to dance in the quadrangle?

What if I bully her?

What if I ask her to dress as a boy?

Kyuhyun thought his ideas were lame. Yes they are. He tried to think of any other options but he always ended up cursing his limited imagination. His deep thinking was cut off when he saw the school gate. “Whatever, as long as it’s hard for her then it’s okay.”

Kyuhyun scanned the classroom as soon as he arrived and it seemed like luck was on his side for his target wasn’t still there. He went to his locker at the back of the room and picked something up. He might be real childish, but we can’t do anything about it anymore. He then sat on his seat and poured something on Ryeowook’s seat. He was grinning stupidly that he didn’t notice Ryeowook until…

“OHMYGODWHATISTHIS?!”

Ryeowook glared at her seatmate for she knew that he is the one and only culprit. Her skirt was drenched with something sticky and when she smelled it, Kyuhyun did not only pour water on her seat.

“The fudge is wrong with you? It’s so sticky and… AAAAAHHHHHH!!”

The girl started wailing like a little child while trying to clean her skirt. Kyuhyun just stared at her with a smirk on his face. Seeing Ryeowook trying so hard made him happy and he wanted to piss the poor girl some more so he started mumbling things that he was sure would make Ryeowook growl. “You can’t possible clean that in that way, can you?”

“Why don’t you grow up? Putting some glue on your seatmate’s chair, are you a grade schooler Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun wore a shocked face. He covered his mouth with his hand and acted like he was all innocent. “Oh! I don’t know you have the hobby to accuse someone Ryeowook!

Ryeowook glared again to the acting-so-innocent Kyuhyun for a moment before Haeri approached the two of them.

“Ryeowook-sshi, can you accompany me—oh gosh what was that?” Haeri exclaimed while she pointed on the stain on Ryeowook’s skirt. “Do you have extra uniform Ryeowook-sshi?”

Ryeowook shook her head and looked down. “I guess I need to skip the first two classes and go home. I am still new so I don’t have a lot of uniforms but I think I can wear Minnie-oppa’s for now.”

Kyuhyun smirked once more after hearing Sungmin’s nickname. If she’s going to use Sungmin’s uniform, then she’d dress as a boy isn’t she? Thinking that his plan succeeded, he let out a faint “oh yeah!” sound before looking back at the two girls. He was too accompanied by his own little world that he hadn’t notice Haeri going to her locker and much to his surprise, Haeri offered her PE uniform to Ryeowook. He was mentally cursing Haeri when Ryeowook declined to the girl’s offer.

“No need Haeri-sshi! I will just go home and—“

“Sungmin-sshi asked me to take good care of you, so please, wear that. I’ll explain everything to our homeroom teacher so he won’t be angry that you’re not in uniform. And besides, I was just about to ask you if you can accompany me to the cafeteria coz I’m hungry. Guess I’ll be accompanying you to the girls’ CR first.”

Ryeowook surrendered and accepted the girl’s offer. She nodded before standing up and letting Haeri drag her to the CR. Before fully going out to the room, she faced Kyuhyun first and made a funny face and then she disappeared.

Kyuhyun chose to take a nap after changing Ryeowook’s chair well because he suddenly felt guilty and was disturbed when he heard a lot of buzzes coming from bees, oh he meant, from his classmates.

“Woah, I want to touch those milky-white arms of hers.”

“ert, go to hell you idiot.”

“I envy her hair. Why is it so long and straight and ugh—it’s so hard to be a girl within a body like this!”

“I still have the longest legs here. And I am perfect.”

Kyuhyun decided to just look at the source of all the turmoil inside the classroom and he thought he saw the Goddess that was Ryeowook. The last time he felt that was when Sungmin entered the classroom as a girl when they were in preschool. Ryeowook’s long, black, silky-straight hair was ponytailed showing the inviting skin of her neck. For a while, Kyuhyun thought that he’s acting like a ert but who cares, he’s the only one who knows his mind. He continued scanning Ryeowook, from her cute, shy face to her healthy chest to her slim waist and to her short but milky white legs. Kyuhyun thought he was about to drool, thanks to Haeri speaking so loud that it woke him up from his daydreaming.

“Stop staring at Ryeowook you erts!” Haeri yelled at the group of boys that was obviously swooning over Ryeowook.

Ryeowook just had her head bowed down low and the tint shade of red on her cheeks explained how embarrassed she was currently feeling. She also kept on playing with her fingers until she reached her seat. Before seating, she checked if the chair had some glue on it again and looked suspiciously at Kyuhyun, who in turn was looking at her while shaking his head. Ryeowook already learned her lesson, and she couldn’t afford having her back part wet with glue again, first she was wearing Haeri’s uniform and second, she was on awkwardly short shorts. Why do schools here in this place have this kind of PE uniform for the girls? Why not jogging pants?

When Kyuhyun was sure that Ryeowook was already calm, he started teasing the girl again. “Oh, so you’re really Sungmin’s cousin eh? Do short legs a distinctive characteristic of the family?”

“YA! I know I got short legs but… ugh, nevermind. I’m going to tell all of these to Sungmin-oppa you--!”

“And do you think he can stop me from doing these to you?”

Ryeowook looked down and chose not to speak anymore. Kyuhyun released an aura that says you-won’t-win-stop-that-okay-you’ll-just-get-tired-HAHAHA. Ryeowook continued fiddling her fingers and jolted up when she felt Kyuhyun hot breath on her right ear. “Ya, stop that. Please. It’s uncomfortable.”

“Then you should’ve thought of not making your hair like that. You know, you’re not a normal girl.”

Ryeowook refused to look at Kyuhyun but her head seemed like it wasn’t listening to her mind anymore. When she finally faced Kyuhyun, she saw that there was a smirk painted on his face. He was obviously teasing her. But the space between their faces was not a joke. They were so close that their noses were almost touching. She tried putting some more space between them but Kyuhyun held her cheeks.

“You really are pretty up close. But not my type. I’m just making it hard for you. Now tell me, do you still want to be my friend, Kim Ryeowook?” Kyuhyun whispered while caressing the girl’s cheek. She was trembling hard but he did not care. Not a single word spoken was a lie. And besides, he was in love with this girl’s cousin, so being attracted to her was impossible. He saw that the girl blinked a million times before swallowing an invisible lump on . He was shocked when the girl leaned on his hand and lifted her own hand to caress his too. The girl looked straight into his eyes like she was going to leave Kyuhyun on a labyrinth after the intense eye-to-eye contact and she smiled dearly. Kyuhyun suddenly stiffened and the smirk on his face disappeared.

“You’re the one who said it Kyuhyun-sshi, I am not a normal girl, and giving up wasn’t on my vocabulary. Understand?”

This time it’s Kyuhyun who swallowed hard and he felt like his hands were the ones trembling now. How come this girl made him feel something like this? It was like, the first time ever. When the girl’s hand left his hand and she started pushing him far away, Kyuhyun tried to regain his balance.

What had just happened?

The entire morning was spent quietly but even so, Kyuhyun was really bothered. He did that to push the girl away. He didn’t know what’s wrong with him either. He didn’t want any other friends except Sungmin. For the past years his world literally revolved around his studies, laptop, parents and Sungmin. But the girl really had no plan of giving up. He saw it on the girl’s eyes. They’re strong-willed yet sincere. Just like Sungmin’s eyes. Wouldn’t it also unfair when Ryeowook was the one here and he’s thinking about his bestfriend?

Kyuhyun jerked when he felt something poking her left cheek. He looked to his left and obviously, it was Ryeowook who was poking him. “What do you need?”

“It’s lunch time already. You seemed like you’re travelling real far a while ago. Don’t you want to eat? Let’s eat!”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes like a does before shaking his head. “Nah, I’ll eat here. You go, I don’t want to eat with you and—“

“Ryeowook-sshi! Let’s eat!” Haeri shouted from her seat.

“Speaking of the devil.”

“What Kyuhyun-sshi, what’s wrong with you. Haeri-sshi is so kind and… and… youarethedevilherebye!” Ryeowook dashed out of her seat after she said that one phrase to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, just chuckled. Who is the childish one now?

Kyuhyun couldn’t help but remember what Ryeowook said. Ryeowook who was so new knew that Haeri is so kind. Haeri is so cute. Haeri… is everything that Sungmin wants in a girl. Maybe that was why he did not take Kyuhyun’s confession seriously. He was just a jealous friend who despises his bestfriend’s girlfriend. He didn’t even bother in asking Sungmin if he and Haeri were going out officially already. What’s more to ask? He was indirectly dumped by his bestfriend and that’d be the only reason behind it. I think I really need to grow up now.

After lunch were History, Nihongo and Math. Kyuhyun just slept the entire afternoon because History and Nihongo weren’t really his forte. No matter how concentrated he was in listening, he’ll just end up the same anyway. He’ll become dizzy and will doze off. Inasmuch as how he hated the first two subjects, he was exceptional in Math. The entire school knows it that they let Kyuhyun sleep on Math classes because he tend to ask hard questions on the professors in which he knew very well how to answer. What was easy for him was hard for his classmates and surprisingly, his professors too. Ryeowook, on the other hand, was enthusiastic on the first two subjects. She seemed interested in the storytelling their professor was doing on History that her eyes were shining while listening. She kept on reciting in Nihongo that their professor praised her because she’s so smart. However, her momentum decreased when the Math class started. Kyuhyun heard her sighed a lot of times while trying to solve the s in front of her. He even heard her say “I’m trying to love you Math, but why? Don’t you want to love me too.” He secretly smiled upon hearing that and like how a light bulb lights when a brilliant idea suddenly popped out, Kyuhyun knew now what he want Ryeowook to do. He couldn’t be luckier for the professor really did what he was thinking.

When Ryeowook was about to stand up, Kyuhyun gave his Math book to her.

“What was this? I have my own Math book Kyuhyun-sshi. I don’t need—“

“Do my homework too.”

“What?”

“Do my homework too.”

“But, Kyuhyun-sshi, how about doing your English homework instead? I’m the dumbest of all dumb in Math and what if my answers are wrong? I can’t, please.”

“No, you do that. Part of the initiation. And—go to school early tomorrow, I’m going to check the answers. And I won’t tell you if your answers are right or wrong. If they are indeed wrong, I’ll change my answers.”

“That’s not fair! You know I am…” and Kyuhyun just shrugged off. He started walking away from the nagging Ryeowook with a stupid smirk on his face. “Wait, Kyuhyun-sshi!!”

 He lifted his hand and did the infamous Siwon gesture before dashing out of the room leaving a miserable Ryeowook inside.

 

 

 

---

And apparently, this fic is still alive. WOAAAHHH!! Summer vacation already started so here I am again. Hope you're still there. T^T Sorry if this update's too late HUHUHU. I love you! ^-^

PS: Thanks yuesan for pinpointing my mistake! I already changed it. :)