FOUR

[chaptered] Wonders

 

Kyuhyun managed to stand after kneeling for almost two hours. He stumbled while walking, sometimes tripping; he kneeled for two freaking hours for God’s sake. If he didn’t stand up and if he didn’t need to walk he will never know that he is punishing his knees too much, for all he cared was Sungmin, on how he will talk to the pretty man again, on how he will bring things back to normal. “I should have not said that. I am the most stupid person ever. If I had not loved him then I still have him by now. I lose my only friend; I lose the one I love. I’m going crazy!”

He left the school blaming himself. He wandered around the city for the entire afternoon. It was almost sunset when he decided to go home and just leave everything for a while. “Maybe I can think straight when I get some rest right?” He walked and walked without really caring about the people he was bumping into, some even scolded him for being so careless and clumsy, some gave him weird looks because he is literally limping on his way home, for his knees were probably broken, and some, just like him, ignored even if they were bumped by him. He could care less about other people but one. He noticed that he is already on the street where his and Sungmin’s house are located. Slowly, he walked tiptoeing, as much as possible not making any sounds, for he is afraid that Sungmin might hear, and he is not ready to face the said man yet. Much to his dismay, as soon as he was standing in front of Sungmin’s house’s gate, Sungmin went out carrying two plastic bags of trash. Kyuhyun froze. So as the smaller one. Nothing can be heard except the wind and the leaves that touch it. Awkward, Kyuhyun thought. Inasmuch as he wants to say something his throat can’t make any sound. He can’t do anything but to look at the smaller man’s face. He waited for Sungmin to look at him, he waited and waited, but nothing happened. They stood there for 10 good minutes and were awakened by Sungmin’s mom’s voice.

“Min-ah, can you help me cut these pumpkins here? I need to do something.”

Upon hearing his mom’s voice, Sungmin immediately placed the plastic bags down and was about to enter the gate again when Kyuhyun held his wrist.

“Wait.” Kyuhyun said. Instead of saying something, Sungmin just held Kyuhyun’s hand by his free hand and shoved it away lightly, shook his head from left to right, and ran towards the gate of the house, again, leaving Kyuhyun dumbfounded outside. “Maybe today is not really the right time.”

 

---

 

It was almost bedtime, but Kyuhyun cannot sleep. He stood up from his bed and headed towards his terrace. “Sungmin’s light’s already closed.” He uttered to himself while looking at the silhouette of Sungmin’s curtains. “Glad that he was able to sleep after what I did.”

Kyuhyun stayed at his terrace looking at Sungmin’s window for quite some time. It was already 11pm, but he was still not sleepy, which made him more irritated. He harshly rubbed the back of his head and slapped himself, light enough so that he won’t bother anyone, especially the sleeping Sungmin. After he is satisfied in hurting and cursing himself, he gave up and went back to his bed. He was able to rest himself after staring at the ceiling for who knows how long.

 

---

 

“CHO KYUHYUN! WAKE UP! YOU ARE FREAKING LATE FOR SCHOOL! ARRRGGHHH!!” Ahra, Kyuhyun’s sister, yelled for the millionth time.

“Noona, I’m so sorry, I can’t come to school today. Please leave me alone. I don’t feel well!” Kyuhyun sleepily said to his burning sister, afterwards pulling the blanket closer to him, burying his face under it.

“UGH! I GIVE UP. DON’T STUDY IF YOU DON’T WANT. YOU WAIT FOR DADDY! YOU’LL GET WHAT YOU WANT!” Ahra exclaimed.

“Kill me if you want noona, but please let me sleep more.” Kyuhyun begged.

And so Ahra left his lovely brother lying on his bed and walked out of the room banging the door, almost breaking the door frame.

Kyuhyun, on the other hand, slept, he really needs that he thought. He slept the entire day, he locked himself inside his cave and he ignored his continuously beeping cellphone too. He really spent the whole day alone. This went on for almost a week, except that from the second day he goes out of his cage when he wants to eat. His time isn’t yet to come he said, so he needed to recharge his batteries if it can’t do its tasks anymore. He didn’t go to school for he is not yet ready to face Sungmin yet. But when will he be ready to face his bestfriend?

Saturday evening, while Kyuhyun was lying on his bed, he heard something hit the terrace. He hesitated to stand up since he wasn’t really ready to face Sungmin yet. He heard the same sound three times. Then it went silent again, so silent that it almost deafened him. After 30 minutes of thinking on whether he will go check it out or just ignore it, he stood up and headed to the terrace immediately. Upon looking at the ground he saw four pink pebbles. “So it was really Sungmin.”

Sunday evening, Kyuhyun was sitting in front of his study table and noticed something. The water bottle. He studied it and thought of the ways on how to use the bottle. “I can wish if I use this right? Maybe I can wish for Sungmin’s love?” he mumbled while playing with the water bottle. “But how can I use this? Or maybe I should wish for Sungmin to be a girl!” he exclaimed.”But that would be selfish, how about a girl like Sungmin?” he stated, quite contented with his idea. “How to use this?! Should I drink this? OH HOW THE WILL I USE YOU?” Kyuhyun yelled, frustration can be seen all over his face. After 100 years of silence, Kyuhyun retreated and just jumped to his bed. He buried his face on a pillow and said, “Am I so desperate? I believed that? Oh my God. I should have moved on by now. CHO KYUHYUN!” and buried his face deeper.

Monday morning, Kyuhyun finally decided to go back to school. He asked his mother to write an excuse letter so that the whole week of absence won’t at least affect his attendance. Because his mother is a very caring and considerate one, she obliged. Before he proceeded to his room, he visited the guidance office first and showed the excuse letter. The guidance councillor also interviewed him a bit.

“So you have been sick Mr. Cho. Your classmates are really worried about you.” The guidance councillor said.

How can they be worried about me? I only have a single friend here who knows my existence.” Kyuhyun whispered, soft enough for the councillor not to hear.

“What’s that Mr. Cho?”

“Nothing Ma’am.”

“Oh well, I asked Mr. Lee Sungmin to contact you but he said you are not picking up the phone. I guess your sickness is too severe that you can’t even have a hold on your phone.”

Kyuhyun, shocked to know that Sungmin had been contacting him, just nodded to give the councillor an answer. He didn’t know what to say anyway. He just looked at the councillor signing up his excuse letter. After that he got his excuse letter again and left the room after bowing to the councillor.

While he was walking to the room, he was thinking of something to say to Sungmin. Will the latter wave at him like he used to? Will he ignore him? When he entered the room, he looked at Sungmin’s usual spot. He was not there. Haeri was alone. He scanned the entire place but he didn’t see any traces of Sungmin. He panicked a little when he didn’t see Sungmin so he approached Haeri instead. He is sure that she knows where Sungmin is at the moment. Maybe he is in the comfort room he thought.

As Kyuhyun reached Haeri’s seat, he was greeted by the small girl’s oh-so-sweet smile. After that she asked, “Hello Kyuhyun-sshi, what do you need?”

“Ugh, where is Sungmin?” Kyuhyun asked.

Haeri raised an eyebrow and opened into an O before answering, “I thought you knew. Didn’t he call you to tell that he is chosen as the student who will go in Japan?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes grew to its biggest possible size upon hearing Haeri’s answer. He can’t think of anything to answer the girl since he really didn’t know if Sungmin called or not. He reached for his pockets to check for his phone. Great! He left it at home.

Haeri, upon seeing Kyuhyun’s reaction to her question, assumed that Kyuhyun didn’t know, thus saying “So you don’t know Kyuhyun-sshi? But I am pretty sure that he called you. You should check your phone later. He left yesterday. I think by now he has arrived in Japan already. Check your computer too. Maybe he direct messaged you or something. Don’t worry, Sungmin’s clever, he will be fine!”

“A-ahh, yeah. Thank you.” And with that Kyuhyun headed towards his seat at the backmost part of the room. Kyuhyun digested every word that Haeri said. Sungmin left. He left without telling him. Wait, last Saturday night he was throwing pebbles to my terrace.  Then it hit him, Sungmin was trying to say goodbye, but Kyuhyun was too stubborn that he ignored it. He kept on thinking on how to contact Sungmin, should he call him? “How will I call him now if I left my goddamn cellphone at home?” He whispered to himself. He was so deep in his own thoughts that he didn’t notice his professor arrive. The messy classroom turned into a perfect place for learning once the professor entered the classroom. The professor examined the entire room. Upon noticing that some of his students aren’t on themselves yet he hit the table with the book he is carrying, thus waking up all the souls inside the room including Kyuhyun, glaring at the professor for disturbing his meditation.

“Okay class, we have a new student. Please be good to her.” Mr. Choi said and then gave a signal to the new student to come inside.

No one was actually interested about the new student, not after she entered the classroom. The boys' jaw literally dropped, well, except Kyuhyun.

“Introduce yourself Miss Kim.” Mr. Choi ordered.

The new student looked around the room first and fixed her gaze towards the boy sitting at the backmost part of the room, which is non-other than Kyuhyun, before introducing herself. “Good morning everyone, I’m Kim Ryeowook, I came from Seoul. Nice to meet you.”

After she introduced herself the entire room became a beehive. Buzzes can be heard anywhere except the backmost part of the room.

“She’s really pretty!”

“Oh my God, finally there is a girl in this classroom!”

“Am I dead? Why am I seeing a Goddess?”

“So Miss Kim where do you want to sit?” Mr. Choi asked.

“Anywhere Sir.” The new student answered.

So the professor looked for a vacant seat and found out that there were only two left, one with Haeri and one with Kyuhyun.

“You sit together with Miss Lee Haeri there Miss Kim.” Mr. Choi said while pointing to the vacant seat beside Haeri.

Ryeowook was about to walk when Haeri stood up saying “But Sir, this is Mr. Lee Sungmin’s seat. Is it okay if she will sit here first? I mean I’m okay with it but how about Sungmin?”

“Oh! Yeah. Sorry about that, then Miss Kim, is it okay for you to sit at the back?” Mr. Choi asked.

Ryeowook nodded in response.

“Then go sit there with Mr. Cho Kyuhyun at the back.”

 

 

 

I updated again! Well the first day of summer class wasn't that hectic and busy so I came up with this. RYEOWOOK'S HERE ALREADY! *Am I the only one who's excited about this?* Well, thanks to my 10 subscribers. I love you guize. To silent readers, I need your comments~ are you happy, sad, angry, do you want to kill me already? Tell it everything there on the comment box. Hope you like this chapter, sorry for the wrong spellings, the wrong grammar, sorry. Thank you for reading and I'll love you more if you comment! ^-^