THREE

[chaptered] Wonders

 

It’s been a week since Sungmin started going out with Haeri. Sungmin looks happy, so as Haeri, but Kyuhyun, he is not. He comes home alone now because Sungmin walks Haeri to her house. Sungmin seldom disturbs him every night too. He longs for his best friend’s affection, so one night he decided to bother Sungmin by throwing a piece of paper onto Sungmin’s window. After waiting for 5 seconds, which seemed like an eternity to Kyuhyun, Sungmin opened the curtain, then the window.

“Ya Cho Kyuhyun, this is not a garbage can!” Sungmin teased.

“Yeah.”

“Oh! Why? What do you need?” Sungmin asked.

“Ah! The Math homework, are you done?”

“Yes. Haeri taught me.” Sungmin said and smiled.

“Oh. So I guess I need to come over there.”

“Why?”

“Nihongo. We have homework there right. Well, I don’t know what to do.” Thank God we have homework in Nihongo, or I wouldn’t know what reason to give Min.

“Aah!! Okay come here! I’ll wait.”

And so Kyuhyun dashed out of his room then out of his house. In a minute he’s already standing in front of Sungmin’s house. Before knocking he picked something up. He knocked and Sungmin’s mom opened the door. She told Kyuhyun to just go upstairs so he did. He knocked and was welcomed by Sungmin’s oh so wide smile. Because of too much cuteness Kyuhyun pinched Sungmin’s cheeks.

“Aaaaaah!! Kyu it hurts!” Sungmin whined.

“Sorry! It’s just, I can’t handle your cuteness. And I missed you.” Kyuhyun said, intentionally whispering the last part of it for Sungmin not to hear.

“I know I’m cute! And what?”

“Nothing. Can I come in? I think you’ve hide everything that you need to hide and I think all the garbages are outside that room now right? I’ll welcome myself then.” And Kyuhyun entered Sungmin’s room. He isn’t shocked that Sungmin’s room’s very pink. The guy loves pink more than he loves himself. That was an exaggeration of course, but the room literally is color pink, except the color of the light the lampshade and the light bulb emit.

“Let’s start doing the homework now Kyu! Where’s your notebook? I still don’t have the answers too. Let’s answer it together shall we?”

“Come on!”

And so they began answering the question. Sungmin is eagerly teaching Kyuhyun about how a certain Kanji character was written. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, does not really listen to what Sungmin is teaching. He is thinking about something. When he is so deep into his own thoughts Sungmin started yelling, obviously losing his patience.

“YA CHO KYUHYUN! YOU ARE NOT LISTENING!”

“Ugh, oh, I’m sorry! So where are we?” Kyuhyun asked as he snapped back to reality.

“WHERE ARE WE YOUR FACE! What’s your problem? Is there anything wrong?” Sungmin asked, worry evident on his lovely face.

“Ugh, nothing. Really! Let’s continue shall we? So where are we now?”

“Kyu-ah, if there is something wrong don’t hesitate to ask for my help okay? I’m not your bestfriend for nothing!” Sungmin exclaimed and he lifted the pen again and started demonstrating Kyuhyun on how things were done. The Kanji characters they were reviewing weren’t really hard. Dog, water, mountain, tree, mainly the basics.

“These are really easy Sungmin! Thank you!!” Kyuhyun said as they finished doing the homework. He immediately grabbed his backpack to fix his things.

“Yep. Of course these are easy. And you easily learned it cause you have an excellent mentor like me!” Sungmin arrogantly said. “Aah Kyu, I’ll teach you another one! I learned this one yesterday.”

Upon hearing that Kyuhyun stopped fixing his bag and averted his gaze on Sungmin. “What is that?”

“Do you know the Kanji character for love?” Sungmin asked.

“I don’t know.”

“Here it is.” Sungmin answered as he writes the character on Kyuhyun’s notebook. “Easy isn’t it?”

“How can something like that be easy? Too many lines!” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

“Aah~ but I learned this right away when Haeri thought me! You know, she is really good in Japanese characters since she lived in Japan for a year!” Sungmin said, not noticing the sudden frown Kyuhyun made after hearing Haeri’s name.

“You really seemed to like that Haeri girl, don’t you?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Ah~ uhm, actually Kyu, we are still in the stage of getting to know each other. We aren’t dating! Believe me. She said it’s okay if we are going to be friends first.” Sungmin shyly confessed.

“You aren’t dating? But why are you sending her home?” Kyuhyun teased. He sounded like teasing but deep inside he is not. At least he is sure that he is jealous.

“Ah, a boy normally sends a girl home right? And Haeri’s house isn’t that far from the school so it is not really bothering.”

“A-ahh. I see.” Kyuhyun said and lightly grabbed his notebook and fixed his bag. “I’m going now Min. Sweet dreams! And thank you!”

“Oh, not a big deal. See you tomorrow!”

As Kyuhyun reached his house, he immediately went to his room and pulled out the crumpled paper he threw in Sungmin’s window and picked outside the latter’s house. “When will I be able to reach you?”

 

---

 

The next day, Kyuhyun entered the classroom with the sight of Sungmin and Haeri happily chatting together. As soon as Sungmin noticed Kyuhyun he waved at him. Kyuhyun waved back and sat on his seat right away. “Not a good sight for the morning isn’t it? Ugh~ you should be used to it Kyuhyun.” He mumbled to himself.

 

---

 

Hours. Days. Weeks. 1 month. It’s been a month since the last time he and Sungmin walked together after school. Kyuhyun’s doing well for a month. Doing well? Hell no. “What the freak Sungmin! You and Haeri aren’t dating? Are you sure? You already forgot that there is a Cho Kyuhyun here!” Kyuhyun angrily said to himself while walking towards their classroom. It is so early yet his mood is already ruined. It is always like that since the first day Sungmin and Haeri had been so attached to each other. He is already used to it, used to being in a bad mood all day. But today is different. He cannot hold it any longer. He should talk to Sungmin already. But what will he say? He still doesn’t know, but for now, it’s important to schedule an appointment with Sungmin, since he is so busy nowadays. As always, Kyuhyun entered the room with an annoyed face as he saw Haeri and his bestfriend talking to each other. Sungmin waved at him as soon as he saw him entering the room. Kyuhyun didn’t wave back like he used to, instead he marched towards Sungmin’s place and grabbed the smaller man’s wrist. “Can I borrow him for a moment Haeri-sshi?”

“Oh, okay.” Haeri answered. As soon as Kyuhyun heard Haeri’s approval, he walked a bit fast while still holding Sungmin’s wrist.

“Ah Cho Kyuhyun what is your problem?” Sungmin asked.

Instead of answering, Kyuhyun dragged him more as he tightened his grip on Sungmin’s wrist, making the latter wince in pain. As soon as they reached the school garden Kyuhyun released Sungmin’s wrist which is already almost purple. Sungmin caressed his wrist in order to lessen the pain.

“Look at what you did Kyu! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?” Sungmin shouted.

Kyuhyun, upon looking on Sungmin’s purple wrist, fall on his own knees. “Sorry. I’m sorry.”

“Ya! Stand up. I’m not angry. Oh gosh Kyuhyun you’re weird! Stand up!” Sungmin said while pulling the taller man up. “I’m okay, this won’t kill me. Why are you like this?”

“Sorry. I’m really sorry.” Kyuhyun continued chanting the words like it’s some sort of a mantra.

“Cho Kyuhyun! I’m okay! It’s annoying me already. Tell me, what’s your problem?” Sungmin asked, kneeling in front of Kyuhyun, since he is too weak to help the man to stand up.

“My problem?” Kyuhyun asked as he lifted his face to look at Sungmin’s foxy eyes. “You don’t know what my problem is?”

Sungmin tilted his face. It’s the first time he saw his bestfriend like this. He looks so depressed. So desperate. “I don’t know, that’s why I asked you Kyu.” He asked calmly.

“You.” Kyuhyun answered.

“Me? What’s with me?”

“What’s with you? YOU ARE MY PROBLEM SUNGMIN!” Kyuhyun explained.

“Why me? What’s wrong with me Kyu?” Sungmin asked, extremely puzzled about Kyuhyun’s answer.

“I miss you so badly I don’t know what to do anymore. It hurts me when I see you together with Haeri, laughing together, eating together, walking home together, tell me Sungmin, are you getting tired of me?”

“What are you saying Kyu. Of course not. I was just—“

“I LOVE YOU SUNGMIN! ISN’T IT OBVIOUS? DON’T YOU GET IT?” Kyuhyun confessed. After realizing what he said, he covered his mouth with his hands. Good job Kyuhyun, now you will say goodbye to your bestfriend eternally. Good job. He thought.

“You, what? Love me? STOP JOKING KYUHYUN!” Sungmin said, he is shocked but he managed to let out a small laugh. A fake laugh. After that he asked Kyuhyun once again. “Now tell me, what’s your problem?”

“Do I look like I am joking? Great. So I am really joking. You treated that as a joke? I put my everything away for that confession Sungmin. My pride, our friendship, everything! You know how much I value that pride! You know how much I value our friendship. You know how—“ Kyuhyun failed to continue anymore. His tears are overpowering him. Sungmin treated that as a joke. He was hurt more than enough. He knows he’s already dumped. “I’m sorry for ruining this friendship Min. Sorry.”

Sungmin, on the other hand, remained standing there. He saw how much pain Kyuhyun received. He can’t do anything. He can’t love Kyuhyun. They are both men for God’s sake. What will the other people say? What will his parents say? They did not work day and night just to raise a gay child. Hell no. “We should go back to class now Kyu. Or you better go home, you are a mess right now. Sorry.” And with that Sungmin ran back to the school building leaving the broken Kyuhyun kneeling on the ground. 

 

 

 

Update. Ugh. Sorry for not updating often. You see, we've just ended 2nd semester last Friday and I need to go back to school tomorrow for the summer classes. T^T And I also thought of deleting this fic coz of writer's block. Too good I've had an outline and it somehow helped me in remembering what to do. I know this is a very bad chapter. Bare with me okay? This is my first ever chaptered fic. So, what do you think? I continued coz of the people who subscribed on this. THANK YOU! You made me happy!! o(^~^)o About Wookie, I think she will enter this fanfic on the next chapter. :)