ONE

[chaptered] Wonders

 

"Play with us!"

"You know I don't want to play that game and any other games that involve running Min."

"But Kyu, if you continue sulking there you won't find any other friends."

"I don't care, a friend is enough already. You go play with them now, I'll wait here."

"You're so stubborn Kyu. I don't know what to do anymore. Okay, I'll play with them now. Call me if you want to go home already."

And so Kyuhyun continued his game on his PSP, his 2nd best friend after Sungmin. Or maybe the 3rd, since his laptop is the 2nd. Well yeah, basically, Cho Kyuhyun, despite living in the world for 18 years, has only one human friend, and that is Sungmin. He doesn't know what's wrong with him too, but he just doesn't want to be friends with anybody. Like what he'd said, Sungmin's enough for him.

After playing football with his other friends, Sungmin accompanied Kyuhyun in going home. It has been a habit since they have started going to school. They have been friends since they’re 5, well because their parents are high school friends too. And it had been hard on Sungmin to be Kyuhyun’s friend too.

“Seriously Kyu, am I really enough for you? Why don’t you try meddling with others too? They won’t hurt you, you know!” Sungmin said all of a sudden.

“They should put some effort too. It has been hard for you to befriend me right? Don’t help them. If they want to be my friend, they should do anything whatever it takes!” Kyuhyun answered.

“You’re so demanding Kyu, you’ll die having only me by your side.” Sungmin whined.

“I’d love to.”

“Huh?”

“I mean it’s okay. At least I have even a single friend right?” Kyuhyun explained.

After that small talk, Kyuhyun can’t help but think what Sungmin did just to be his friend.

5 year old super hyper Sungmin was playing with the other kids when his teacher called him.

“Sungmin-ah~ please invite Kyuhyun to play with you too. He’s been alone since he entered this room. He looks lonely right?” Mrs. Cho, Kyuhyun’s mother, and yes, their kindergarten teacher asked Sungmin.

“But Teacher Cho, we have asked him before we started playing. He even yelled at me! I’m very very very very scared of him.” Sungmin replied while playing with his fingers.

“Will you try asking him again? Please? I’ve talked to him already too.” Mrs. Cho insisted.

“Why me Teacher?” Sungmin asked as he pouted.

“Because it will be bad if you and my son won’t be friends. You see, your mom is my bestfriend, which means we’ll see each other more often. Maybe almost everyday, and I know it will be very awkward if our sons won’t talk to one another right? And besides, you’re so cute! Kyuhyun will regret if he realizes that one day he missed the chance of having the cutest friend on Earth. He’ll be sad, his life will be miserable if he won’t be your friend.” Mrs. Cho explained, she’s dead worried about her son’s attitude that’s why instead of saying something good to explain everything to little Sungmin, she ended up threatening him.

“You’re scaring me Teacher!” Sungmin yelled. He’s starting to cry now.

“Sorry Sungmin, aaah~ sorry! What to do?” Mrs. Cho panicked.

“Waaaaaahhhhhhhh~ I don’t want Kyuhyun-shii to be sad Teacher, I’ll try my best to be his friend!”

Unknown to the two, the topic of their discussion heard everything, well, they’re way too loud. “Well let us see what you’ll do Sungmin-shii.” Kyuhyun mumbled to himself.

“Why are you smiling Kyu?” Sungmin asked as he noticed the taller man smiling like a 5 year old kid and he startled.

“Nothing. Ah! I want to go to that part of the forest where we usually played when we’re young!” Kyuhyun suggested with a big smile on his face.

“But Kyuhyun, that part of the forest’s currently closed right? They’re preserving something whatsoever there so we can’t go now. We’ll try some other time okay? And besides, it’s getting darker and darker already. We should go home now.” Sungmin said.

“Aww. I guess so, but I really want to go there now.” Kyuhyun insisted.

“Nah~ you go there if you want to. Too tired now, I want to lie to my bed as soon as possible.”

“Well, okay then, let’s go home now.” Kyuhyun answered.

And so the two continued walking to their houses which are just next to one another. As they arrived, Sungmin bid goodbye to Kyuhyun as he entered his house. Without Sungmin knowing, Kyuhyun really did not go inside his own house; instead he continued walking until he reached the said part of the forest.

“I really don’t know why I want to go here.” He mumbled to himself. He saw the wooden placard that says Do not enter. “Well this really is off-limits huh?” as Kyuhyun retreated he heard a strange sound. More like a sound of water flowing. “I don’t remember this part to have a river nor a stream. What’s that?” Due to his curiosity, he climbed the wooden gate and entered the forest. He continued walking while admiring the beauty of the said part of the forest. The sound of the flowing water became louder as he went deeper, and in no time, he saw the source of the said sound. “A lake? But I’m sure the water is flowing. And since when did this forest have a lake?” Kyuhyun, more puzzled as ever, decided to go closer the said lake. There he saw a sign saying This is the Miracle Water, anything you wish will be granted. Kyuhyun chuckled, “What is this? Who will believe this one?” after he uttered the last word of the question, the words on the sign disappeared. No, not disappear, but change. It now says This only applies to hopeless people. If you can see this, then you are one. “Oh my God. What are you? Who are you?” Kyuhyun was now scared. He just saw the words on the sign change. And after he asked, the sign changed again. Why don’t you try? But once you wished for it, you can’t take it back again. As soon as Kyuhyun read what’s written on the sign, a little bottle with the Miracle Water appeared right in front of him. “It won’t hurt if I try right?” and so Kyuhyun grabbed the water bottle and ran as fast as he could. He must be dreaming he thought. He’s just tired. Yes. He just needs to sleep. He’ll surely tell everything he saw to Sungmin tomorrow. As he was about to jump from the top of the wooden gate to the ground, he accidentally fell. “It hurts!” he yelled. It hurts, he felt it, so this is not a dream? What is happening? Kyuhyun immediately stood up and ran home. He was welcomed by a shocked Mrs. Cho when he entered the house.

“Why are you running? You’re panting hard Kyuhyun!” Mrs. Cho yelled.

“Umma, will you believe me if I say there’s a lake in the middle of that forest Sungmin and I used to visit?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Of course not. Or they’ve had it off-limits because they’re making an artificial lake right? Wait, you entered the off-limits part of the forest Cho Kyuhyun?!”

“Of course not! You see, I’m jogging and I heard a sound of flowing water inside.”

“Jogging at 6pm?” Kyuhyun’s mom asked.

“You heard it right. And maybe they’re doing an artificial lake inside the forest. Maybe?” Kyuhyun answered. “Maybe someone’s pulling a prank on me a while ago.”

“Prank? What prank?”

“Ahh~ nothing! I’m going upstairs now Umma, need to take a bath, I stink.” Kyuhyun said as he rushed upstairs.

As soon as he closed the door of his room, he took the water bottle out. “So this is just a part of the prank right?” He placed the water bottle and went straight to the bathroom.

After taking a bath and eating his dinner, Kyuhyun started to do his homeworks, but he can’t concentrate as he remembered what happened in the forest a while ago. As he was staring at the water bottle quietly, he heard something fall on the terrace of his room. Upon hearing this Kyuhyun smiled. He went straight to the terrace and faced the opposite side. Sungmin’s there. Sungmin’s room’s located on the opposite side of Kyuhyun’s room. It has been Sungmin’s habit to throw something on Kyuhyun’s room’s terrace if he can’t understand anything on their homework, if he’s bored or if he just want to tease Kyuhyun.

“What do you want this time?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I can’t understand the homework in Calculus. Help me?” Sungmin said while showing his ever so lovely puppy eyes.

“What part in there?”

“Ugh~ uhm. Actually, I haven’t done anything yet. I know I can’t do it!” Sungmin said then smiled sheepishly.

“You want me to come over?” Kyuhyun asked.

“No, no, no! I’ll come over! I’m the one asking you know. And besides, my room’s very dirty!” Sungmin exclaimed.

“I’ve seen every face of your room anyway. What’s new?” Kyuhyun teased.

“Nah--- Wait for me. I’ll be there!” Sungmin said and then he closed the curtain.

And so Sungmin’s now in Kyuhyun’s room. He sat in front of Kyuhyun’s study table. This is not a new scene from the both of them, since Sungmin’s not really good in Math, every time they have homework or an exam, he’ll come over to Kyuhyun’s house. Sungmin’s not stupid, he’s a language genius, so when Kyuhyun can’t understand anything regarding that matter, he’s the one going to Sungmin’s house.

“NAAAAAA! I still can’t understand this Kyu! I hate this!” Sungmin yelled.

“I guess you’re hungry already, aren’t you?” Kyuhyun asked.

“No, this is just really really hard. I’m not going to a math-related course in college so why are they doing this to me?” Sungmin whined.

“I’ll go get some cookies downstairs. Go whine all you want.” Kyuhyun teased.

“You’re a devil Kyuhyun.” Sungmin cursed.

“Milk or Choco?”

“Choco.”

“I knew it.”

And so Kyuhyun went downstairs to get some food. When he entered his room, his eyes widened as he saw Sungmin holding the miracle water bottle.

“Kyu-ah~ what’s this? It’s cute!”

 

 

 

 

This is a lame start. Okay. Sorry. ㅋㅋ