Page 30, Explanation

Enchanted - a story of us -
Myungsoo, Kim
 
I look at the man who Iseul just called Mr Park and then land my gaze on Iseul. None of us says a word until Mr Park chuckles, "What's with that face, Iseul? It's not like I just did a really big mistake."
 
"If it's me almost visit this hospital as a patient is not a big mistake, then I have no idea what is the definition of big mistake for you," Iseul replies calmly. "Can we talk?"
 
"We are talking right now, young lady," Mr Park answers and he shifts his gaze to Yonghwa. "I'm sorry for lying to you, Yonghwa. I really am but it's actually her father's request."
 
My jaw drops slightly at his statement. Perhaps he has figured out that Iseul would look after her but, still, I don't expect he would tell that kind of fact.
 
Iseul closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, "Why did you lie? Why didn't you tell me that you visit my mother frequently? Why didn't you tell me that you're fired from your office?"
 
Mr Park's smile vanishes and he mutters coldly, "So what if I told you? What could you do for me, Iseul? Nothing. Nothing that can help me at all."
 
"I saw you," I chirp in the conversation. "I saw you at the bookstore with Jang Dongho. I heard you talked about money with him."
 
Mr Park looks at me and laughs, "We have a stalker idol here! What a pleasant surprise!"
 
I feel heat creeps to my cheeks, feeling embarassed. I fake a cough and try to calm myself down, "W-Well, what's your explanation for that then?"
 
"Stop," Iseul gives me a quick glance. "I don't want to cause a ruckus here. Especially not in front of my mother's ward."
 
"I agree," Mr Park shrugs his shoulders and gives us a gesture to follow him. "Let's talk somewhere else."
 
We follow Mr Park until we arrive at the rooftop of the hospital. There are a man on wheel chair and his daughter, pushing his wheel chair. There is a woman who stands next to her boyfriend, looking at the sky.
 
There is another man with black coat with a cigarette on his left hand. His gray hat covers half of his face and looks like he is busy listening to his music player.
 
"You know Jang Dongho," Iseul strikes open the conversation without hesitation. "What kind of relation you have with him?"
 
"Let's just say we have we have mutualism symbiotic. You know, we're different but we help each other," Mr Park leans to the fence. "Just like the way you and Yonghwa help each other. One needs money, one needs comfort zone."
 
I don't understand what he is talking about. Perhaps because I still haven't heard the complete story about why Yonghwa and Iseul have a deal to be a fake couple.
 
Pushing aside the fact that both of them have feelings for each other, I'm more concerned about this Mr Park right now.
 
Who knows that this person is actually a psycho. Well, at least I read about story like that before.
 
"How did I know? You must want to ask me that question," he continues again since Iseul keeps silence. "I heard you two talked around a month ago, to keep the deal or so. You two just left the hospital and I was right behind you."
 
"Why did you tell Dongho about it?" Yonghwa is the one who reacts first. "Don't you know that Iseul does it for her mother?"
 
Mr Park looks amused somehow, "I know, I know. I'm actually doing the same here so, yeah, I know."
 
What?
 
 
Iseul, Song
 
I feel like my brain just freezes when Mr Park mentions about the mutualism relation he has with Jang Dongho. Not to mention he compares it with me and Yonghwa.
 
"Why did you tell Dongho about it?" Yonghwa snaps at him while I'm speechless at the moment. "Don't you know that Iseul does it for her mother?"
 
"I know, I know," Mr Park chuckles with amusement. "I'm actually doing the same here so, yeah, I know."
 
Another surprising statement from Mr Park. I finally blurt out all questions in my mind to him, "What do you mean? Do you think this is fun? I don't care about my reputation but you're staining both Yonghwa Oppa and Myungsoo's reputations."
 
"Mr Park, I respect you like my own family. I really do but I definitely can't tolerate if you invade my private life," I end my sentence with serious tone.
 
I can see Yonghwa and Myungsoo look at me with wide eyes, surprised with my words. Mr Park, at the other side, still has a smile on his face.
 
"This side of you exactly looks like your father, Iseul," he nods randomly. "If only he is more considerate, your mother will be not at this state."
 
"Let me clear up some misunderstanding first. I am fired from my work six months ago. I met Jang Dongho around two months ago. That letter I gave to you is really from your father," he starts to explain. "Why did my office fire me? Because of your father."
 
I flinch a little at his words. Mr Park continues, "Your father's debt is really, really high and he doesn't pay it till this moment. How could I ask you to pay for it when your mother was just diagnosed with cancer?"
 
"I love your mother, Iseul. I want to protect her as man, unlike your father. I sold all of my assets to pay for your father's debt because, if I didn't do it, they would look for you in no time," Mr Park smiles bitterly. "Don't you understand, Iseul?"
 
A realization hits me hard. Now I know where this conversation is heading to.
 
"You sold the news about our deal to Jang Dongho...," Yonghwa murmurs vividly, "...to get money for Iseul's mother?"
 
Mr Park scoffs and looks at the sky, "I met him when your relationship was announced. I read a blog post that he would pay for someone who could give him a big news. I didn't have money to help her mother anymore. I don't have a choice."
 
I clench my fists tightly. I feel useless and annoyed at the same time. I thought I have done my best to help my mother but Mr Park actually did more than me...
 
...but why did he sacrifice my life?
 
"Still," Myungsoo defends me with sharp gaze. "Noona was in danger back then and I couldn't let her stay in that situation. You need to talk with Dongho and take back all the stupid false news."
 
"Is it false?" Mr Park glance at Myungsoo. "I followed Yonghwa until he met you two at the park that day. I took the picture and I could see that you're also in love with Iseul."
 
I blush and I want to stop him from blurting out everything but Myungsoo is faster than me, "So what if I'm serious?"
 
Myungsoo flashes me a smile and tucks his hands in his pockets, "I love Iseul."
 
"Myungsoo!" I pull his sleeve but he ignores me and continues to confess with a smirk.
 
"She can find her own happiness and no one can dictate where she must go. I am here for her but that doesn't mean she must choose me," he speaks with confidence. "It's enough if I can protect her smile."
 
"That's what I thought at the past about her mother," Mr Park replies with sad smile. "Now look what Kiseung has done. It should be me and everything would be alright."
 
That's it.
 
"Mr Park, no matter what you say, Song Kiseung is my father and no one can replace him. He may make a lot of mistakes but he is who my mother chose," I state firmly. "I'm sorry that my mother doesn't see you the way you see her but, please, stop underestimate my father."
 
Someone suddenly claps really loud, making four of us to turn and see the man with black coat and gray hat.
 
"That's my daughter," he takes off his hat and I feel like I just got a heart attack.
 
"Appa!"