Keep Running

Precious Moments

It was pretty safe to say that when the doctor had told Eunji to go easy on her ankle for the next few weeks, she had taken that advice and thrown it right out the window. But, then again, the universe hadn’t exactly made it possible for her to let her ankle rest.

She was sprinting down the sidewalk, dodging the people in her way and apologizing breathlessly to those she accidentally bumped into. Several people recognized her and shouted her name, and though it went against every fiber in her body, she forced herself to ignore them and keep pushing forward. Before this, her ankle had only felt slightly sore and was just a dull nuisance. She had been able to practice the dances for their year-end performances comfortably, but now, with this unexpected strenuous activity, the sharp pain had returned. She tried her best to ignore it and keep going.

She wasn’t with her members. They were off racing to Junwoo to make sure that he didn’t jump from the ledge. Eunji hadn’t gone with them and had told them that she would meet them there before sprinting off in the opposite direction. She hadn’t had time to explain where she was going, and they hadn’t had time to ask. So they had just held onto her words like a promise and separated from her.

“Jeong Eunji?” gasped someone on the sidewalk.

Eunji didn’t stop to get a good look at the person; they passed by like a blur as quickly as they had come. They called her name again, but she kept going.

She had somewhere to be. 


Author's Note: This was a pretty short chapter, so I decided to upload it at the same time as the other one. On another note, I miss Apink so much. Can they pls come back soon :(