Lying

You're My... Destiny?!

Chapter 7

                “Oh, you look so beautiful!” Hyoyeon’s grandmother gushed as she fawned over her granddaughter’s hair, make-up, dress, everything. “This is such an important day, I can’t believe it, my Hyoyeongie is getting married!” She anxiously paced about the room, Hyoyeon’s eyes following her the whole time, a grin on her face.

                “What I can’t believe is that we managed to put this wedding together in just 2 months,” Taeyeon commented as she helped the bride fix her veil. “Why did you want it so soon, anyways, Hyoyeon? Are you pregnant?” she joked.

                “No!” Hyoyeon objected. “I just, I just really love Henry, and want to be his wife,” she tried to reason. It may have started out as an untrue excuse, but as soon as the words came out of , Hyoyeon knew it was exactly how she felt. “I love him,” she repeated, in a softer voice. “I love him!” A smile grew on her face, and she faced a boggled Taeyeon excitedly. “That’s why I feel so funny around him, so nervous yet thrilled, so happy yet confused! Granny, I’m in love!”

                Hyoyeon’s grandmother burst into laughter as she said, “Well, duh. Isn’t that why you’re marrying Henry in the first place?” Taeyeon was also giggling.

                Hyoyeon caught herself before she almost revealed the original reason in her excitement. “Uh, yeah,” she chuckled nervously. “Because Henry’s amazing, and the best guy I could have ever found.”

                Meanwhile, Henry was with Yunho. “Are you sure you want to do this, buddy?” Yunho asked his friend. Henry looked extremely nervous.

                “What? Oh, yeah, of course!” Henry snapped out of his daze.

                “I don’t know, you seem kind of out of it. Are you second-guessing? You shouldn’t be. Hyo’s a great girl,” Yunho tried to assure the groom.

                “Of course Hyo’s a great girl, she’s the sweetest, happiest, most thoughtful girl I’ve ever known. She’s very considerate, fun, and comforting. I’m not second-guessing her, I’m lucky to be marrying Hyoyeon. I’m second guessing myself,” Henry blurted out in his frustration.

                Yunho stared. “But, why?” he questioned.

                Henry mumbled, “I don’t know.”

                His friend sighed and rolled his eyes. “Henry, if you love Hyoyeon, then you have nothing to worry about. You love her, right?”

                Yunho searched Henry’s face as he waited for an answer.

                Henry nervously looked anywhere but in Yunho’s eyes. Yunho could always tell when he was lying. After several seconds of fidgeting, Henry finally decided to tell Yunho the truth.

                “I don’t love her.”

                Yunho squinted as he inspected Henry’s pupils.

                “You’re lying,” he concluded.

                “What do you mean?” Henry asked confusedly.

                “I mean that you’re lying,” Yunho explained in an exasperated tone. When he saw that Henry still didn’t understand, he elaborated. “I’ve seen the way you two interact. There’s something special there. You always look at her differently, as if she were the only woman in the world. Whenever she smiles at you, you immediately brighten up. Don’t try and deny it, I’ve caught you multiple times. That one kiss we saw yesterday was hot as hell. And,” he jabbed his finger into Henry’s chest. “You’ve never been happier in your life than when you’re with her. I know this because I’m your best friend,” Yunho finished his speech.

                Henry thought about everything his friend said, and then his face cracked into a smile. He realized that everything Yunho had said was true. Henry no longer believed that he was marrying Hyoyeon because of a promise she had wanted to fulfill, but because he truly and honestly loved her.

                Dong Dong Dong! The church bell tolled 3 o’clock, the time for the start of the wedding. The groom and bride took their places and ceremony began.

====

A/N: Thanks for the support. I hope I manage to satisfy your expectations. So, the wedding day is here! Woo~! 4 more chapters until the end, :'(