Visiting

You're My... Destiny?!

A/N: The final chapter.. *sniff* it's sad to see this end. I want to thank you all for sticking with me on this journey, through the good times, and the bad (and believe me, there were a lot of bad times..). I feel I haven't written this fic the best way it could be, and I feel terrible about it. I hope you all accept what I have done, but if you don't, that's alright. Maybe tell me what I could have done better, and I will try to edit? Thanks to mira95 for being my first requester, and putting up with my delayed updates. Thanks to all who commented and subscribed, you guys are amazing. (This is beginning to sound like an award acceptance speech..) Hyoyeon and Henry were cute, Taeyeon and Yunho made me laugh, and granny was just sweet. I hope you all enjoyed the characters as much as I did. Sorry for the super long author's note, now go on and read!

====

Chapter 11

 

                “Appa! How much longer until we get there?” A small 4 year-old girl with beautiful brown eyes called out to her father as she twirled and pranced along the sidewalk. The sun was shining brightly in the blue sky.

                “Soon, Victoria, soon,” Henry, holding a bouquet, replied.

                “Victoria, do you even know where we’re going?” Hyoyeon asked the dancing child.

                “Um, no!” Victoria shook her head cutely, and continued jumping around.

                Henry chuckled and said, “We’ve come to see someone special. This person wrote a letter saying they would do anything to see you.”

                “Yea,” Hyoyeon stated. “And this person is very special to Mommy. Oh, we’re here.” She pointed at the black steel gate in front of them.

                The three entered the cemetery and found a gravestone.

                For a moment, all was quiet except for the sound of a gentle breeze blowing through the nearby trees.  Then Hyoyeon began to speak.

                “Granny, I know we’re a little late, but we’ve come to show you the grandchild you’ve always wanted to see.” She took the white lilies from her husband and handed them to Victoria, then nudged her daughter towards the great stone. Victoria tentatively walked up to the grave, then gently placed the flowers on the ground.

                “Hi great-granny,” Victoria started. “Mommy and daddy always say you gave up something special for me. I just want to say thank you, and I wish you were here with us, because Mommy said you were really cool and made yummy cookies.” As if on cue, her stomach growled.

                When the family was finished laughing, Henry piped up. “And thank you, granny, for teaching us that last, important lesson.”

                “Although you may not have been there to explain, your words were clear enough. I think you’d be happy with what we’ve accomplished,” Hyo  added, as she gestured towards Victoria, then herself and Henry.

                “I don’t think so,” Henry joked. He raised his voice and tried to impersonate Hyoyeon’s grandmother. “Just one?! I told you 5,” he said, a mock scowl on his face.

                Hyoyeon laughed at the familiar line, then said, “I think I’ve rubbed off on you, honey.”

                “Just a bit,” Henry replied. He went on to say his own message to the deceased elder. “You don’t have to worry, because I’m going to do my best no matter what, and I promise to take care of both my girls.” His wife and daughter clasped their hands together in approval.

                The wind grew stronger, and blew through Hyoyeon’s long dark locks. She closed her eyes and embraced the cool air.

                “Thanks, granny. I miss you,” She whispered softly, and remember all the moments she and her grandmother had shared together. Just then a warm hand slipped into her own, and her eyes snapped open. Hyoyeon turned her head to the left and saw the smiling face of Henry. She smiled back, took Victoria’s hand, and said, “Let’s go home now.”

                Then, holding tightly to her husband’s and her daughter’s hands, Hyoyeon walked back to her home, smiling and enjoying the life she now led with her husband and daughter, loving her family.

 

End.