The Power of Peer Pressure

You're My... Destiny?!

A/N: So this chapter is shorter than all of the other chapters, but that's because something BIG happens! (not really, but I couldn't think of how to stretch this out any further). *gasp!* did i just reveal that I post random filler chapters to take up space? Yes, yes I did. And nobody can stop me hahahaha! (evil laugh) Okay, well, also, I think before i may have said that this story would be 10 chapters, but I lied. It will now be at least 11 chapters, maybe 12! Okay, enjoy!

====

Chapter 6

             The rowdy bunch at the dining table clinked their silverware as they one-by-one finished their wedding rehearsal dinner meals.

             “I’d like to make a toast,” Yunho raised his glass as he stood at the corner of the long rectangular table, and stared pointedly at his best friend before continuing. “To the beautiful bride and the lucky groom to be. To their marriage that will be totally official by this time tomorrow. May they live a happy, prosperous, loving, and long lives together!” Everyone cheered and sipped their drinks.

             Then Taeyeon stood up and said, “I’m happy for these two lovebirds, but there is something bothering me.” Everyone hushed and listened. “I feel cheated. I, Hyo’s Best Friend For Life and Maid Of Honor, did not even know about her secret love life until the engagement was announced! I missed out on all the juicy details, the cute couple moments, and even getting to know how great of a guy Henry is! Therefore, to make it up to me, I propose the lucky couple show us a little PDA before I can acknowledge them as an official couple, yes?”

              She mischievously glanced at Hyoyeon as everyone else at the table began to chant, “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” Hyoyeon’s grandmother seemed especially excited and was chanting along as well.

              Feeling the pressure, the couple uncomfortably shifted in their seats and turned towards one another. They just stared at each other’s faces until they eventually surrendered to their friends’ request.

              Henry tentatively moved his face to Hyoyeon’s. Her face seemed to be turning as red, and he assumed that he probably looked the same. Time seemed to slow down as their lips got closer and closer, until they finally made contact.

              The cheering and commotion was louder than ever before, but Hyoyeon and Henry barely seemed to notice. As they parted, they couldn’t meet each other in the eyes, and both were blushing madly.

              All throughout the rest of the rehearsal dinner, Hyoyeon acted naturally and chatted with many friends, but the most thing that kept coming up in her mind were the fireworks that she felt during the kiss with Henry. Because of this, her face would get hot and her stomach jittery whenever she stood near him.

             Henry seemed to be much calmer and also enjoyed himself at the dinner, but later that night, when he was lying in bed, he could still see her rosy cheeks and chestnut colored eyes, could still taste her lip gloss, could still feel the tingling of her touch on his lips.