Meeting Someone

You're My... Destiny?!

Chapter 3

“Hyoyeon, who did you come to meet?” Taeyeon asked. Hyoyeon made a face, and then said,

“A guy.”

“You’re dating someone?! How come I didn’t know about this?!” Taeyeon asked with a pout on her face.

Hyoyeon sighed and explained that she isn’t dating anyone, she came to find someone to date, but in the middle of her explanation, a voice called her name.

----

                “Hey, man, check out that girl over there. She’s hot!” Jung Yunho nudged his friend with his elbow and nodded his head, pointing out a woman talking to her friend in the corner of the bar. Henry turned his head to see who Yunho was talking about, then shrugged nonchalantly.

                 “She’s pretty,” was all he said before he took a sip of beer from the mug in his hand.

                “Oh, come on. Don’t tell me you wouldn’t date her if you got the chance.”

                Henry sighed. “Yunho, please stop trying to set me up with random women. If I fall in love with a girl, I want it to be natural, and because she has a great personality, not because of the way she looks.”

                “Hmm, alright. I’ll leave you alone. For now.” Yunho smirked, and then his eyes wandered over to a couple of women. “Hey, I’ve never seen them here before,” he said.

                Henry looked over at the door, and then his heart quickened when he realized he recognized one of the new women. “Hyoyeon! Hyoyeon, over here!” He raised his hand and called over to the girl. Hyoyeon’s eyes widened when she saw it was Henry who had called her, then she grabbed Taeyeon’s wrist and brought her over to where the two men were.

                 “Henry! You come to this bar?!” she exclaimed.

                “Yes, every day after work. Is this your first time here, Hyoyeon?”

                She blushed, and said, “Yea.”

                “Oh. Well, it has a really great atmosphere. I think you’d enjoy it.”

                “Thanks. Well, my friend and I are going to go sit over there,” she pointed to a spot nearby and then the two females left.

                “Who was that?” Taeyeon asked her friend as they made their way over to an empty spot of the bar counter.

                “Oh, um,” Hyoyeon inwardly debated whether or not to tell her best friend the truth. “That’s my doctor. It was funny meeting him here, because I had just seen him at the clinic today.”

                “Oooh! You come here looking to meet a guy, and you find someone you are already familiar with. And he’s cute! It must be destiny, Hyo!” Taeyeon clapped her hands together in excitement. 

                “You think so, Taeyeon? I don’t know, it’s probably just a coincidence,” she said.

                “Oh, yeah? Tell that to the waiter who’s bringing our drinks,” Taeyeon replied, as the bartender came over with beverages that the girls didn’t order.

                “From the gentlemen over there, ladies,” the bartender pointed his thumb over to where Henry was sitting. Hyoyeon stared. Henry avoided making any eye contact, and chose instead to scowl at a smirking Yunho. Taeyeon looked for a little bit, then shrugged, raised her glass, and took a huge gulp.

                On the other side of the bar, Henry was giving the evil eye to Yunho, who had sent the drinks to the girls. “What? You knew one of them, and they were both good-looking. Is it a crime to send them drinks?” Yunho tried to reason. “Besides, you were just talking about a falling in love with a girl, and in through the door walks a girl you know quite well, as it seems. It must be destiny or something,” he shrugged.

                Henry just took another sip of his drink and stayed quiet.

====

A/N: I hope you like it! I postponed doing hw for this.. LOL. Sorry if the chapters seem random and disconnected. I feel as if they don't flow as well as I would have liked. I'll edit it later if it becomes really annoying. So I think this is the chapter where the "You're My Destiny!" part fits in, haha. Okay, enjoy!