I Meant Every Word

You're My... Destiny?!

Chapter 5

                “You’re getting married?!” Gathered in the restaurant, this was the reaction of the friends and family of Henry and Hyoyeon when they heard the news from the couple standing at the end of the large table.

“Yes, we are,” Hyoyeon shot back and put her hands on Henry’s chest as he put his arm around her waist. “We are madly in love and can’t wait to spend the rest of our lives together.”

                At this, no one wanted to question more, because a determined Hyo was a feisty one, and everyone was happy for the couple anyways. They began to celebrate and congratulate the two.

                “Oh, Hyoyeon, Hyoyeon! I always joked about it often, but I was sincere when I said I wanted you to marry and be happy, and look! You now have a fine fiancée!” Hyoyeon’s grandmother came up to her granddaughter and smothered her with kisses. She somehow also managed to pinch Henry’s cheek affectionately at the same time.

                Hyoyeon chuckled nervously. “Ahaha, yes, Henry is a great guy,” she said.

                “What did you like about him?” Taeyeon asked, the amusement flashing in her eyes.

                “Oh, er, um, Henry’s just so kind and caring, and a very responsible person. He takes good care of me, and does not judge me at all. He’s a good friend as well, and keeps calm whenever I get too excited or upset,” Hyoyeon said, thinking hard. Even though he knew that the marriage was just so Hyoyeon could please her grandmother, Henry could not help but feel a little proud at what his fiancée said. All second-thoughts he may have had about helping Hyoyeon had disappeared.

                “And what did you like about her?” Yunho asked, handing glasses of champagne around. Henry still had his arm around Hyoyeon.

                “Hmm… Hyo is a very cheerful, friendly person who makes everyone around her feel good. If I had never met her, I probably would not have been as happy as I am today.” Henry tried to be truthful, to make the whole thing sound convincing. “I knew that if I had let her go, I would never would have forgiven myself.”

                Hyoyeon looked up at his face with an odd stare, and Henry wondered whether he had said too much, but both snapped out of it when Yunho said, “Alright, let’s celebrate!” and everyone proceeded with the party.

                Later that night, when the festivities were slowly calming down and many of their friends and relatives had left, Hyoyeon escorted Henry out onto her front porch. The moon had risen and was shining brightly alongside the stars in the dark sky. Moments passed without either saying a word. Crickets chirped, filling the silence.

                Hyoyeon looked up at Henry’s face and began to say something, but paused. Henry just stared and patiently waited.

                “Thanks a lot for helping me out,” she began again. He nodded. “And, even though you may not have meant what you said in there tonight, it was still very sweet. I was touched,” she continued.

                 “I meant every word I said,” Henry stated matter-of-factly as he gazed up into the stars.

                 Hyoyeon stood and contemplated his words for a while before saying, “I did too.” She smiled as she also looked into the sky. She began to feel her heart flutter, as if it were one of the countless fireflies that flew through her front yard.

                 Henry turned back to face his fiancé, then looked down. Their hands were so close to each other's, if someone shifted his or hers just a little bit, their fingers would be touching.

                 The crickets continued to chirp, as if daring either one of them to make a move.

                 “Hey, Henry. Let’s go home,” The front door opened and Yunho’s voice came from behind the couple. “Oops,” his eyes widened and he took a step back into the house when he saw the closeness between the two.

                 “No, it’s okay,” Hyoyeon and Henry both coaxed him to come back out.

                  “Let’s go,” The doctor motioned Yunho to go to the car. Henry coughed into his wrist, then looked back at his fiancé and smiled shyly. “Good night, Hyoyeon,” he bid her farewell and slightly bowed.

                  She returned his goodbye. “Goodnight, and thanks again, Henry,” and flashed a bright smile as he walked to his car. Then as if take over by someone with an entirely different personality, she shyly looked down at her feet and listened to the sound of his engine fade away.

                  “Thanks for what?” Yunho asked in the car.

                  “Oh, nothing.” Henry brushed the question off, but his friend could tell the doctor was pleased.

                   Her smile was all Henry pictured as he drove home.

 =====

A/N: Okay, I kind of like this chapter. Sentimental moments acting as filler, yeah! :P Thanks for all your comments, interest, and support! By the way, still needing help in running my "Taking Story Requests!" shop! If you are interested or know someone who would be interested in writing or helping in any way at all, please tell me!