Promise

You're My... Destiny?!

Chapter 1

                The sun was shining brightly when 2 young women ran on the sand of the beach, the cool water of the ocean lapping at their toes. The sea sparkled, reflecting the light of the day. The sound of joyful shouts and bubbly giggles filled the air.

                “Kim Taeyeon! You better run faster if you want to catch up!” Kim Hyoyeon called to her friend who was panting behind her.

                “Oi, Hyoyeon! Slow down! We’re both adults here!” Taeyeon managed to gasp through deep breaths.

                “I’m the oldest adult of all and I can still beat both of you slowpokes!” A wrinkled figure dashed past both girls. Hyoyeon laughed to see her grandmother dance lightly on her toes, as if she were 26 again, just like the 2 younger girls. Taeyeon, surprised at being the one lagging behind, pushed herself to run harder.

                Putting her head down and speeding up, she charged forward. When she looked up again, she didn’t see anyone in front of her. “YES!” She cheered in victory.

                “Hey, Taeyeon, why are you still running?” Hyoyeon’s confused voice shouted. Taeyeon turned around and saw Hyoyeon and her grandmother sitting on a picnic blanket 20 feet away. She sighed, and then slunk over to where her friend was.

                While Taeyeon flopped herself down onto the ground, Hyoyeon’s grandmother continued her train of thought. “As I was saying, Hyoyeon dearie, you should really find a husband soon. I’m not getting any younger you know!”

                “Granny!” Hyoyeon complained while Taeyeon laughed. “You’ve said that for the past 10 years! I’m only 26; I’ll get married when I’m ready, neh?”

                “Sure, sure,” the elderly woman waved her hand dismissively. “Just do it before I die, alright?”

                The rest of the day was spent basking in the warm sun, splashing in the water, and lounging in the shade. By the evening, all three women were tired out. Taeyeon had fallen into a deep sleep under an umbrella with the other two sitting nearby. Hyoyeon was resting her head in her grandmother’s lap, watching the sunset and thinking about things.

                “Sometimes I look at the sunset and wonder if my parents ever did the same,” she said.

                “Mm, they did. It was something special for them. Even after your father died, I remember seeing your mother coming to this very spot to relive the memories,” Her grandmother Hyoyeon’s hair softly.

                Hyoyeon thought for a moment. “She really loved him, huh.”

                “She did. Just as I loved your grandfather and my mother loved my father.”

                There was silence as the two women sat in the warm glow of the sun.

                “..I guess being in love and married isn’t so bad after all,” Hyoyeon commented.

                Ngrrrk! Taeyeon snored and shifted in her sleep.

                Hyoyeon quietly giggled as her grandmother exclaimed, “Of course it isn’t! You better marry soon, though, because then all you’ll have is Taeyeon, who’ll just sleep through everything and won’t give me grandchildren!” She said, glancing over at the snoozing girl.

                Hyo laughed and said, “I’ll work on it granny, I’ll work on it. I promise.”  

-----

A/N: tillynilly~ here is the first chapter of the fic! i feel that i may not have written it as well as it could have been, but hopefully you still enjoy it all the same! There will be about 9 or 10 more chapters coming, so wait for them! I will update quickly since most of the story is written.