Chapter Two

Hold Me Tight

 

Minho walked into the grand office. It was furnished with expensive woods and golden frames with famous paintings (whether they were the originals or not, Minho didn’t know. He’d rather not know if they were originals). He walked up to the oak desk, staring at the older man behind the desk.

The old man pushed back his glasses as he looked up at the younger male. Minho was tall and very muscular. He had curly brown hair and doe shaped brown eyes. His face was very attractive with a perfectly fitting nose and small lips.

“I need to talk to you, Jungmin-shii,” Minho said as he looked at the old man.

“Yes, so I’ve heard,” Jungmin sighed as he pulled his glasses off, “This is about your debt to me.”

Minho nodded, “I’ve been under your care since I was fifteen. I believe I’ve repaid my debt to you.”

Jungmin leaned back in his chair and intertwined his fingers, studying the male, “And why should I just let you go? Minho, you know too much about my organization,” he said darkly, “Not to mention you bring me such good business.”

Minho glared at Jungmin, “I do not have anything else to repay you for. I deserve my freedom.”

“And your mother and brother? I’ve paid for her bills, his education… you owe me so much more,” Jungmin pointed out. He instantly saw Minho’s tough act fall and he smiled, “Alright, Minho. You have been very loyal to me. I’ll give you your freedom without any repercussions…. For one final job.”

“What is it?”

“I need you to kidnap Lee Soo Man’s son, Lee Taemin.”

Minho’s eyes widened. He had kidnapped a few people, but never anyone with such high standings – definitely not someone so young, “Why? What did that kid ever do to you?”

“He did nothing, but his father has done everything. He’s ruined peoples’ live Minho. You should want to help me. All I’m asking is for you to bring the boy to me,” Jungmin said, waving his hand off.

“Just bring him to you? You’ll keep him alive? It isn’t the boy’s fault his father is-“

“Of course I will keep him alive,” Jungmin pointed out with a smile, “You’ll do it?”

“And you’ll leave me and my family alone?” Minho asked as he stared at Jungmin.

The old man nodded and held out his hand to Minho, which the other took, shaking it, “We have a deal. Now go get him.”

Minho bowed shortly before walking out of the room.

---

Taemin groaned as he reached up to touch his head. His head was killing him. He wouldn’t be surprised if it actually split open. He pushed himself up and rested his forehead against the cold window, breathing in and out deeply. He was dizzy and everything in his view was blurry.

Once his head cleared up a bit, he opened his eyes once again and looked around. So he was in a car, but the question was why? He glanced at the driver and quickly, memories from the night before came up and he yelled, “YAH! Let me out!”

The driver reached up and covered his ear, sighing, “Would you calm down?”

“Calm down?! You freaking kidnapped me! Let me out NOW!” He ordered, reaching to grab Minho’s neck, but the other pushed him back with force.

“Sit the hell back. I have a gun,” Minho sighed as he lifted the gun off his lap so Taemin could see it. Instantly, the boy sat back and shut up. “Oh, thank god.”

Taemin stared at Minho through the rear view mirror, glaring at him, “Why are you doing this to me? I’ve never done anything to anyone…. I don’t deserve this.”

“I don’t disagree,” Minho replied.

“Then let me go!”

“I can’t!” Minho yelled at Taemin.

Taemin stared at Minho, tears threating to fall. He reached and brushed them away with the back of his hand, “Can you answer one question?”

Minho didn’t reply, but Taemin asked anyways, “Am I going to live?”

“Yes.”

“How do you k-know?”

The driver rested his elbow on the door and leaned his cheek against his hand, not replying. Taemin couldn’t hold back the cries now. He buried his face in his arms and cried out, but no one but Minho was listening.

---

After about an hour, Taemin was laying his head against the window. Every once in a while he would sniffle or wipe stray tears away, but he was all cried out. Minho had the radio to tune out Taemin’s cries and soft music filled the empty silence.

There was a vibration from his phone and Minho reached into his pocket, pulling it out and looking at the screen. He sighed and held the phone up to his ear, “Minhyuk… I told you not to-…. What do you mean worse?”

Taemin glanced over at Minho, confused. Who was he talking to?

“… Is the doctor sure? … I see… I’ll be there in an hour. Tell her to hold on. Bye,” Minho hung up the phone and pushed it into his pocket, “We’re making a detour,” he said softly before turning the car around abruptly, nearly causing and accident.

“YAH!”

“Shut up,” Minho said darkly as he drove, breaking another few laws other than the obviously illegal U turn he just made.

Taemin leaned forward a bit to look at Minho, “Where are we going?”

“Incheon,” Minho said shortly.

“Why?” Taemin questioned.

Minho was quiet for a few moments before glancing at Taemin for a moment, “My mother is dying… she only has a few hours left.”

Taemin’s eyes widened for a moment before he sat back. He glanced out the window. He knew how it felt to lose his mother.

---

Author’s Note: Hiya. I decided to change Minho’s brother’s name to Minhyuk since that is Minho’s name in Salamander Guru. I know that isn’t his real brother’s name, but I don’t care. :PP

Anyways please enjoy and do watch the trailer, ‘Are Your Curious?’ and The Last Dynasty RP. It would mean a lot!

Thank you for reading :) Please comment!

©sungyo2o12