Chapter Five

Hold Me Tight

A tall man walked down the hallway, his eyes focused on the door. He was always focused. He was Lee Jinki, captain of South Korea’s Police Department. He took control of all the big cases because he was the best. He was only 25, but regarded as one of the best in the police force, but Jungmin was his hardest challenge.

Ever since Jungmin appeared, Jinki had kept a record of everything he did – even before he joined the force. Because of Jungmin, Jinki’s father fell into extreme debt after losing his job and was later found murdered. Jinki had learned that his father borrowed thousands of dollars from Jungmin. His father left him a letter and he gave it to the police, but by the end of the trail, Jungmin had bought his way out of a guilty verdict.

Now, here he was, walking up to Lee Sooman’s room to help with the rescue of Lee Taemin and this time, Jungmin would not get away from him. Not this time.

Jinki pushed the door open and bowed to the man behind the desk, “Good evening, Sooman-shii.”

“Jinki, welcome,” the older man said, pulling off his glasses. He leaned back in his seat and stared at the officer, “Thank you for coming.”

“Of course,” Jinki replied with a soft smile. “Sooman-shii, my men are throughout the house and the area searching for all and everything. We do know that Jungmin is in charge of the kidnapping. The car that took your son was spotted leaving Seoul and then later spotted leaving Incheon. We believe the kidnapper is now on the way to Jungmin’s estate at Jeju Island.”

Sooman nodded his head, “Yes, yes, of course, but you should not worry, Jinki. I believe the kidnapper will return my son by tonight.”

Jinki stared at the older man, “Sir, not to discourage you, but I’ve been in many hostage negotiations and the kidnappers never give i-“

“Don’t you ever expect so little of me,” The older man said darkly, his eyes glaring at the officer, “I am Lee Sooman. There is nothing money can’t buy. I want you to go on the air and tell the kidnappers this-“

---

“I need to go to the bathroom.”

Minho glanced through the rear-view mirror at the red-haired beauty. Yes, he thought Taemin was beautiful, but that was all he was ever going to think of the boy. He groaned and turned his attention back to the road, “Hold it.”

“I’ve been holding it for hours. I really need to go to the bathroom,” Taemin shot back, glaring through the rear-view mirror. “Unless you want me to pee on the floor of the car then I can-“

“No! I’ll stop, I’ll stop. Don’t you dare piss on my floor,” Minho snapped. He saw a sign to a small gas station. He could use more gas in the car. He pulled off down the road, searching for the gas station. When he saw it, he pulled up to a gas can. “Stay here until I’m done filling it up.”

Taemin didn’t say anything. He glared at Minho as the other got out of the car. He watched Minho closely as the other filled up the car. Taemin tested the door quietly. It was still locked. He leaned back on the seat, thinking. Maybe he could get the gas station person to call the cops or he could sneak out the window? But where could he go? And Minho would surely notice the guy calling the cops. He had to be careful.

The boy jumped when he heard the door next to him open. He looked up at Minho who was grinning at him. Taemin got out of the car, pushing past Minho, but the kidnapper walked right by him, “What are you doing?”

“I have to pay. Like I’d use a credit card. Please. I’ve been doing this for a while. Hurry up and do your business and don’t try running. I’ll catch you,” Minho replied with a smirk. He opened the door for Taemin, offering a small bow that was angrily ignored by the rich teenager. Minho watched the boy head into the back to the bathroom. He walked up to the cashier and smiled, offering up some charm, “Hello, sir.”

---

Taemin peeked out from behind the door. He really did have to go and he did; now he had to try and break for it. The window was barred shut much to Taemin’s dismay. He closed the door and rested his head against, though he instantly recoiled. The whole bathroom was filthy. He had never seen something so disgusting. He would have preferred going outside.

He paced around the bathroom for a moment, thinking of anything that could possibly help him. His cellphone was gone and asking the cashier for help was suicide. He had to trick Minho, but how?

His eyes widened and he grinned instantly. If there was one thing Taemin was good at (other than dancing) it was getting people to fall for him. He was beautiful and he knew that. No one could resist him. Bat his eyelashes and a few bashful touches and Minho would be crawling on the floor. It would have to work. If not, he’d run for it.

“Hey! Come out,” he heard Minho yell from behind the door. He snapped his eyes at the door, staring at it before opening it. “Here, I got you a soda and some chips,” he said, holding the items up.

Taemin would have pretended to puke, but he had to pull his act together. He stepped forward to the other and took the items from Minho, making sure his hands brushed against the other’s. He saw a small glimpse of something in the other’s eyes, but Minho’s face stayed stoic. “Thank you,” Taemin replied with a hint of seductively in his voice.

Minho raised an eyebrow at the other, “Is something wrong with your voice?”

The boy’s eyes widened for a moment, but he got a hold of himself, “No… I wanted to thank you for taking care of me even though you have kidnapped me,” he said, reaching out and taking Minho’s hand in his own. “You know, for not killing me.”

The kidnapper was obviously confused until a smirk appeared on his lips. He stepped closer and Taemin subconsciously took a step back until he was against the door. He stared up at Minho in shock while Minho just smiled, “Is that so? Well, why don’t you offer me something as a thank you? Maybe a could do it. Maybe I’ll even let you go.”

“Really?!”

“No,” Minho laughed as he pulled away from the other, “Nice try, Lee. Get walking.”

Taemin stared at the other for a moment before looking down sadly, heading for the door. It failed. He’d never get home. He had nothing more to loss. When he came up next to the cashier, he looked over at him, “This guy is kidnapping me! I’m Lee Taemin, son of Lee Sooman of SM Entertainment… you have to call the police!”

The cashier stared at Taemin for a moment before laughing, “You were right. He is really funny.”

Minho chuckled and pinched Taemin’s cheek, “Isn’t he cute though?”

“W-what?” Taemin stared in shock, but was pushed out the door by Minho who then whispered in his ear, “You can’t win…”

Taemin shot his arm around and he felt the soda bottle collide with Minho’s head. The kidnapper stumbled a bit from shock as did Taemin, but he quickly recovered and made a run for it. He ran as fast as his legs could take him. He could hear Minho chasing after him and that scared him. He felt his legs move even faster. Taemin made a move for the road, barely getting a glimpse of the car coming.

He felt arms around his waist, pulling him back until he hit the ground. He heard yelling, but all he could hear were the muffled sounds. The wind in his ears was all he could hear. He felt Minho shake him and his eyes slowly began to focus on the male.

“What the hell were you thinking?! Why would you run?! I told you not to run! And look what happens when you run, you almost get hit by a ing car! Are you an idiot?!” Minho yelled at him.

Taemin stared up at the other, tears filling up his eyes until they began to fall, “P-please… let me go home… I’ll do w-whatever you want…”

The boy fell into Minho’s lap, crying loudly and begging to be released. Minho’s eyes softened at the sight. It was like an angel was crying. It was a sad sight. Minho grabbed the boy’s arms and pulled him up, “I’m… sorry…”

Taemin’s cries increased, but Minho kept hold of him as he walked the other to the car, setting him inside. He shut the door and leaned against it, staring down at the ground. To say Taemin wasn’t affecting him would be a lie. The boy presence was intoxicating, but he couldn’t get attached. He had to protect his brother.

Minho took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment. He remembered his mother’s face and his brother’s tears. He had to get back to his brother. He opened his eyes and got back in the car. He ignored Taemin’s crying as he took off down the road.

-------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: Finally back! I graduated from high school on Saturday! So I have a lot of free time until August when I move down to Florida to start college! It is exciting! After I finish this and make head way with Darkness Falls, I’ll be sure to make a college fic! Promise! Anyways, check out these links!

Fanfiction Tumblr

Askblingblingjonghyun

Malkom's stories

Malkom's trailers

Darkness Falls

Thank you for reading :) Please comment!

©sungyo2o12