Chapter Six

Hold Me Tight

 

The drive was quiet. Taemin had stopped crying a little while after they left the gas station. The soft hum of music was all that was heard throughout the car, not that either of them minded. Minho just wanted to focus on finishing the job, while Taemin wanted nothing to do with Minho.

There was a sudden pop and both sat up as the car began to jerk around. Minho quickly pulled off the side of the road and pulled over. He got out of the car and walked around the car until he found the cause – a popped tire, “Son of a …”

Taemin glanced at Minho as the other opened the trunk. He heard the other mutter in frustration before slamming the trunk shut. He came up to Taemin door and opened it, “Get out.”

“Why?”

“Tire is flat. We have to wait for a tow trunk. I thought maybe you’d want out of the car,” Minho offered.

“No.”

Minho glared at the boy, “Fine,” he said, slamming the door shut. He leaned against the door and pulled out his phone, calling for a tow-truck.

---

Jinki sat down in front of the security cameras of the studio. The officer said they saw who Taemin left with and Jinki believed that was the culprit. He the video from the day Taemin disappeared. He watched from when Taemin arrived, to Taemin practicing. He watched Taemin get his things and head out to the lobby. He watched closely as a tall gentleman walked up to the boy. He couldn’t really tell who it was, so he zoomed in. His eyes widened slightly as the face became clearer. A smirk appeared on his face as he stared at the face of Taemin’s capturer, “Found you.”

---

Half an hour after Minho called for a tow-truck, Taemin had finally gotten out of the car. He was leaning against the trunk when Minho was still against the side door. Taemin never liked waiting. He actually hated waiting since he rarely ever had to do it.

He glanced over at Minho and really took in the other. He was tall and slim, but with a little bit of muscle. His face was small, but beautiful. His eyes were doe shaped. His clothes were all black, but the color looked good on Minho. Honestly, there was probably not a color Minho wouldn’t look good in.

Taemin bit his lip as he looked at the other, “So… how old are you?”

Minho eyed the boy from the corner of his eye before looking out in front of him, not answering Taemin. The red head puffed his cheeks for a moment before crossing his arms and glaring into the distance. He tapped his foot for a few moments before slamming a hand on the trunk, “You kidnapped me! You have no right to ignore me! I need attention!”

Once the words left his lips, Taemin’s eyes widened. He had never said anything like that. He grew up rich and privileged, but he always hated people who acted like the world revolved around them. They were terrible people. They were like his father. He looked down at the ground, wrapping his arms around himself.

“22…”

Taemin looked up at Minho. The other was still staring off into the distance, “I’m 22,” he repeated. “My birthday is December 9th.”

The boy nodded his head, “Mine is July 18th…”

Minho looked over at the boy and smiled, “I know.”

“Yeah… right… I knew that,” Taemin replied, looking at the ground for a moment. Of course the other knew his birthday. That was probably one of the first thing kidnappers needed to know. “Um… what did you want to be when you were little?” He asked, looking at Minho once more.

“A cop.”

Taemin instantly started laughing at that, but quickly covered his mouth when he saw the other glaring at him. “S-sorry…”

Minho looked away and crossed his arms. Taemin sighed and looked away. He was shocked by the answer. Minho had kidnapped him and the other wanted to be a cop? The irony.

They both turned when they heard a truck coming. Minho pushed off the car and took Taemin’s arm, “Stay quiet.”

---

Jinki walked into Sooman’s office. He noticed that the other seemed older than before. It must have been obvious that the kidnappers would not be giving Taemin back so easily, “Sir.”

“O-oh, Jinki, yes. Do come in,” the older man said as he cleaned his desk up slightly. His glasses were askew and his brow was furrowed with concern, “Did you learn anything?”

“Yes, the male who picked up Taemin was identified. His name is Choi Minho and he’s from Incheon. It was said that the car was seen leaving Seoul, heading south, but then made a U-turn for Incheon. I’m on my way there now to visit his family home. My right hand man will be taking care of things here. If the kidnappers call, I’ll be listening in, helping you,” Jinki explained with a nod.

Sooman looked over at a picture frame of a woman and a little boy. He picked it up and sighed, “Please find my son…”

Jinki nodded his head, “Yes, sir,” he bowed quickly before leaving the room. He turned to close the door. He caught sight of the older man, hugging the picture frame to his chest. Jinki sighed before closing the door quietly.

---

The tow-truck pulled into a motel and the two got out of the car. Minho looked at the driver as he handed him some money, “So I can pick it up tomorrow morning?”

“Yeah, sleep tight,” the truck driver said before driving off.

Taemin looked at Minho then at the motel. It was… small. Maybe it was definitely something Taemin would have never stayed at if he was still at home. He turned back to Minho who was over at some window, possibly paying for a room. Taemin held his bag close to himself. He was glad he always had a bag with a change of clothes. Minho walked over, his own bag hung over his shoulder, “Come on. We’re in room 5.”

The boy nodded and followed Minho to the door. When Minho opened the door, Taemin made a move to leave, “What did I say before?”

“But-“

“No buts. You can try leaving like those who don’t have money,” Minho retorted as he pulled Taemin inside. He locked the door and threw his bag on the couch, “You can take the bed.”

Taemin looked at the bed then at Minho, “What if there are rats in it?”

“Then you can take the couch,” Minho offered with a sigh as he laid down on the bed.

The red head glanced at the couch, “No.”

“Then take the floor,” Minho groaned as he turned away from Taemin.

 “I want the bed….”

Minho sat up and glared at the boy, “Well, then lay down.”

Taemin shook his head, “Get off then.”

“Nope, if you want the bed, you’re stuck with me,” Minho smirked, but the smirk was gone as the kindapper laid down on the bed, glaring at the wall.

Taemin pouted, but took a seat on the edge of the bed. He looked around the room. It was a gross yellow color, probably from smokers who visit the room. There was also an ugly flower pattern on the top of the wall. On the walls were various abstract pictures that were very ugly in Taemin’s opinion. The bed seemed to be the same ugly pattern as the flowered wallpaper.

There was a small table with two chairs in the window as well as a dresser with a TV on top. Taemin looked at the night stand next to him and opened the drawer. Inside were a bible, a box of condoms (much to Taemin’s chagrin) and the remote.

He pulled out the remote and the power. He quickly lowered the volume and blushed instantly when he saw . He quickly changed the channel, landing on the news. He stared as he saw his face. Taemin stared down at his hands then back at the TV. His father wouldn’t find him. He’d probably be killed in a few days. He never even got to say goodbye.

Taemin turned the TV back off and set it down on the nightstand. He leaned back against the headboard of the bed and looked around the room once more until his eyes landed on Minho. He glanced over the other and saw his eyes were closed. Taemin reached a hand over and felt the slow breathing against his hand. Minho was asleep.

The red head smiled and got up; ready to leave, but something hit him. He had no idea where he was. He could call his father, but he didn’t know the number off the top of his head. He didn’t really have any friends to call either. He sat back down on the bed and pulled his legs close to himself. He wanted freedom so badly, but now that he had it in a way, he had no idea what to do with it.

---

Jinki arrived at the house and knocked on the door. He waited a good five minutes before he decided to give up. He walked down the porch until he heard a voice, “You’re looking for my brother… aren’t you?”

The officer turned and looked at the boy. He looked just like Minho, but much younger. He nodded and walked up to the boy. He pulled out his badge, “I’m Lee Jinki. Are you Minhyuk?”

The boy nodded his head, “Minho left a day and a half ago… he’s long gone…”

“Do you know where he is headed?” Jinki questioned.

Minhyuk shook his head, “He didn’t say anything… he had the boy with him… the one from the news… Lee Taemin… he seemed sad… both of them… Please don’t hurt my brother! He didn’t want to do it! He doesn’t have a choice! If he doesn’t, they would hurt me and my umma! They can’t hurt her anymore… but they can still hurt me… please leave my brother alone,” the boy cried out as he gripped Jinki’s hands.

Jinki stared at the boy sadly, “I understand… I’ll have two officers stay with you until we find your brother.”

“It won’t help,” the boy hiccupped. “He always wins…”

“Who does?”

“Jungmin… he always wins,” the boy cried.

-------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: I plan on finished this TODAY! If not today, the next TWO DAYS! I want Hold Me Tight done. It’s been in the works for a long time. It is time I put it to rest. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and will enjoy all the ones that will be coming!

Remember to check out these links!

 

Fanfiction Tumblr ll Askblingblingjonghyun ll Malkom's stories ll Malkom's Trailers ll Darkness Falls

Thank you for reading :) Please comment!

©sungyo2o12