Chapter Eight

Hold Me Tight

 

Taemin stared out the window. It was raining again. They were about an hour or two away from the boat dock that took people to Jeju Island. Taemin hadn’t been to Jeju since before his mother died. His father didn’t want to go back and Taemin didn’t blame him. He didn’t want to go back either.

He turned his eyes to Minho. The other had a strange look on his face. He looked… worried. Something was wrong.

“We’re stopping,” Minho said softly as he pulled into a rest area. Taemin watched Minho get out of the car before he got out. He followed the other to the bathrooms. When they were done, they left the bathroom. As they walked by an old couple, they pointed at Taemin.

The boy’s eyes widened, “Y-you know who I am?”

“You are the boy who was kidnapped! Police! Someone call the police!” The old woman yelled. Her husband held onto her as Minho glared at them.

Minho grabbed Taemin’s arm and pulled him back to the car. He pushed the boy inside before heading to the door. A tall male came up to fight with Minho, but Minho was quicker. He kicked the guy off of him and jumped in the car. He started the car quickly and pulled out, heading down the road. “, , …”

Taemin looked over at Minho and rested a hand on the other’s shoulder, “Minho…”

“Don’t touch me,” Minho snapped at the other. Taemin pulled his hand away quickly, hurt in his eyes. He sat back in his seat and stared out the window once more, “… I wasn’t going to run… when she noticed me… I was just shocked… I didn’t expect people to care about me… I’m just another rich kid…”

Minho was silent as he listened to the boy. “Of course people care about you, Taemin… they’d be stupid if they didn’t.”

Taemin’s head shot in the other’s direction. Minho was glaring out the window, a soft blush one his cheeks. The boy smiled softly at Minho and leaned back, sort of happy.

---

Jinki arrived at the rest area, but it was too late. Minho and Taemin had already taken off. He found a note to head to the rest stop towards Jeju Island, but neither of them were there anymore. Jinki suspected that Minho got spooked when they got noticed.

The officer jumped back into his car and tore down the highway, his lights blazing. He was close. He knew it.

---

Minho glanced at Taemin when he heard the other yawn. He smiled softly before glancing back to the window. They weren’t far from the shore, which caused Minho to frown. He’d have to give Taemin up to Jungmin. He was scared he couldn’t do it.

His eyes shot to the rear-view mirror when he heard the sirens. His heart beat increased, ringing in his ear. He pressed down on the gas. Taemin sat up and glanced behind them. He looked at Minho, fear in his eyes, “Minho… what are you going to do?”

The older male glanced at Taemin, fear in his own eyes, “I-I don’t know…”

Taemin gazed at Minho sadly before looking behind them then back to the road, “Minho stop!”

A cop car had come from the other direction, aiming to stop Minho and did just that. He halted the car and froze for a moment, breathing deeply. “Damnit…”

“Choi Minho! Step out of the car with your hands up!” Jinki’s voice carried.

Minho chuckled softly, his eyes closed. He glanced over at Taemin and pulled the boy close, kissing his lips before pulling away and getting out of the car, “Long time no see, Jinki.”

Jinki smiled at Minho, “Same to you, Minho. Last time I saw you, you were in court with Jungmin, but he was found innocent. Wonder why.”

“I don’t know. Luck,” Minho shrugged.

The captain nodded his head, “Probably. I know you have a weapon, Minho. Drop it and push it over here,” he ordered.

Minho sighed, pulling the gun out, aiming it at Jinki who pulled out his own gun, “I can’t do that, Jinki… if you capture me, Jungmin’s men will kill you, your men, me, and Taemin. If I get Taemin to Jungmin, he may be safe.”

“How can you be so sure?” Jinki offered.

“I have my ways. You know that,” Minho said, narrowing his eyes.

Jinki seemed to think about that answer, “Let’s ask Taemin then. Taemin, can you trust Minho?”

Minho glanced at Taemin for a moment. The boy’s face was flushed, most likely from the kiss (the thought brought a smile to Minho’s face), but his eyes were wide with fear.

“I-I-“

A gun fire went off and hit Minho in the side. He doubled over, dropping the gun and his hand to his side. Taemin ran over and looked at him in concern, “Minho! Oh my god, your bleeding!”

“I’m f-fine,” Minho chuckled.

“No, you- Get off of me! Get off!” Taemin yelled as a cop pulled Taemin away from Minho. The boy was kicking and screaming. “Get off! Minho!”

The kidnapper was pulled off his feet by Jinki, “Choi Minho, you are under arrest for the kidnapping of Lee Taemin. Anything you say can and will be held against you in the court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney. If you can’t afford one, one will be appointed to you. Do you understand?”

Minho nodded his head, “I got it, I got it,” he coughed.

“We’ll get you checked out,” Jinki said as he walked Minho over to the car. He pushed the other into the back where Taemin was already, “What did you do to the boy?”

“He didn’t do anything to me! Why am I being treated like a criminal!?! Let me go!” Taemin yelled at Jinki.

Jinki looked at Minho for a moment who was more focused on his gunshot wound. Taemin moved closer to the other, “Minho, Minho, are you okay?”

Minho nodded his head and winced as one of the cops came over, covering the wound to stop the bleeding. He looked up at Jinki and shook his head, “You’re making a mistake…”

“I have to do my job, Minho,” Jinki sighed.

“So are they,” Minho retorted, motioning his head to the right.

Jinki wasn’t quick enough when bullets began flying. Minho pushed down Taemin with his non-wounded side, making sure he was out of the way of the bullets. Jinki and his men were firing back, but the bullets were coming from all sides. Jinki hide behind a tree, a little bit away from the car.

Two figures came out from a big truck that appeared. They ran over to the car and pulled Minho and Taemin out of the car. Taemin was screaming again, while Minho was trying to stay conscious. They were loaded into the back of the truck before it took off, leaving Jinki alone, staring in surprise.

---

Taemin kicked out the person who grabbed it before reaching up and slapping them across the face, “Get off of me!”

“Ow!” The figure yelled, pulling off their mask. It was Kibum, “God, what the hell was that for?!”

“Kidnapping me!” Taemin spat.

“Well, if you remember, Minho did it first,” Kibum retorted.

Taemin’s eyes widened, “Minho!”

“I’m fine, Tae,” the male sighed as he looked at Taemin. Jonghyun was next to him, pulling the bullet out of side, “! Be careful!”

“I’m not a doctor!” Jonghyun whined as he covered the wound. “You know that! Ji-“

“Shut up, Jjong!” Kibum yelled, smacking the other’s head. “Stop talking.”

Minho sat up, adding more pressure to his wound, “Are you okay, Tae?”

Taemin looked at Minho, his eyes slightly wide and his lips half open. “A-am I okay? Am I ing okay?! I’ve been kidnapped – TWICE, thrown into cars – MANY TIMES, shot at, seen people get shot, been forced to shower in a gross hotel room and kissed by the person that has caused all this to happen to me! Do you HONESTLY think I’m okay?!”

The three stared at Taemin before Jonghyun spoke up, “You kissed him?”

Minho groaned and turned away from all of them, paying attention to his wound again. Taemin’s eyes were filling with tears as he looked at Minho’s back. He didn’t want to cry. He hated crying. Kibum reached out and brushed the boy’s tears, “It’ll all be over soon, Taemin.”

The boy looked up at Kibum and wrapped his arms around the other, crying into his chest. He just wanted to go home now.

---

After an hour, they arrived at the port. Waiting for them was an older looking man, much like Taemin’s own father. He smiled at the four of them, “Hello, Taemin. I’m Kim Jungmin.”

Taemin’s eyes widened and he launched at Jungmin, but Jonghyun and Kibum held him back, “You bastard! You’ve ruined my life! Why did you have to come after me?! Why me!?”

Jungmin stared at the boy, a grin on his lips, “Because your father screwed up. I’m here to even out the price.”

“What are you going to do to me?” Taemin demanded as he glared at Jungmin. The older man merely smiled, “We’ll see.”

 

-------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: THREE MORE CHAPTERS! ARE YOU EXCITED?! owo Well, now two since this was the three,… SO TWO MORE LEFT :) Enjoy~

Thank you for reading :) Please comment!

©sungyo2o12