Chapter Nine

Hold Me Tight

 

The boat ride to Jeju City was eleven hours. That was a long time to let someone thing, though, Minho figured that was all he had been doing the whole time. His thoughts before Taemin were getting the job done and getting them done right. He had been sloppy. He had been stupid. He had fallen for Taemin.

He leaned back against the bed, a hand over his wound. They had stitched him up, but he was still too weak to do anything. He had lost a lot of blood and Jonghyun was no doctor. He shouldn’t have pulled out the bullet, but the past was the past and Minho was still breathing.

Minho slowly pushed himself off the bed and made his way to the door. Before he opened it, he froze, listening to the voices outside the door.

“Boss, what do you plan on doing with Taemin?” Jonghyun questioned. His voice sounded worried.

Jungmin coughed softly before speaking, “Kill him. He’s of no use to me. Soo man deserves to feel pain.” Minho’s eyes widened instantly. He was ready to jump out of there and kill Jungmin himself.

“But boss, he’s just a kid. He doesn’t know anything about his father,” Kibum insisted.

“Oh, but if I left him alive and killed his father, Taemin would get the job. He would follow the same path as his father,” Jungmin pointed out.

Jonghyun scoffed, “Taemin is a smart kid. He outsmarted Minho a few times. I’m sure he can do a better job than his father. Come on, boss. Once you get your money, let the kid go.”

“Are you telling me what to do?” Jungmin asked, his voice was soaking with venom. Minho felt his whole body tense even more. Jungmin was furious, “Either you’re on my side or I shoot you now. What is it?”

“W-we’re with you,” Kibum answered quickly, “We’ve always been on your side.”

“Really? I doubt your loyalty,” Jungmin replied. Minho was sure if he could see Jungmin’s face, it would kill you on the spot, “You’re loyalty has always been to Minho, I’ve known. Give me one reason why I shouldn’t shoot you two.”

“Too many witnesses,” Minho said as he stepped out from behind the door, “No need to threaten them with violence. They won’t hurt your business, Jungmin.”

Jungmin’s dark eyes turned to survey Minho, “So you do live? I was worried. Keep them in check, Minho. No more slip ups.”

Minho nodded his head, “Of course, sir. I understand completely.”

“Good, good. Now for cautionary measures, I’m going to need you to stay away from that boy. You’ve all grown attached. I can’t have that,” Jungmin said with a sigh as he pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket, cleaning his glasses, “Then again, he keeps attacking my men. The boy is fire cracker. He demands to see you…”

Minho stopped the urge from smiling at the thought of Taemin attacking very muscular men with guns. Taemin did have guts, “Let me talk to him, sir. I can get him to calm down.”

“I’m not so sure,” Jungmin was not convinced.

“He listens to me. He’s in love with me,” Minho pointed out with a shrug. His face was covered with a fake expression of amusement, but he was sad on the inside. He honestly wished that wasn’t true. It would have made things easier.

Jungmin seemed to contemplate that information, “I can tell… fine… five minutes. Jonghyun, Kibum, you go do something else – away from my sight. Go on, Minho,” he said with a flick of his hand before walking away.

Jonghyun made offensive hand gestures behind the older man’s back before hissing at Minho, “He threatened to kill us. I swear to God Minho, if you up-“

“Shut up and go. I can handle this,” Minho shot back with a glare.

“You better. I’m too beautiful to die,” Kibum said with a pout before walking away. Jonghyun nodded his head in agreement before following after his boyfriend. Minho merely rolled his eyes before heading in the direction of Taemin’s cabin.

---

Taemin kicked at the door for what felt like the millionth time, “LET ME OUT!”

He could hear the laughing of Jungmin’s men on the outside of the door and that added more fuel to the fire. He began hitting and kicking at the door with all his power. He broke the window earlier, but he couldn’t fit through and they put up a board to make sure he didn’t try to get through again.

“God damnit, let me out now! I want to see Minho!” He yelled as he kicked the door again. He was about to kick it again when the door opened and he saw Minho. He stared in surprise, while the other looked at him in amusement.

“Calm down, Jackie Chan. I’m here,” Minho said, walking into the room. He turned to the two guards, “I want privacy, so I’m shutting the door,” he said as he did just that. He turned to the boy and smiled, “Hi.”

Taemin looked at his for a moment before punching Minho’s chest, surprising the other, “Ow! What the hell? You do realize I go shot earlier? Is this how you treat people in pain?”

“Yes,” Taemin said as he glared at the other. He lifted his fist and Minho inched away, worried the other would punch him again, but soon Taemin arms were around Minho’s neck, holding him close, “I was so scared they killed you,” he whispered.

Minho wrapped his arms around the boy and shrugged slightly, “Sorry to disappoint.”

“I’m not disappointed,” Taemin mumbled as he looked at the other before leaning closer to kiss Minho, but the other pulled away, “What are you doing?”

“Taking a seat,” Minho said as he took a seat on the bed with a small groan. He reached over and touched his side where he was shot. He closed his eyes for a moment and when he opened his eyes again, Taemin was in front of him, kneeling. “No, Taemin.”

Taemin looked up at Minho, “You kissed me in the car… you started it.”

Minho looked away before looking at Taemin, “Taemin, don’t ove-“

The red head and grabbed Minho’s face in his hands and kissed the other, deeply. Minho sat there, frozen for a moment, but he didn’t pull away and he didn’t kiss back. Eventually, Taemin got the message and pulled away, standing up and moving away from Minho, “Why did you kiss me…?”

“Don’t know,” Minho replied. Liar… of course you know. “Taemin, this will all be over soon. I’m su-“

“Over as in, he’ll shoot me?” Taemin questioned, looking back at Minho, sadness etched in every feature of his beautiful face. Minho felt his heart break into a million pieces.

Minho sighed, “He won’t kill you-“

“Look me in the eyes and say that,” Taemin ordered.

The taller male looked up at Taemin, “He won’t kill you.”

Taemin watched as Minho stood up and headed for the door. He took a step forward, but stopped as Minho reached the door and stopped. Minho glanced over his shoulder, “I’ll shoot him before he gets a chance.”

The boy’s eyes widened as he watched the other leave. He smiled softly to himself before walking over to his bed. He stared down at it and noticed the blood. Minho’s wound was open.

---

Minho held onto his side as he leaned against the wall. He lifted his hand and stared at the blood. His wound had opened. He pulled on a jacket before he pushed himself off the wall. He walked onto the deck where Jungmin was.

“So is he going to be good?” Jungmin questioned as he looked at the other.

Minho pulled his jacket closer to himself and nodded, “Yeah, he won’t cause you any problems.”

“Good, good,” Jungmin nodded before pulling a gun out of his pocket, pointing it at Minho.

The boy’s eyes widened and he lifted his hands, “What the hell, Jungmin?”

Jungmin stepped closer to him, “You left a note for Jinki to find you and the boy. You’ve been in contact with him. Do you think I’m an idiot? Do you honestly think I wouldn’t find out?”

“Jungmin, think about thi-“ Arms wrapped around Minho’s pulling him backwards. He looked up and saw some of Jungmin’s lackeys holding onto him. Over to his side were Jonghyun and Kibum being restrained. Behind them was Taemin, watching is shock and fear.

Minho’s eyes looked at Jungmin, glaring at him, “What are you going to do to us?”

“Once we arrive at Jeju in a few moments, I will send a video to Lee Jinki and Lee Sooman. They’ll see me not only shoot Lee Taemin, but all of you. I will disappear and no one will ever see again. Sooman actually paid up. I’m surprised,” Jungmin chuckled evilly as he looked at Minho, “You’ve lost… officer Choi.”

“You’re a cop?!” Taemin yelled at Minho, but Minho didn’t turn his head, he just smirked at Jungmin. That angered the other man, “Beat him. See if he lightens up them.”

Instantly, the men holding Minho started kicking him and hitting him the butts of their gun. Taemin, Jonghyun and Kibum cried out for them to stop, but Jungmin merely laughed. After a few minutes, he told them to stop, “We’ve made it.”

He walked over to Taemin and took the boy’s face in his hands, “Don’t touch him!” Minho yelled, but received a kick in the stomach, causing him to cough up more blood. Jungmin smiled at Minho then at Taemin, “You are so beautiful… just like your mother… But your eyes… just like your father’s… full of hate. I love it.”

“I’m nothing like my father,” Taemin spat at Jungmin. The older male wiped the spite from his face before smacking Taemin across the face. “Know your place. Let’s go,” he ordered before walking off the boat. Taemin made a move to run to Minho, but he was grabbed and dragged at Jungmin.

The men, who had been beating Minho, picked him and dragged his bleeding and half unconscious body with them.

---

As they walked to the cars, sirens began to blare and all men around lifted their guns. Jungmin turned quickly and looked around. He glanced down at Minho as he heard him chuckling. He grabbed Minho’s shirt and glared at him, “What did you do?!”

“You honestly… think I wouldn’t have a plan?” The blooded male asked as he looked at Minho through his half swollen eye, “I was always five steps ahead of you… Jinki knew from the beginning to be in Jeju… you trusted me too much…”

“The jig is up, Jungmin,” Jinki said as he walked forward, gun raised, “Release my men and Lee Taemin. If you try to run, my men will shoot. Your men have already been disarmed.”

Jungmin looked around, all his men were knocked down or being handcuffed. Jonghyun and Kibum were both being pulled away from the scene. Only Minho and Taemin were left. Taemin refused to leave Minho’s side. Jungmin’s eyes glossed over as he lifted his gun to Taemin’s head, as he was about to shot, a bullet connected with his temple.

Jinki’s gun was still raised; steam leaving the pit of the gun. He lowered his gun and motioned for his men, “We need a doctor. Hurry!”

Taemin held tightly onto Minho as the other lay unconscious, blood everywhere. He was pulled off, but lashed and screamed out, “Get off! Minho! Minho! Open your eyes! Damnit! Listen to me!”

Minho didn’t reply. He laid there, his eyes clothes almost as if he was asleep. Taemin looked at the person who grabbed him and saw Kibum and Jonghyun looking at him sadly. He wrapped his arms around Kibum and cried into his chest. Jonghyun and Kibum shared a look before pulling the young boy away from scene.

-------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: The next chapter will be the EPILOGUE! AND IT WILL BE SHORT! Lawls… Go to this link please! This is important! It will decide what I write next! Darkness Falls is on hiatus. I’ve lost interest in it and want to write something cute and sweet… not… vampires and werewolves. Darkness Falls will be back eventually, promise.

GO TO THIS LINK, READ THE DESCRIPTIONS FOR EACH STORY, THEN VOTE! VOTING ENDS FRIDAY!

Link is here. Enjoy :)

Thank you for reading :) Please comment!

©sungyo2o12