Chapter One

Hold Me Tight

His hand gripped the cold, pale hand on the bed. Tears welled in his eyes as he stared at the woman lying lifelessly in the bed.

“Umma,” he forced out softly as he held her hand to his cheek. It was so cold. “Everything will get better. I’ll save you, umma. You and Minhyuk. I’ll protect you both.”

The door opened, but he refused to look away from his umma’s peaceful face.

“Hyung?”

He took a small, shaky breath before laying her hand down and standing up. He barely heard his brother’s voice, “Take care of her.”

He felt his brother grab his wrist, trying to keep his brother from leaving, “Please don’t leave us, Minho Hyung… We need you.”

Minho looked at his brother’s pitiful face before tearing the arm away from him, “Take care of her, Minhyuk.”

He ignored his brother’s cries as he left the hospital room. He made a promise and he planned on keeping it - no matter what the cost.

—-

The music pounded into his veins as if it controlled his every move. He moved with the music, in complete harmony with the music. Once the song ended, he fell to the ground.

He panted for air as his hands searched for their water bottles. “I’m so tired,” the red head said softly as he finally caught his bottle.

This was no ordinary red head. This red head was Lee Taemin; heir to SM Entertainment. His father was the Lee Sooman who controlled one of the most famous music companies, but his fame came at a great cost.

He gained many enemies with rival companies, but also with past employees. He laid of people without reason, he worked his artists until they fainted and once they were out they went right back to work and he ruined people’s lives just to get what he wanted. His crimes against people left him with threats not only for himself, but his family.

His wife died a few years after Taemin was born, leaving her young son in the hands of a father who cared not for his son, but for his son’s power to keep his company alive.

Taemin was beautiful like his mother; striking brown eyes, a small nose and perfect lips. He was thin with LNG red hair. He was the image of what anyone his age wanted to be, but regular kids had one thing he didn’t - freedom.

With so many threats against his life, Sooman made sure his son was safe. He had two body guards and was driven everywhere. His father also made sure to do background checks on everyone in Taemin’s school.

Taemin was nothing more than a caged bird. He hated the life he had. He could never hang out with friends or go to parties. He was only seventeen years old and he was forced to grow up without anyone to be around. His own father ignored him.

He glanced down at the floor and sighed. He needed to stop thinking about everything. He stood up and began the music again, letting the music clear his mind.

---

Taemin had finished his workout and was taking a shower. He finished up quickly and changed into clean clothes. He was making his way down to the lobby when he caught sight of a man, possibly early twenties.

The figure saw him and smiled, “Taemin-shii, I am Minho. I’m your new driver.”

The red head raised an eyebrow, “Oh, no one told me about that…”

“Your driver had a small medical issue, so I was just called today. I’m sorry for the inconvenience,” Minho replied as he bowed.

Taemin eyed the driver for a moment before nodding his head, “Alright. Show me the way,” he replied. Minho smiled and walked out the door, holding it open for Taemin and then opening the car door for the male.

Once Taemin was inside, Minho got into the car and began driving in the direction of Taemin’s home. The boy looked at the back of the male’s head in interest. Something was different.

“… You weren’t hired as a new driver… were you?” He asked softly.

The driver didn’t reply, but as he looked up at the rear view mirror, he saw the pained look on the other’s face, “Please…”

Minho stopped the car and Taemin made a move for the door, but Minho was already there, pinning him against the seat, with a cloth over his mouth. Taemin struggled against Minho, but he was becoming light headed until he completely out.

“I’m sorry,” Minho said softly as he pulled Taemin’s phone out of his pocket and then looking for anything else that Taemin could use to call. He threw the phone to the ground and stepped on the phone, breaking it into pieces. He sighed as he got back into the car, locking it and then driving off again.

---

Author’s Note: I’m still pissed that chapter one was deleted because of the AFF screw up or whatever, but I rewrote it and I am happy with it. I changed Key’s character. He is no longer Key’s friend in this, but his new role will be pointed out later in the story. Hopefully chapter two will be up and running later today. I’ll do my best.

Oh, three things.

Watch the trailer that Malkom made for me MONTHS ago

And check out Reini’s new RP, The Last Dynasty (Which I am in as Jonghyun)

And if you haven't read 'Are You Curious?' Please do. It is super short. 

Thank you and enjoy!

©sungyo2o12