CHAPTER 2: THE REASON

Hold Me in Your Arms

Dear yixingmaid and bbiribbom-bberibbom, thank you so much for remembering me ^-^

 

Previous Chapter:

They end up sharing the bed with Yixing lays his head on top of Wufan’s chest, legs are tangled to Wufan’s, and Wufan’s hand on Yixing’s waist since he doesn’t want Yixing to fall from the bed (his bed is small, by the way).

Wufan is the first to pass out because firstly he is tired from college and jobs and secondly he has Yixing in his arms. Yixing listens to Wufan’s steady heartbeat first for a full two minutes before he snuggles deeper into Wufan’s broad chest and drifting off following Wufan to the dreamland.

 

The next morning comes too early for Wufan’s liking but then the taller thinks it was worth it when he gets to see Yixing yawns like a baby as he rubs his eyes cutely whilst greeting “Good morning, Wufan” with the soft and sweet voice of his. Wufan feels like Yixing’s proud husband and his heart feels content just by simple action from the love of his life.

Wufan then took a quick bath because now he has to share the bathroom with Yixing since the smaller Chinese is staying at his place. While Yixing is still in the bathroom, Wufan ends up in his neighbor’s room asking for a help because Wufan doesn’t have good food for Yixing’s breakfast and clothes for Yixing to change. Fortunately, the old couple who happened to be his neighbor is so kind-hearted. They treat Wufan like their own child since their real son has been in jail since three years ago because that son happened to be the murderer of his own girlfriend.

“I’m so sorry for disturbing you this early morning, Mrs. Hu,” Wufan bows in apology when Mrs. Hu hands him a big bowl of freshly made chicken soup and his son’s clothes for Wufan to borrow. Mrs. Hu shakes her head and says it is nothing compared to what Wufan did for their family when Mr. Hu was hospitalized two months ago. Not only Wufan helped Mrs. Hu nursing his husband and doing all the chores at their apartment back then, Wufan even paid more than a half of Mr. Hu’s hospital bill. And it seems both Mr. and Mrs. Hu is still can’t forget his kindness up until now.

“Hey, Wufan, my handsome son,” Mr. Hu greets him with his trademark laughter. Wufan greets him back politely.

After answering Mr. and Mrs. Hu’s endless question about Yixing and explaining that Yixing is a friend from college and nothing more (even though Wufan wants more than a friend with Yixing and the couple definitely can see that), Wufan finally back to his own room.

And only God knows how panic Wufan is when he sees Yixing is crying on the floor (and wears nothing but the towel around his waist) beside a small sofa near the window.

Wufan quickly places the food and clothes on the nearest table and is rushing to Yixing immediately.

“Hey, Yixing, are you okay? What happen?” Wufan asks in panic as he cups Yixing’s small face in his hands.

Seeing Wufan is already in front of him, Yixing jumps and hugs Wufan straightaway. To say Wufan doesn’t surprise is an understatement, but he keeps Yixing safe in his arms for a while before asking him again.

Yixing is still sobbing hard on Wufan’s neck but he manages to answer Wufan’s question. “I thought you leave me alone, Wufan.”

Wufan wants to laugh his off because Yixing is being dumb right now and it is kind of best moments to play with his emotion a little, but then he decides not to because Yixing looks so small and fragile in his arms and Wufan doesn’t want his angel to be sad or hurt.

So Wufan just Yixing’s hair softly and tells him that he’s always here, will not going anywhere or leaving Yixing alone by himself so Yixing doesn’t have to worry. Wufan also explains that he went out for a while to borrow some clothes for Yixing from the old couple next door. Yixing nods in understanding and starts to calm little by little but still sobbing like a toddler on Wufan’s neck. Yixing tightens his hugs on Wufan’s waist because for some reason he doesn’t know, he is afraid that Wufan would slip away.

Wufan is the first to pull away from the hug; Yixing tries hard to hold back his disappointment and ignore the cold feeling on his skin when Wufan is not hugging him. Cause with you, I feel safe.

Wufan wipes the dried tears on Yixing’s face using his thumbs and pokes Yixing’s right cheek where he knows the dimple that he adores usually pops out from there. Yixing smiles shyly under Wufan’s gaze. He doesn’t know why but his heart beats faster than it usually does.

“Come on, let’s change your clothes and then eat the breakfast. We’re running out of time,” Wufan says and Yixing quickly follows.

 


 

“Thank you for the ride, Wufan,” Yixing says as he goes down from Wufan’s bike. Wufan hums and gives Yixing his gummy smile.

“Are you sure you want to walk from here to campus? It’s kind of far, by the way,” Wufan asks one last time just for assurance. Yixing nods.

“I don’t want my friends to know that now I’m living with you. I’m afraid they would tell my parents if they found out.”

Wufan nods his head in agreement. “So, I’ll be waiting here at two and then we’ll go home together. Is it okay for you? Or you want to go by taxi instead?”

“No, no, no, the first choice is fine with me.”

Yixing smiles at Wufan and that precious dimple pops out and Wufan can’t help but ruffles Yixing’s hair affectionately. Despite having his hair messed up by his enemy, Yixing blushes and Wufan thinks he is the cutest person in the whole world.

“Okay, then. Be careful, Yixing. I’ll see you soon.”

Yixing nods as he replies with a shy, “Be careful too, Wufan.”

And with the last smile from his angel this morning, Wufan rides his bike to the college main building while Yixing decided that he just better off walking.

Yixing checks his wristwatch. Fifteen minutes to eight. He’d better get going now if he doesn’t want to be late and then being kicked out from the class by his Professor.

Yixing starts walking with normal pace while his mind keeps repeating last night event with his enemy. Truthfully, Yixing always hates Wufan since their first encounter and marked the tall man as the most annoying human being Yixing’s ever met in his life. When Yixing got an E for the first quiz and the Professor whole-heartedly announced it in front of the class, Wufan laughed his off and told Yixing that he needs to blend all of his books and drink it if he wants to get a simply C. Yixing wanted to cry so bad at that time (because with that joke Wufan indirectly told him that he is a simpleton), but he was afraid Wufan would laugh at him again so he held back his tears that threatened to fall.

Another time when Yixing unintentionally brushed against his Professor’s laptop (and that caused Yixing to get a detention because that laptop was completely broken), Wufan said to him that even though Yixing is rich and beautiful, there are no men or women in this world who would want to marry him because he is clumsy as hell. Unfortunately Yixing couldn’t hold his tears back then, so he cried hard in front of Wufan who stopped laughing but only stood there watching, gave him a handkerchief, and then left with no trace at all. What a jerk.

(Little did Yixing know that after giving his handkerchief to Yixing, Wufan quickly rushed to the bathroom, locked himself at the very end cubicle, and hit his head continuously against the cold wall as he cursed himself “Idiot Wufan! Stupid Wufan! You’re the worst, Wufan!” for making his angel’s cry.)

But Wufan last night is totally different from Wufan the most annoying human being Yixing knew. Wufan last night (until this morning) is kind, sweet (too sweet that it makes Yixing's heart beats in an uneven beat), and he is treating Yixing like he is the most precious thing for Wufan. And it successfully makes Yixing feels so damn special, especially since Wufan had him in his arms this morning and calmed him until he is not crying anymore. What a gentleman. Yixing blushes hard.

(Yixing tries to forget the part when he could completely feel Wufan’s obvious morning wood as he woke up this morning.)

Yixing cups his face—feeling shy all of a sudden just by the thought of Wufan’s morning wood—and then shakes his head as he is trying to push away that inappropriate thought from his mind.

A light pat on his shoulder startles him. Yixing turns his head only to find Leo is walking by his side, wiggling his eyebrows as if telling Yixing I know what’s on your mind and that kind of scares him.

“What are you thinking of? You’re red,” Leo says matter of fact as he tries hard not to burst into laughter. Yixing is kind of taken aback by the statement, but refuses to tell the taller the truth even though Yixing considers him as his close friend.

“Nothing,” Yixing answers in hesitation as he turns his head to the side so Leo won’t be able to read his expression.

“You act and look like you’re in love,” Leo states. Yixing almost trips on his shoes. Do I fall in love with Wufan?

“Fall in love with whom?” Yixing asks him back only to hide his nervousness. Actually, Yixing doesn’t even know why he suddenly feels so nervous.

Leo shrugs. But then he stops on his track two feet in front of Yixing so that makes Yixing immediately stops walking as well. Yixing looks at him, wants to ask why he suddenly stopped, but that words vanished into thin air when Leo cups his face and forces him to look into his eyes.

Leo runs his fingers on Yixing’s smooth cheeks and Yixing wonders why it doesn’t feel the same way like when Wufan was doing this to him. Instead of feeling safe, Yixing feels so frightened.

“Are you starting to fall in love with me? Are you ready to return my feelings now, Yixing?”

Yixing gulps in fear. This is not gonna happen. No way. There are no times where I’ll be ready to return his feelings.

“I’m sorry, Taekwoon-ah, I’m in hurry right now. I have a morning class,” Yixing says as he gives the taller a hesitant smile before he quickly walks, leaving Leo dumbfounded on his spot.

Leo balls his fists in anger. He simply doesn’t get it why Yixing refuses to return his feelings. He is tall, he is handsome, he is rich as well even though Yixing is richer; he has it all. All this time he believed that Yixing is feeling the same way as him, but after the second rejection he finally admits that maybe Yixing needs time. But it has been ing three months! How long again does he have to wait? Why cannot Yixing just accepts his feelings and say yes?

While Leo is in anger, Yixing is slightly feeling guilty towards his close friend. Yixing knows this is the fourth times he rejects Leo, but he just can’t return the feelings the taller has for him because he simply just doesn’t feel that way. He likes being around Leo, but only as friends, not as lovers like what the taller wanted them to be. Besides, Yixing already has a fiancé.

Right. My fiancé! How can I forget about his existence?

Yixing suddenly feels his insecurity eats him up. Beads of sweat start to form on his forehead. He mentally panics inside because he is afraid that his parents’ body guards would find him soon and force him to come home to his fiancé.

No, no. Yixing shakes his head in fear.

He needs to immediately find a safest place so the body guards that his parents hired won’t find him. The safest place in Yixing’s mind turned out his classroom. Yixing wastes no more time and quickly runs his feet to his class. He doesn’t care the way the Professors are glaring at him and the shouts his lecturer give him for running in the hallway, he only needs to be quick and be there as soon as possible.

And when he reaches his classroom and sees Wufan smiles warmly at him from his desk, Yixing knows that he is already safe.

 


 

“Looking dreamily at your crush from afar doesn’t make him likes you,” Kyungsoo states the obvious with his super flat tone because he is kind of tired having stupid giant dragon watching his beloved from five meters away which happens almost every day and that stupid giant dragon didn’t even do any effort to woo his crush ever since eleven months ago.

“Shut up,” Wufan snarls. “You don’t even know how it feels to fall for a person who is out of your league.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes turn soft right after Wufan replied his statement. His best friend looks so desperate right now, having chin on his palm as he observes Yixing who is being flirted by the basketball players and sighs in disappointment when Yixing doesn’t seem to mind being flirted by dickheads. The beautiful man only lets out laughter or simply smiles at their horrible pick-up lines.

“I told you to confess already,” Kyungsoo says softly. Wufan immediately shots him are you ing serious look as he opens his mouth, ready to argue, but unfortunately Kyungsoo cuts him off. “What, are you going to tell me that you don’t deserve Yixing? Or you want to tell me that poor man like you is forbidden to fall in love with elite like Yixing? Quit it, Wufan, I’m tired of your endless nonsense!”

Kyungsoo keeps go on and on and on about how Wufan should confess before he regrets it later when Yixing is in another man’s embrace that is not Wufan’s, how Wufan should at least man up and tell Yixing that he loves him so bloody hell much even though the latter might rejects him after he confesses, until how Wufan should do any effort (even if it is a very simple effort) so that Yixing will know that Wufan loves him.

Wufan sighs as he listens to Kyungsoo’s endless rants about what he should do and what he should not do. Honestly speaking, Wufan doesn’t even know why Kyungsoo took so much interest about his (unlucky) love life.

“…And I think Yixing kind of likes you too.” With that, Kyungsoo (finally) ends his long speech.

Wufan snorts. Where the hell did Kyungsoo get that idea?

Seeing Wufan doesn’t show any signs to believe him, Kyungsoo feels a sudden need to explain why he thinks that way. “A while ago when we were still in our class, I saw how he kept glancing at your direction whilst blushing and smiling shyly by himself.”

Wufan almost shedding his tears because the thought of Yixing steals a glance at him and smiling shyly is making him happy but then he thinks it would be wise enough if he does not keep his hope high.

But Wufan simply can’t hold back his curiosity so he finds himself asking Kyungsoo, “Really?”

Kyungsoo is smirking his devilish smirk right now and Wufan can’t help but to roll his eyes at the sight. “Despite my sassy attitude, have I ever been lying to you?”

Wufan shakes his head before his lips slowly stretch wider as he is smiling like an idiot.

 


 

“Wufan, you better tell me now what happened between you and Zhang Yixing that I didn’t know about because it has been one hundredth times he keeps glancing at our direction by now!” Kyungsoo snaps in whispers (because they are still in the library and he doesn’t want to make a stupid scene) as his patience is running thin.

Zhang Yixing he knew is better off looking at the plain wall than to look at Wufan. But since this morning, that dimpled male keeps stealing a glance or two at Wufan and then biting his bottom lips shyly as his cheeks are tainted in pink.

Zhang Elite Yixing is blushing while he looks at Wufan! Kyungsoo couldn’t hold back his curiosity anymore; he needs to know what happened between those two behind his back for this past ten hours.

“Nothing,” Wufan says as he tries hard to keep his ignorant face so Kyungsoo won’t be suspicious. But the way Wufan’s Adam’s apple bobs twice didn’t go unnoticed by the doe-eyed male. Unfortunately for Wufan, his best friend Do Kyungsoo is born with his detective mind and soul.

“Don’t lie to me, Wufan, because I never lie to you,” Kyungsoo warns him with his very-low tone and coldest stare. Wufan has to admit his aura gives him goose-bumps.

“Err… There’s something you didn’t know but I wanted to tell you so bad since yesterday but I was really tired and I couldn’t because my phone is broken and—”

“Stop rambling nonsense and just tell me from the very beginning, Wufan!”

With one last death glare from his tiny little best friend, Wufan starts his story. He tells Kyungsoo that he is right—that when the small male texted him that he saw Yixing at the small park behind Wufan’s apartment building, that was the real Yixing.

Wufan tells his best friend how they coincidentally collided at the small, dark road behind Wufan’s apartment building, how Yixing looked so scared and insecure last night and how the small man forced Wufan to let him stay at Wufan’s place.

“And you let him stay?” Kyungsoo asks even though he kind of knows the answer already.

“At first no, I rejected his stupid idea about this “stay together” thingy, but in the end I found myself surrender easily because it turned out his body guards were looking for him and by the look on his face I already knew that he didn’t want his body guards to take him home. So yeah, that’s why I let him stay at my apartment for this time being,” Wufan sighs as he ends his story. He really doesn’t know whether he made the right decision or the false one by letting Yixing, the apple of his eyes, stays with him.

“So it means Yixing run away from his mansion?!” Kyungsoo asks in disbelief. He simply doesn’t get why Yixing left his mansion without a word and choose to stay at Wufan’s small, crumpled apartment instead; while Kyungsoo would definitely not choose his or Wufan’s apartment over luxurious mansion.

“Yes,” Wufan answers shortly but it sounds final in both his ears.

“Why?” Kyungsoo asks again. Wufan looks at him with the dumbest expression Kyungsoo has ever seen.

“Why?” Wufan repeats the question like an idiot. “Err… I don’t know?”

Kyungsoo closes his eyes in frustration and then sighs in desperation. “You didn’t ask him?”

Wufan shook his head with the same idiot face while Kyungsoo shoots him a why are you so stupid look.

And Wufan mentally makes a note to ask Yixing about that later.

 


 

Later comes so soon and Wufan is kind of happy about that because he can ask Yixing sooner than he has expected before. Wufan is proud of himself since he has already prepared the questions he wants to ask Yixing—but unfortunately, his well-done scripted questions are forgotten suddenly as he sees his angel walking towards him, smiling and proudly shows off his precious dimple to Wufan as the smaller Chinese gives a shy wave to the taller.

Wufan is left love-struck.

“Hi, Wufan! Have you been waiting long?” Yixing asks. Wufan is quick to shake his head because even though he has been waiting for fifteen minutes already under the brightest sun of April, he doesn’t mind if it is for his precious angel. (The thing Wufan would do for love.)

Yixing gives him a bright smile which Wufan returns immediately.

They don’t even say a single word for a few minutes since Wufan is kind of spellbound by his angel in front of him while Yixing just mindlessly playing with his fingers at the tip of his shirt. Yixing can’t even look at Wufan because every time his hazel orbs caught Wufan’s features, his cheeks suddenly feel hot and the tingling inside his stomach made him uncomfortable—and Yixing doesn’t know why he feels like that.

“Err… shall we go now?” Wufan asks, breaking the silence between them. Even though he will never be bored looking at Yixing’s perfect face every single minute, he still doesn’t want his Yixing to get heated for standing too long under the sun.

Yixing beams at Wufan’s offer. He nods his head in excitement since he has wonderful plan inside his mind.

“Can we go to the supermarket first, Wufan?” Yixing asks as he places his carefully on Wufan’s bicycle seat. Wufan motions him to wrap his arms around Wufan’s waist for safety reason before responding to Yixing’s wish.

“What do you want to do there?” Wufan asks back and starts paddling his bike slowly. This is good. Having someone’s arms around your waist with breezy wind passes by you is good. Wufan closes his eyes and smile in contentment. But it’s not long because Yixing’s sweet voice already ringing in his ears.

“I just want to buy something to cook since you don’t have anything nutritious in your fridge. You can’t eat trashy food all the time, Wufan. It is not good for your health, especially for your heart,” Yixing explains his intention as he recklessly rests his head on Wufan’s shoulder blade, that caused Wufan to tense up a bit before he finally managed to calm himself down.

Wufan wants to argue that it is not the foods he ate that will make his heart go wrong, but it is Yixing himself that is dangerous for his heart. But Wufan doesn’t voice it out and choose to keep it to himself instead.

“I guess you’re right, Yixing,” Wufan agrees and he smiles handsomely, even though Yixing can’t see that.

Upon hearing the positive respond from the taller Chinese, Yixing can’t help but feeling proud of his idea.

 


 

Yixing looks at his expensive wristwatch. It is almost eight but Wufan haven’t come home yet. After accompanying Yixing to the supermarket and send Yixing home, Wufan left straightaway claimed that he has to work. Yixing just nodded, since he thought it won’t take long for Wufan to come back home. But he guesses it is wrong when he finally realized Wufan has been out there for five hours.

Yixing bites his lips in worry. What if something bad happen to Wufan? Yixing shakes his head. No, Wufan is grown man. He could save himself from danger.

Another imaginary voice ringing in his head: Why don’t you just text him, Yixing?

Yixing’s eyes light up immediately. That is a good idea! Yixing takes his phone that lying on the table and quickly types a message to Wufan.

And right then, reality hits him hard.

I DON’T HAVE WUFAN’S NUMBER, OH MY GOD! Yixing pulls his hair in frustration and mentally curse his bad habit to easily forget everything, even the simplest thing like asking for his roommate’s number. Yixing then pouts and sulks on his own, lying himself lifelessly on the sofa. He can’t help but mourning over his stupidity. Guess he just has to wait until Wufan come home then.

Yixing doesn’t count how long he has been sulking until he hears the front door creaks, signaling that someone has opened it. Yixing quickly stands up and runs like a child he is toward the front door.

“Wufan!” Yixing screams all too happily and that’s kind of startle Wufan a bit but then Wufan can’t help but flashes his gummy smile because Yixing is so adorable. All his tiredness from working five hours has gone magically.

“You look happy,” Wufan says and then smirks because he saw the flush that redden Yixing’s cheeks. “Miss me that much?”

Yixing makes a face and sticks out his tongue at Wufan, which make the latter chuckling in amusement.

“Come on, Wufan, I’m hungry! You should be home by seven!” Yixing whines and without a further word, he drags Wufan to the dining room. Wufan tries to ignore his confusion and obediently follow the smaller Chinese.

“Stop drooling and just eat your dinner!” Yixing scolds Wufan like he is the mother of Wufan but he doesn’t care because he is too hungry and Wufan just stood there drooling over the meal he cooked when he supposed to be sit properly and eat.

But deep inside his heart, Yixing is rightfully proud for successfully made a decent food without burning Wufan’s kitchen down. And the twinkles in Wufan’s eyes make him prouder than ever.

“You made all these by yourself?” Wufan asks in disbelief, eyeing the delicious foods that spread over the table. It looks so tempting and Wufan can guarantee that it will taste wonderful, since the cook is incredibly wonderful as well.

Yixing hums and nods happily. “Of course! I’m home alone with nothing to do so I decided to cook dinner for us. I’m smart, ain’t I?”

Wufan laughs freely as he ruffles Yixing’s soft strands. “You’re the best!”

The way Wufan laugh handsomely and the way his big hand his hair make Yixing lightheaded. He feels so shy all of a sudden as the pulse of his heart increasing for each second. His heart goes thump thump wildly Yixing hopes Wufan doesn’t hear that.

“Let’s eat!” Yixing finally says, pretending nothing goes wrong with his heartbeat and his stomach.

“Feed me,” Wufan demands. Yixing shoots are you kidding look to Wufan and then shakes his head as he mouthing a short “No” but Wufan is quick to add a rational reason so Yixing wouldn’t mind feeding him. “I don’t have any energy left, Yixing. I’m so tired right now.”

Yixing observes Wufan’s features thoroughly. Wufan indeed looks really worn-out, the bags under his sharp but warm eyes proves it. All Yixing wants right now is to cups Wufan’s face and runs his tiny fingers on his cheeks to support the taller, but he holds himself back since he doesn’t want to cross the line. Who knows Wufan might not like it?

“Alright, big baby, let Mama feed you,” Yixing teases with his dry jokes but he found Wufan chuckles at that nonetheless.

“Say ‘ah~’,” Yixing opens his mouth widely wanting Wufan to do the same. Wufan mirrors his action happily, even though he still cannot believe that he is going to be fed by his long-time crush.

Wufan can’t help but widen his eyes when his eagle eyes caught Yixing eats from the same spoon as him. If Yixing uses the same spoon as I do, that would mean we are doing an indirect kiss. Wufan innermost thought squeals happily. Thank God, I can’t believe you let me kiss my angel!

Wufan then brave himself to glance at Yixing, wanting to see his reaction. But Yixing’s reaction is definitely far from what he expected—the smaller Chinese doesn’t even bother the fact that he use Wufan’s spoon and keeps eating calmly. It’s okay. Wufan thinks. Yixing is too starving, by the way, so what he has in mind is just eat, food, and drink. Besides, Yixing is innocent. Unlike Wufan who keeps thinking about their kiss, Yixing probably will not even thinking about that. Or the thought of indirect kiss never cross his mind since he is as pure as cotton. Wufan’s mind says again as he smiles at Yixing who is busy with their meal, as his eyes never left the plate.

(Little did Wufan know that Yixing is not as pure as cotton like he thought before. The thought of kissing indirectly with Wufan did cross his mind, but Yixing quickly shoves that thought away since the butterflies in his stomach flare up and the tingling sensation is back Yixing is afraid he is going to throw up. And Yixing is one hundred percent aware that Wufan did smile at him with full of affection—and that kind of makes Yixing’s body suddenly warming up, but he pretends like he didn’t know and kept busying himself with the plate in his hand instead.)

Silence fills the air as they eat, since both of them seem to be drowning on their own thoughts and doesn’t even mind sharing their thought with each other. It was only at the two last spoons Wufan decides to ask Yixing about the thing he should have asked from the very beginning.

“Yixing,” Wufan starts in hesitant. Yixing only hums lowly and that is enough for Wufan to continue speaking what is on his mind. “Why are you run away from home? Don’t you miss your parents, your mansion, or your car? I know I shouldn’t meddle on your privacy, but since you’re living with me now, I think I have the right to at least know the reason.”

Upon hearing Wufan’s question, Yixing immediately goes stiff and he tries as best as he could not to look back at Wufan because if he does, he is afraid that he might spill everything out to the taller and he was not planning to do that since he doesn’t want to be a burden to Wufan more than he already is. But on the other hand, Wufan is right. He has full rights to know the reason why Yixing insists on living with Wufan. Wufan has taken a very good care of him more than his parents have ever done for the past nineteen years of his life and that is all he could ask for. Besides, he does believe in Wufan, so it is not a big deal if Wufan knows one way or another.

On the other side, Wufan chews his inner cheek nervously. Did I make him uncomfortable? Yixing keeps silent for a minute full and that kind of makes Wufan scared if he hurts the other male. I guess it would be better if I didn’t ask. Wufan sighs, already admitting his mistake.

“Look, Yixing, you don’t have to answer the question if you don’t want to. You can tell me any time when you’re ready or never at all.”

Yixing finally shifts his gaze to Wufan. He could see the guilt in Wufan’s eyes and for some reason, he doesn’t like it. It is not Wufan’s fault, so he should not have felt guilty.

“It’s okay, Wufan. I was planning to tell you, anyway,” Yixing finally says as he holds Wufan’s hand to erase the guilt that shown on his face. Wufan looks at his hand that being held by Yixing and he can’t help but feel relax after that. Wufan then looks into Yixing’s eyes and found the smaller Chinese is smiling sweetly at him which he returns that sweet smile with his handsome smile almost immediately.

Yixing exhales a deep breath first before he starts to tell Wufan the story why he ended up coercing Wufan to let him live in Wufan’s place.

Yixing tells Wufan that he doesn’t even know what he was thinking at that time. At first, he was just disappointed with his parents as well as his grandparents for arranging him a business marriage with the only heir of a famous Korean businessman when all he wants is a marriage with a man he loves. But that was not the reason why he decided to run away from home though, he only determined to do that when both his parents and his fiancé’s parents forced him to move into his fiancé’s house and starts to inure to live together under the same roof. Yixing told his parents that it is not going to work since they have tried to live together for two weeks before and his so-called fiancé didn’t treat him well. That was why Yixing refused the idea and insisted that he didn’t want to try to live together again with that guy.

“Mama understood my excuses, but Papa didn’t even buy my words and he still forced me to move into that ’s penthouse. I thought I’ve had enough with this arrange marriage thingy, so yeah… I ran away with my bags and phone only without even thinking the consequences,” Yixing sighs sadly. He then lifts his head to face Wufan and suddenly giggling cutely by himself.

“Luckily you found me that night, Wufan,” Yixing’s sour expression is replaced with the cheerful one as he recalled the night when he collided with Wufan.

This new piece of information is too much for Wufan to take, but he is trying as best as he could to understand and keep in mind every single thing Yixing has told him. But what Wufan didn’t understand in that why Yixing didn’t like that guy? Because based on the story Yixing told him, his fiancé is surely rich and he is kind of husband material every men and women dreamt of.

“But what do you mean by he didn’t treat you well? Did he cheat on you?” Wufan can’t help but feel curious. He knew he should not be, but it is just hard to act like you do not care when in fact you really do. And Wufan still cannot believe that there is a man out there who didn’t treat Yixing well when all he wants is to protect the smaller male and shower him with love and even Wufan would do anything to make Yixing happy.

Yixing is taken aback by Wufan’s question, but he answers it nonetheless. “No.”

No, he didn’t cheat on me. He loves me. But he makes me scared.

Wufan sighs in relief and the pressure on his chest has suddenly gone. “Good then. I thought he hurt you.”

Yes, he did it to me sometimes.

“No, he didn’t do such a thing,” Yixing says as he laughs awkwardly. I’m sorry I was lying to you, Wufan. I’m so sorry.

Wufan smiles as he hears the positive answer from the smaller Chinese. Because if his Yixing gave him a negative one, he was sure that he might kill that man with his own bare hands.

“It’s late and you look tired,” Wufan states and as in cue, Yixing starts to yawn. Wufan smiles in adoration as he pats Yixing’s arms slowly. “Go to sleep.”

Yixing nods and starts walking towards Wufan’s bedroom, but then he stops midway when he finally realized Wufan didn’t follow him. Yixing turns and right then he sees Wufan slings his backpack on his shoulder; and to Yixing, it looks like he is going to leave. Yixing’s eyes widen, the smaller Chinese quickly approaches the older one.

“Wufan, where are you going?” Yixing asks with his childish tone as he is childishly tugging at Wufan’s shirt. Wufan stops looping his shoelace and gaze upward at Yixing who (magically) is already standing beside him.

“Work,” Wufan answers simply and then he is back tying his shoelaces. Yixing drops himself at the sofa beside Wufan. He looks like he is going to cry but unfortunately Wufan is too busy to notice that.

“Again?” he asks. The quiver is evident in his voice but he doesn’t care. “Seriously, Wufan! How many jobs you do out there?”

Yixing doesn’t know why he suddenly snaps at the innocent Wufan and why he sounds like a lover who is jealous when his boyfriend spends more times at work than at home, but Yixing just cannot help it. He is tired, he is sleepy, and all Yixing wants is to sleep early in Wufan’s arms. It would be even better if they cuddle a bit before dozing off.

Wait, what?

Wufan, on the other hand, doesn’t seem to mind about the fact that Yixing snapped at him, the taller man just looks at pouting Yixing with full of fondness. Yixing is being cute and act like a spoiled child right now and Wufan feels his heart swell in happiness. Yixing turns his head to the side in attempt to hide his face from Wufan and let the latter know that he is sulking right now as well as his attempt to hide his nervousness for being looked so intensely by his hot college buddy.

Focus, Yixing. Focus.

Wufan grabs Yixing’s wrist and it slowly as he says, “I’m not rich like you, Yixing. I have to work to pay the bills. And now that you’re living with me, I have to work harder than I usually did to fulfill both of our needs.”

It was just simple words, but the words Wufan said successfully melt Yixing down. But Yixing is used to be selfish—he gets what he wants—so he persists in persuading Wufan to stay at home. “You don’t have to, Wufan. You can use my cards to buy everything we need! It’s lucky my parents haven’t blocked my bank account yet.”

Wufan grins at Yixing’s stupid idea. He would not use money that is never his to pay his bills.

“No way, Yixing,” Wufan insists. “I'm a man. Men should be working hard to be success, right? And as a man, I use money from my own effort."

"I always use my parents' money to buy everything I want but as you can see now, I'm still a man," Yixing argues with his arms crossed.

"Really?" Wufan teases. "You don't look like one to me."

"Wufan~" Yixing whines and pinches Wufan's side hardly, causing the taller to groan in pain. But then Wufan lets out a chuckle when he sees Yixing's cute expression.

"Come on, Yixing, be mature," Wufan counsels. "Instead of pouting like a toddler, it would be wise enough if you just go to sleep or study for tomorrow quiz if you don't want to get an E for the fourth times."

"YAH!" Yixing screams as he tries to slap Wufan's arm but unfortunately it missed since the latter has a good reflex. "Fine then. Shoo, just go to work!"

Wufan can't help but laugh his off at Yixing's childish behavior. Yixing shoots Wufan a death glare and that caused Wufan stops laughing, but not completely stops since the taller still makes a sound of amusement from his throat.

"Wufan~" Yixing whines again and Wufan raises his hands up as a sign of surrendering. "Alright, alright," Wufan settles his breathing first. "I'm going to go to work now. Don't you ever open the door for strangers, it's dangerous. Just lock the door and go to sleep."

Yixing cannot do anything except nods, already accepting Wufan to leave him by himself at home. He just cannot be selfish all the time, can he? Besides, Wufan does it for their own good.

Wufan's hand already on the door knob, but Yixing suddenly calls his name and that makes Wufan turns his body immediately. Yixing bites his lips shyly. He cannot believe he is going to ask Wufan to do this for him, but he really needs this to help him reducing his insecurities.

"What is it, Yixing?" Despite being in a rush, Wufan asks Yixing patiently. Yixing's heart is going to explode soon.

"Hug," Yixing finally says as he stretches his arms widely. Wufan's heart swells at the cute sight before him and he will not let Yixing wait long for him to fulfill his demand. Wufan quickly wraps his arms around Yixing's petite body as he hugs his crush tightly. Wufan can feel Yixing snuggle deeper and rubs his nose against his chest, and he replies that gesture with Yixing's hair fondly. Yixing is being too sweet right now, Wufan is afraid he would fall deeper for the smaller male. But what Wufan sure is that he would never miss this rare moments with the love of his life and let this scarce occasion slips away.

"Come home soon, Wufan," Yixing mumbles on Wufan's shirt, but he is lucky enough Wufan could hear that nonetheless. The taller is nodding surely despite knowing Yixing will not see that.

"Rest well, okay?" Wufan whispers beside Yixing's right ear. The action itself sends shivers down Yixing's spine, but the younger likes the sensation. He tightens his hug on Wufan. How can you make me feel this safe, Wufan?

"I'll be back before you know it."

Yeah, I'll be waiting. Be safe, Wufan.

 

Author’s Note:

Special update for yixingmaid and bbiribbom-bberibbom <3

Thank you so much bbiribbom-bberibbom, Geniliya, Rurudo0210, Djatasma, nbeebee, and yokaloveonew for subscribing! *-*

This is the second chapter. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!