CHAPTER 3: I’M SORRY

Hold Me in Your Arms

Author's Note:

yixingmaid: Who doesn't want BF like Wufan? I want one too for myself >.<

Thank you so much kiyoree, Slay_2004_, yuichandesu, Unicornlaylover, isis333, and NeonSkin for subscribing *.*

This is chapter 3. I hope you guys enjoy <3

 

Previous Chapter:

"Come home soon, Wufan," Yixing mumbles on Wufan's shirt, but he is lucky enough Wufan could hear that nonetheless. The taller is nodding surely despite knowing Yixing will not see that.       

"Rest well, okay?" Wufan whispers beside Yixing's right ear. The action itself sends shivers down Yixing's spine, but the younger likes the sensation. He tightens his hug on Wufan.

How can you make me feel this safe, Wufan?

"I'll be back before you know it."

Yeah, I'll be waiting. Be safe, Wufan.

 

            Wufan was still deep in his slumber as he dreams of a very handsome dragon prince in shining armor trying to save a cute, little unicorn from an evil, beast lion king when he hears his front door being knocked rather crudely. Wufan stirs in his sleep, blinking his eyes open just to make sure that he didn’t hear wrong. When the knocking turns into banging, Wufan jolts and is completely wide awake. Wufan looks at the digital clock on the nightstand; it is still thirty minutes to seven. Who the hell banging on my door in this early morning?

Wufan exhales deeply as he looks at the love of his life that is still sleeping peacefully using Wufan’s right arm as a pillow and his tiny right hand is clutching loosely on Wufan’s shirt. Yixing is sure sleeping like a baby; Wufan doesn’t have the heart to wake him up. But the banging on his door is so unbearable for Wufan to take (and he is kind of afraid his door would breaking soon) so he thinks it would be better if he just stands up and quickly open the door, leaving the sleeping Yixing alone on his bed.

As soon as he swung the door open, Wufan doesn’t have a time to shock or simply yell as the uninvited guests impolitely walk past him without even sparing him a glance or two; leisurely barging into his apartment even without his permission as a host. Wufan furrows his thick eyebrows and his mind goes blank completely when he sees the two couples are now sitting elegantly at his sofa; surrounded by another five tall yet intimidating men wearing suits and black shades. Wufan forces his brain to think because he is definitely sure he had seen men in suits and shades before but unfortunately his genius brain seems cannot remember it exactly where and when.

Wufan sighs as he closes the door. Walking lazily to the sofa, he bows politely before he takes a seat on the sofa across the couples. Wufan wants to open his mouth to ask or simply greet them; but the oldest, bald man arrogantly cuts him off even before he had his chance to speak.

            “Wu Yifan, isn’t it?” Wufan blinks slowly as he nods his head in acknowledgement. But he does not speak a word as he lets the man continue, “I’m not going to take a lot of your precious time, I just need your cooperation.”

The old man in front of him surely has the aura of a dictator; Wufan found himself cannot do anything except nods at whatever the old man is speaking.

“Alright, let us start straight to the point. Where do you possibly hide our Zhang Yixing? A little birdie told us that he lives with you now.”

Shoot!

Being asked so straightly about the matter he is determined to keep it as a secret as long as he could makes Wufan’s throat suddenly goes dry and he could feel his heart has stopped beating for a while as an impact.

Where the hell did this man know? Wufan thinks to himself.

Suddenly Wufan saw a memory flashes back before his very eyes; and that is when he realizes that the forgotten information he's been thinking just now is finally answered. He clearly remembers now where and when he saw these types of men who wear suits along with shades even in the evening.

So these men are Yixing’s body guards, huh? Wufan mentally smirks inside.

But his victorious smirks soon replaced with the look of horror on his face as he realizes something very important. Thus, it means that the couples in front of me must be both Yixing’s parents and grandparents then?!

Only God knows how much Wufan wants to cry right there and then.

Even though at first Wufan did not want Yixing to stay at his apartment, he cannot help but being selfish yet cautious when he realizes that his precious Yixing is going to be taken away from him by The Zhang.

“I apologize, Sir, but I don’t know where he is,” Wufan answers confidently, lying through his teeth. He feels really sorry for lying to The Zhang, but he fully understands how Yixing clearly does not want to go back to his mansion again (and because Wufan himself does not want Yixing to leave him alone), so he thought it would be okay to lie a little if it means he can protect Yixing—his Yixing—from any danger.

The man clicks his tongue and smiles cynically. He looks at Wufan straight into his eyes; Wufan’s palms start sweating from the nervousness, but the youngest Chinese tries hard not to show it to the oldest Zhang.

“I know you’re lying, young man,” the man speaks again. “Yixing must have told you the reason why he ran away from home so you’re trying to protect him now. Am I wrong?”

Wufan is left speechless. How come this man read my mind so easily? Wufan shifts his gaze to his lap, afraid that the oldest Chinese in front of him would read his mind again if he keeps locking eyes with the old man.

“Wufan,” the youngest lady calls his name. Wufan lifts his head and looks directly at the lady. The lady is very beautiful; she is the type of woman every man in this world would compete just to win her heart. And just by the soft voice she just used to call him, Wufan could easily tell that she is Yixing’s mother.

No wonder Yixing got a beautiful face and a sweet, soft, calming voice. Wufan thinks to himself.

“Wufan, I’m Yixing’s Mama. Please,” the lady, who turns out to be Mrs. Zhang, suddenly grabs his hand and holds it in her tiny ones. “Please tell us where Yixing is. I miss him, Wufan. I miss my one and only son.”

A single tear starts to drop from the lady’s eyes and soon after, she turns to weep buckets of tears. Even though she cries very softly, the cry itself manage to slice Wufan’s heart. Wufan feels like a complete bastard, but deep inside his heart he knows he does not want to lose Yixing just yet.

Wufan sighs slowly as he chews his lower lips. No matter how hard he tries to be selfish, he knows he cannot since he always has a soft spot for a crying woman; especially this one, when his angel’s mother come to him and crying her heart out because she is missing someone that is so precious, so dearly to her. (Just like how precious and dearly Yixing is to Wufan.)

Wufan wants to give in and just tells The Zhang that ‘Yixing is in my room. You can take him back if you want, but please take a good care of him for me’ but in the end he chooses to keep his mouth shut and just let The Zhang believe in his lie that the person they are looking for is not with him. But unfortunately, Yixing’s Mama could tell that he is hiding something from them. Call it mother’s instinct or whatever, but Yixing’s Mama suddenly asks the question he has been avoiding it for so long.

“Wufan, do you…” Mrs. Zhang’s voice sounds so hesitant, but she keeps asking it nonetheless. “Do you, by any chance, love my son?”

Despite his heart is palpitating furiously against his chest, Wufan managed to keep his calm expression and smiles politely at the beautiful lady. Wufan really wants to tell the truth that ‘Yes, I do love your son more than I love my own self’ but another side of him gives him a painful warning.

You are no match for Yixing, Wufan. Don’t hope too high. “No, Mrs. Zhang. We are just college friends, nothing more happened between us.”

Right after Wufan gave the false answer to Mrs. Zhang’s question, Wufan swears he saw the disappointment look clearly shown in Mrs. Zhang’s chestnut orbs when his eyes meet hers.

“Alright, then it’s settled,” Mrs. Zhang then says, somehow her voice sounds colder—too cold for both Wufan’s ears. (Wufan mentally wonders why she suddenly changed her voice from the sweet and calming tone to the cold and ignorant one.)

Did I say something wrong?

Wufan cannot drown in his own thought forever, since the lady starts to continue talking again. “Since you’re not in a romantic relationship with my son, I guess I have to take my own son to come back home with us. I think he’s better to leave this scary, disgusting place as soon as possible. Now, where is my son?”

The truth is, Wufan’s heart is wounded so badly by Mrs. Zhang’s rather rude comment about his apartment conditions but he tries not to think a lot about it since her statement is kind of true, anyway. But on the other hand, Wufan is so grateful Mrs. Zhang gave him hurtful comment that made him finally realize that he has been so stupid and pathetic all these times.

How come he feels so confident and thinks that Yixing is happy to live with him? Those adorable smiles Yixing gave him every single time did not mean that he is happy, right? Maybe if Yixing had any other choices, he would not choose to live with poor man like Wufan. Maybe if Yixing had given better options, he would choose to live with Leo instead of living with Wufan. Anyone with clear minds would think thrice to live with a poor, broke man like him.

“He’s… Yixing is in my room,” Wufan finally reveals. It is no use to lie anymore. He already realized that he screwed everything up, so there is no point to keep it a secret anymore. Besides, Yixing would live better if he is back to his family. Even though it means there will no Yixing to spend another day with him anymore, he would be fine as long as Yixing is happy. Yixing’s happiness is always Wufan’s priority, anyway.

The oldest Zhang gestures their private body guards to go get Yixing in Wufan’s bedroom. Those men nod in unison and immediately fulfill the order without another word. Wufan groans in pain when suddenly one of those men twist both of his hands on his back too tightly as if they are afraid that he would block their way to get Yixing back. Wufan hisses lowly because the grips get tighter each second he believes his wrists would bruise soon.

But the pain on his wrists turns out nothing compares to the pain on his heart when he hears Yixing’s muffled scream “Wufan, help!” from their bedroom. Only God knows how much Wufan wanted to help his angel but he couldn’t.

It’s okay, Wufan, Yixing deserves to live better more than you can provide.

Wufan wants to break free from the tightness grip courtesy of The Zhang’s body guard, but then he stops trying as he sees his precious Yixing being dragged coarsely by the other men only to be handed over to his family. Mrs. Zhang immediately engulfs her only son into a tight, bone crashing hug and Yixing’s strands softly as she lets out words full of gratitude because in the end she found her dearly beloved son.

“Yixing, sweetheart, let’s go home, okay?” Mrs. Zhang pleads as she keeps smothering Yixing’s face with light kisses. “Mama misses you so bad.”

Yixing hugs his Mama back since he misses her so much too, but he cannot go with his Mama’s idea. He does not want to come home; he wants to be here with Wufan, not to spend the rest of his life with his fiancé. “I miss you too, Mama. But I don’t want to go home.”

All pair of eyes widen immediately as soon as Yixing released his statement. Yixing’s grandfather looks so angry right now—it shown clearly at how his face turns so completely red, but it turns out that it is Yixing’s father who cannot control his anger as he immediately snaps and raises his voice at his son. “No way! You go pack your things and leave this place right now!”

“No, I don’t want to go, Papa! I’ve told you that I don’t want to live with that Kim!” Yixing stubbornly insists as he cries hysterically. He wants to run to Wufan and just be safe in the taller Chinese’s arms, but his grandmother avoids him to do so by entwining their hands tautly.

Mr. Zhang’s patience are running thin; so to avoid him beating up his only son with his bare hands, he gives a secret code to the body guards for them to carry Yixing to their car. One of those men in suits quickly carries Yixing bridal style while the other four swiftly follow behind. The Zhang give Wufan one last glance and nod their head slightly as a farewell before they take their steps to walk out to the front door.

As soon as the door closed, tears start to roll down on Wufan’s face.

Wufan pretends he did not see Yixing secretly stretches his right hand behind his body guard's back as if asking Wufan to hold his hand and save him.

Wufan pretends he did not hear Yixing’s constant screams outside his door begging for his help.

Wufan pretends that the image of his angel’s crying did not shatter his heart into pieces.

Wufan pretends that the memories he shared with Yixing these past few days mean nothing to him.

Wufan tells himself repeatedly that everything is going to be okay.

Because he believes that Yixing would be okay even after leaving his apartment. He believes Yixing would be okay because he has a perfect fiancé to take a very good care of him. And he is one hundred percent sure that he is going to be okay even without Yixing by his side.

Because Wufan is sure he will be fine even he has to let go of the apple of his eyes.

Contrast to the thick silence that currently fill the air, Wufan could hear his heart falling to million pieces loud and clear.

 

 

“Hey, Wu, what happen between you and Zhang Yixing?” Kyungsoo tries to keep his voice as low as possible by whispering the question next to his giant best friend’s right ear, making sure the taller Chinese could hear it clearly. Unlike any other day, the library is so quiet and not utterly crowded right now; and Kyungsoo takes advantage of that by asking Wufan the question that has been lingering on his mind since their first and second class.

Wufan, on the other hand, can only sigh in desperation as he secretly condemns his fate why does he have a mini, Korean version of Sinichi Kudou from a popular Japanese manga Detective Conan as his best friend. It is not like Wufan does not want to tell the small, doe-eyed Korean about what happened with him and Yixing this morning, he just has not prepared to give the latter a proper answer yet.

“Nothing happened between us,” Wufan answers calmly, way too calm for Kyungsoo’s liking. But Kyungsoo did not spend every single day with Wufan for nothing; he could tell easily that behind his so-called best friend’s calmness, the tall Chinese is hiding something from him. Kyungsoo was not a patient man, so he closes the book Wufan is reading and forces the blonde man to look at him directly.

“Tell me the truth, Wufan,” Kyungsoo demands firmly. “We promised to never lie to each other no matter what happen.”

Wufan slowly massages his temples as he remembered the sacred agreement they both have made almost over a year ago—where they promised to always honest to each other, since honesty is the main key for a successful relationship.

Kyungsoo was right and Wufan truthfully did not have any intention to hide this matter from his one and only college best friend. He just… needs the time.

“What made you think that way?” Before answering to Kyungsoo’s question, Wufan throws a question back since he wants to hear the reason why the former suddenly suspects something happened between him and his long-time crush, Yixing.

“Easy,” Kyungsoo flicks his thumb and forefinger together. “During our first class this morning, I observed how Yixing looked so sad and you looked so desperate—”

“Hey, I’m not desperate!” Wufan suddenly argues, unconsciously raising his tone a pitch higher than usual but sadly his tiny best friend paid no attention and keeps talking.

“—shut up, Wufan!” Kyungsoo snarls fiercely. “And both of you didn’t act like usual. And when I paid more attention to Yixing, he looked pale, lifeless, and kept sighing every two seconds. Then again, Yixing didn’t attend the second class as I saw he quickly left the room right after he was done with his quiz in the first class. We both know even though Yixing isn’t a very diligent student, he’ll always attend every class if he’s not sick.”

Kyungsoo decides to pause for a while since he saw Wufan seems too lost on his deep thoughts (and because it kind of gives a dramatic effect for his story as well).

It is true though; Wufan had been too busy with his heart problem until he did not pay much attention to Yixing today. He was too occupied with his mind until he did not aware that his angel was sad and forlorn. Wufan mentally wants to beat himself for being an insensitive bastard today.

, what have I done?

Sensing Wufan will not giving any respond yet, Kyungsoo chooses to continue. “And then not so long after, I saw his chauffeur and body guards picked him up like nothing happened and whoosh, they’re gone.”

The truth is: Kyungsoo’s explanation kind of giving Wufan headache, but the latter thinks it would be wise if he does not tell Kyungsoo directly about that since he already knew too well that the small Korean would throw tantrums if he did. “So, your point is?”

Kyungsoo grins like a cat and Wufan would be lying if he tells that it did not scare him. “You and Yixing didn’t go home together today, that’s why.”

Wufan has this mind battle whether to spill the whole story to the little devil beside him right now or later; but then his eyes shift to the big clock on the wall, and that is when he finally made up his decision. It is fifteen minutes to three, which means their shift as part-time librarians has ended fifteen minutes ago.

“You said you have an appointment with that Jongin guy at my work place, right?” Wufan suddenly asks. Kyungsoo nods his head surely even though he is slightly confuse at the sudden change of topic that Wufan brought. “Alright, I’ll tell you the whole story there. Now, come on!”

 

 

“How many times do I have to tell you, Kim stupid Jongin, that it is PHARYNX that was a part of human digestive system, not LARYNX!” Kyungsoo spat furiously at the poor high school boy in front of him named Kim Jongin.

It was hilarious, really, but Minseok pities the tan skinned guy so bad (since he himself could not understand Biology that much when he was in high school five years ago), while Wufan pities his little best friend instead. Ever since they started their tutoring session thirty minutes ago, Kyungsoo has been barking to the silver-haired guy for the umpteenth time now—both Wufan and Minseok had lost count of it after the first five minutes. Good thing they chose a table that quite far from the other customers, so Kyungsoo’s loud barking voice did not irritate the café visitors and did not gain any attention from the other guests.

“I’m sorry, baby, I forgot,” the said high school student replies half-heartedly; ignoring Kyungsoo’s shouting “Call me hyung, you disrespectful brat!” as he opts to fix his eyes at his cellphone above the table that flashes a big BABE on the screen instead. “Oops, sorry, my sixth girlfriend is calling. I’ll be back soon, baby.”

Yah, you better get lost and don’t ever come back!” Kyungsoo yells like an old lady and throws Jongin’s Biology book with so much strength; secretly hoping that book would struck the playboy right in the head, so it could magically make the senior-year student’s brain turns into normal. (Since Jongin’s brain was full of , , dating, and hot chicks.)

Unfortunately though, the book hit Wufan instead of Jongin. Wufan curses “What the , Soo!” under his breath—but it was loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear that—as he massages his poor forehead which turns an angry red courtesy of Do Kyungsoo and , it hurts and makes him slight dizzy.

“Oh my God, Wufan!” Kyungsoo squeaks in panic as he rushes himself to help Wufan gathering his tray and the customers’ bills that lying on the floor. Minseok, who is busy with his financial statement as always, just sighs tiredly watching his friends’ stupid antics. (And note this; he did not even bother to help.)

“So sorry, Wufan, I thought it’d hit Jongin! I don’t know if it was you instead,” Kyungsoo keeps saying sorry since he had just hurt his one and only best friend, even if it was not his first intention. Wufan, being a very soft-hearted person he is, patting Kyungsoo’s shoulder to calm him down and tells the smaller that even though it hurts a bit, it was not a big deal and he still can handle the pain.

“Does it still hurt, Wufan?” Kyungsoo asks as he rubs Wufan’s forehead soothingly with his thumb. Wufan shakes his head and tells him that he is fine now, so Kyungsoo did not have to worry. But the small Korean insists to keep rubbing the taller Chinese’s forehead until he is one hundred percent sure it does not hurt anymore. And right then, Jongin suddenly pops out from nowhere and now he is standing right between the Chinese and Korean best friends.

“What the hell are you doing?” Jongin eyes Kyungsoo sharply, as if Kyungsoo did something stupid and noxious. Jongin does not like what he saw, he does not know why; but what Kyungsoo does to Wufan irritates him so much.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, just glances at his angry student from the corner of his eyes, and the older Korean did not even bother to give the younger a proper reply as he leaves him hanging. That is when the student finally snaps, “Hey, mini, I’m talking to you!”

Only God knows how much Kyungsoo wants to slap the student for calling him ‘mini’ despite being two years younger than him, but he holds his anger in since he does not want to make a scene at Wufan’s work place that can caused troubles to the Chinese male. “It’s none of your business. Go do your homework; I’ll go check on it later.”

“Tsk,” Jongin clicks his tongue loudly—feeling slightly dejected—as he shifts his gaze to Wufan and gives the taller his famous death glare first before snorting and then walks away to his table.

Wufan blinks his eyes innocently. “What’s wrong with your student? He looked like he’s going to eat me.”

Kyungsoo slaps Wufan’s broad shoulder in a harsh way which makes the taller hiss in pain and swearing at the shorter automatically. “Stop thinking about him, it will give you headache. Now, let’s talk about you and Yixing.”

Kyungsoo motions his head towards Minseok’s table; sending a message to Wufan through his eyes that they are going to have their small talk there. Wufan got the message and nods his head almost immediately as he quickly follows along behind the tiny male.

Now they are sharing the table with the one and only Park and Byun’s Patisserie accountant—Minseok—and with Chanyeol too, since the owner of the café suddenly joins them on the same table just now; leaving the frustrating Jongin on his own with his Biology homework two tables away from them.

“Now, spill,” the smallest male repositions his chair and uprights his back so that he could hear Wufan’s story comfortably.

Chanyeol’s ears unconsciously twitch in excitement at the sudden mention of the word spill. “Who’s going to tell us a story?”

The rest of men roll their eyes lazily at their boss’ childish behavior, while in fact the second tallest male is almost twenty-seven. Wufan replies with a mumble “I do” and the café owner jumps in his seat happily. Minseok and Kyungsoo are trying hard not to roll their eyes for the second time.

“What to spill? It’s clear enough for you to understand. Yixing didn’t stay with me anymore, he has returned to his parents,” Wufan randomly sips the iced green tea latte on the table which he assumes that it was Minseok’s since the accountant glared at him as he drank his latte. But Wufan does not care though; he needs something cold to cool down the flames in his heart. “His family and their private body guards suddenly appeared in front of my door while I was still sleeping. His mother pleaded to me as they wanted to take Yixing back with them and who am I to say no?”

Kyungsoo whacks Wufan hard at the back of his head as the tiny male scolds his best friend in frustration for being so stupid, imbecile giant because the Chinese male had just stupidly let his golden chance slipped away. Wufan takes all the insults half-heartedly; because at one side he cursed himself as well for making a further distance between him and Yixing, while another side of him praising himself for doing the right thing (at least he thought it was).

Minseok blinks his eyes innocently as he watches his friends fighting childishly, but he ignores it and chooses to continue his work that he’d left off instead—journalizing the café weekly revenue and expenses, since he does not have any idea who is this Yixing they talked about and what was their problem.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, has been long lost on his own thoughts. Just like Minseok, he did not know this Yixing before. But how does he feel like he knows him? Because as far as he remembers, he did not have any acquaintance named Yixing and he is one-hundred percent sure he had not met someone whose name is Yixing as well.

Or… is he Baekhyun’s friend? The Dobi-like Korean male blinks slowly as he tries to remember the man named Yixing who’s got strict parents and always flanked by the body guards wherever he goes.

After some time thinking, the café owner finally shrugs his shoulder carelessly as he is slowly giving up. Maybe he must have heard that name somewhere. Or maybe there was one of those customers he had served before whose name is Yixing.

Yeah, that could be it, Chanyeol thinks. Soon enough, he breaks from his reverie as he hears Kyungsoo warned Wufan with a very, very serious tone.

“Listen, Wufan,” Kyungsoo locks his gaze with Wufan’s as he stands slowly from his chair because the school brat Jongin was already screaming his name, asking for a help. “I won’t lie to you that I’m kind of disappointed with your decision to let your eternal love go. But as your best friend, I really hope that your so-called decision was the right one so you don’t have to regret it later.”

With that, Kyungsoo leaves Wufan who’s having mind battle with his own self with two pairs of eyes—that was Minseok’s and Chanyeol’s—intensely staring at him and that caused Wufan starts to questioning his decision.

I’ve made the right one, right?

 

 

It is 11:00PM right on the dot when Wufan has finally done with his after-work routine; that is: refreshing both his mind and muscles after spending a very long and tiring day under the warm water of shower in the bathroom. After putting on his favorite white thin t-shirt and wearing his black shorts, Wufan walks to his wardrobe only to collect the clothes he borrowed from Mrs. Hu. He thinks he does not need those clothes anymore (since Yixing is not here anymore, Wufan sadly thinks), so he is planning to just return those clothes to the couple next door tonight.

But Wufan does not manage to return it to the owner though, because all he did was unconsciously dropping the clothes right three seconds after he opened his front door and now those clothes were scattering around the floor helplessly.

There; in front of him, in this almost midnight, the love of his life was standing alone—looking so fragile as ever, with blue lips trembling hard and hot, fresh tears streaming down his pretty but swollen face. Yixing is not wearing any sweater or jacket at this moment, so it makes Wufan could easily spot the ugly bruise on his upper arm above his soft, pale, milky skin.

Yixing looks at Wufan with expectant eyes. His usual beautiful, breath-taking eyes were now glassy it makes Wufan’s heart ache so much. Wufan gulps down a sudden lump in his throat before he manages to ask the smaller Chinese what is he doing alone in this late at night here in front of his apartment door. Yixing does not answer; he just leave the question hanging as he throws another question to the older Chinese.

“Wufan, can I… can I come in? It’s so cold here,” Yixing asks hesitantly between his hiccups and Wufan, who always has a soft spot for the younger, does not even planning to reject Yixing’s request because he clearly notices that Yixing looks so undeniably awful and how his voice was shaking whenever he speaks (or Wufan just simply misses and longing for the beautiful male so he could not even say no), so Wufan just nods his head without a word as he lets Yixing in. Yixing mutters a soft “Thank you” to which Wufan does not reply since he is busy recollecting the clothes that is spreading on the floor and then carefully locking his door.

It was indeed cold—colder than the most of nights before; but Wufan does not expect Yixing’s skin to be as cold as ice when he cups the latter’s face and caresses his cheeks softly, feeling the coldness against his fingertips. At this time Wufan just wants to kiss Yixing so bad and gives the smaller Chinese the comfortable warmth through his lips; but he knows he could not do that, not when he already knew that Yixing’s got a fiancé. So Wufan could only trace the pad of his thumb at Yixing’s lower-lip; which has surprised Wufan because it feels so unbelievably soft even though it looks so chapped and Wufan just cannot get enough of that feeling.

Only it was right then when Wufan can clearly see that the corner of Yixing’s mouth was slightly cut open, bleeding, and there are apparent trails of dried blood around it—Wufan cannot help but widens his eyes in horror. Then he finally realizes that the swell on Yixing’s face was not because of the younger Chinese was crying too much (and so did the bruises on his upper arms that was not because of Yixing was cold).

Someone’s had harmed his baby. Wufan clenches his teeth in anger.

Noticing that there is a fire in Wufan’s eyes and how the taller Chinese looks like he is going to mince every little cute and innocent kitten in the world, Yixing quickly forces his brain to think intelligently so that he could tell Wufan a reasonable explanation. “Wufan, it’s—”

But Wufan is quick enough to press his forefinger above Yixing’s lips; because he needs Yixing to stop talking first so he could think clearly and properly. “No, save your explanation later. We need to treat your wound as soon as possible. Now, follow me.”

Yixing nods obediently as he follows the taller Chinese to his bedroom (But Yixing loves to call it their room though). Despite his lips was still bleeding and how it hurts like hell every time he stretched his lips, Yixing manages to smile shyly from ear to ear because Wufan has just slipped his fingers between Yixing’s and lacing them together all the way to his bedroom. (The truth is: Yixing likes the way Wufan’s big and warm hands holding him tight.)

Wufan breaks their contact just to grip Yixing on the shoulder as he helps the hurting male to sit properly above his bed. Yixing shoots Wufan a confuse look, but Wufan only wipes away the dried tears on Yixing’s cheeks before smiling warmly to the other Chinese. “Stay here for a while, okay? I’ll be right back.”

Yixing only replies with a small yet full smile, but Wufan was happy enough to receive that smile because Yixing’s smile was very pure and genuine—it shakes Wufan’s heart. But the older Chinese tries to not think much about it as he lets his feet stride off the room.

And right after Wufan left the room, Yixing is smiling all too happily to himself as he lets his fingers dancing and tracing on the soft sheets where they used to sleep together. The younger Chinese does not even know what had just possessed him, but he found himself cannot do anything but to sniff and deeply inhales Wufan’s pillow; taking all the manly scent that left there as much as he could. And then,  without a warning, he squeals in a pitch higher like teenage girls in love. (And Yixing is quite lucky because his not-so manly squeals were completely muffled by the pillow.)

But much to Yixing's disappointment, it did not take long for Wufan to finally come back to their shared room though. Approximately a minute later, the pillow's owner is already sitting beside Yixing on the bed with hands are full of medic equipment and first-aid kit. Yixing almost fell from the bed when Wufan suddenly opened the door (when he was still busy enjoying Wufan's natural scent); and now the said man is sitting stiffly beside Wufan with Wufan’s pillow on his lap and there are obvious shades of pink tainting his cheeks.

“It’ll hurt a bit, but hold on, okay? You can hold my wrist if it hurts so much,” Wufan says as he drip the antiseptic into a bowl of water. Yixing nods too eagerly, but he does not care. “I’ll start now.”

After immersing the soft cotton into antiseptic water, Wufan slowly yet carefully presses the cotton to clean the dried blood at the corner of Yixing’s mouth; only to press it once again to sterilize the wound. Yixing wails cutely (this is from Wufan's point of view) as hot tears starting to form in his eyes. Wufan has to caress Yixing's thigh slowly to soothe him down and thank God, it works. The wound looks so bad and deep; Wufan has to be extra careful not to neither hurt Yixing nor causing any infection.

Wufan takes out new cotton from the first-aid kit—since the old cotton was already full with Yixing's blood—and uses it to clean Yixing’s wound once again. Yixing grips Wufan on the wrist hard. Not because it hurts—yes, it hurts but not that much, but Yixing just wants to hold Wufan and feels safe and be okay because Wufan always protects him.

“There,” Wufan smiles in relief after he is done treating Yixing’s lips and smearing ointment on Yixing’s blue, swollen cheek and upper arm. “It’s done. It’ll heal soon, don’t worry.”

“Thanks, Wufan, you’re really kind,” was Yixing’s reply and Wufan gives the younger Chinese his stupid, gummy smile in return.

Their treating the wounds session has ended many minutes ago; but when Wufan is looking down, he sees Yixing’s tiny hand is still gripping tightly on his wrist. (Wufan has to bite his lower-lip to not smiling widely like an idiot.)

Yixing, being aware that Wufan is eyeing his hand on the taller's wrist and thought that Wufan is uncomfortable with the contact, almost pulls out his hand in a haste. But Wufan is quick enough stop his action by interlacing their fingers together and locks Yixing’s hand with his. (Only God knows how much Yixing wants to squeal and jumping around because he is too happy.)

Wufan, on the other hand, feels like he wants to slay someone with his own bare hands. Using a rusted, big hammer; he wants to hit that person right on the head until he is dead and throw his/her dead body to the sea full of sharks.

Yeah, that person is someone who’d hurt his Yixing.

Silence fills the air and Yixing feels so uncomfortable. Wufan was deep in his own thought and Yixing does not want to interrupt him, but somehow the thick air is choking him up. Yixing was planning to break Wufan from his reverie; but instead of him, it was Wufan himself who does that.

“How long have you been waiting alone in front of my door, Yixing?” Wufan asks with flaming eyes lock to Yixing’s; so that way he could read better the smaller Chinese’s emotions through his brownish caramel orbs.

“An hour or so, I guess,” Yixing drops his gaze to the pillow on his lap because he kind of feels Wufan would angry at him for showing up again in his apartment. But it is wrong though, since Wufan would not be angry at his angel. Ever.

“Why didn’t you knock? The temperature is so low, you know. You could freeze yourself to death if you just stood there for a long time,” Wufan counsels in worry. He squishes Yixing’s hand and forces the latter to look into his eyes and it works.

“I’m sorry,” Yixing bites his lower lip in guilty, Wufan has to use his other hand to stop Yixing from chewing his lip since the wound on his lips has not fully recovered yet. “I thought you won’t like it if I come to your apartment again.”

Wufan furrows his thick eyebrows in confusion. “You know it’s not true, Yixing, what made you think like that?”

Yixing shifts his gaze to Wufan and the older Chinese is completely sure he could see the hurt in his angel's eyes. “Because you sent me away this morning, so I thought you don’t want me here anymore. I know somehow you’ll be sick and tired for having me around, but I don’t expect it to be this soon.”

Wufan could feel his heart drops to the lowest level of his stomach after hearing Yixing's innocent admission. He did not mean that way, really; he just wants Yixing to come back to where he belongs because he thought Yixing would be happier if he lives with his parents like he used to, not because he does not want Yixing around him anymore.

(Gosh, he just made a terrible mistake then.)

And Wufan hates it so much when Kyungsoo is right. He is indeed the stupid, imbecile giant who foolishly let his angel, the apple of his eyes go away just because his limited consideration towards the smaller Chinese.

Dear God, please forgive me for hurting your beautiful angel. Wufan prays inwardly.

“I just… You looked like you missed your Mama!” Wufan pulls out his blonde hair in frustration. “I’m sorry, Yixing, you know I didn’t mean that way. I thought you might want to live with your parents again, so I didn’t do anything to hold you back.”

“But I already told you that I don’t want to come back home again because my parents will force me to live with my fiancé,” Yixing argues with slight pout as he squeeze Wufan’s pillow to release his tantrum.

“I know, I know,” Wufan, who cannot stay mad at his angel, quickly smiles as he ruffles Yixing’s soft strands to which the younger replies with sticking out his tongue at Wufan and the older Chinese chuckles happily. "That's why I apologized to you. I was wrong, okay? So will this Young Master forgive me?"

Wufan lets out a laughter as he pulls Yixing to lay down on the bed next to him; Yixing lands down on the mattress with a soft "Oof!" and he sends a glare to his college buddy, but soon he laughs whole-heartedly as he gives Wufan a light punch on his gut.

"So, does that mean I can stay with you again from now on?" Yixing expects. He braves himself to turn his head to the side so he is face-to-face with the taller Chinese.

(Yixing would not lie that he wished the older Chinese to let him stay again.)

I want to be with you, Wufan. So please say yes.

Wufan squints his eyes and buzzes lowly as he pretends to think deeply; and that makes Yixing bites his inner cheek in worry. The younger Chinese suddenly breaks their eye-contacts because he feels stupid for asking Wufan.

Of course he doesn't want you, Yixing. Who are you to him? He won't—

"Only if you tell me what happened with your beautiful face."

 

 

It takes all of Yixing's strength not to faint right there and then because Wufan has just called him beautiful.