My annoying non-blood little sister

Destiny Equals You and Me

I was dancing with a masked girl in a place full of flowers, I feel like I am in heaven but then the music suddenly stopped. The girl I am dancing with also stopped dancing and tried to break free off my hold. When she succeeded she started to walk away from me but I held her hand to stop her.

“Wait, please don’t go yet! I want to spend this whole night with you and I haven’t seen your face yet. Can you please take off your mask so I could see you clearly?” she just held my hand and caressed my face.

“I am sorry but I can’t Tabi. Take care and goodbye!” and with just like that she disappeared.

Tabi, Tabi, Tabi

I could still hear her angelic voice but as she keep on calling my name her voice became more familiar to me. Isn’t it Sansan’s voice? Realization hit me and my eyes fluttered then I heard my best friend scream.

“Tabi wake-up, we’ll be late for school if you won’t budge! Oppa, get your freaking lazy off the bed right now!” I tried to ignore her loud voice and went back to sleep.

“Ya Choi Seung Hyun if you won’t wake up this instant, I will make sure that you can’t see even a single bear brick in your room. I swear that I’ll chuck them off that window of yours!” Sansan shouted again. That did it, I am wide awake now; I jerked up from my bed and rubbed my eyes. Through experience I know that she is serious. When she says that she will throw my bear bricks she really would, she’s not joking for she already did it once. From that moment I learned to believe what she threatened to do every time. She’s such a headache but I still love her, she’s like the sister I never had.

“Sandara Park you don’t have to be so loud and threaten my precious bear bricks!” I fixed my bed and she’s still nagging. I really can’t imagine how much energy is stored in that frail body of hers as I keep on hearing her loud voice.

“If I won’t do that we’ll arrive at our school too early for our last period! So please hurry up and get ready for I haven’t had my breakfast yet and it is because of some stupid people who can’t wake up by just themselves and-”I decided to cut her off and tried to a little.

“Okay, okay, okay! I’ll get ready now. If only you could only leave for me to have some privacy? Or are you willing to join me in the shower?” I grinned.

“Oh he wants to have some privacy, waeyo? Are you afraid that I will tell our classmates your weird bathing habits?”

Dang, she’s so witty that it ended up me being pissed, so I shouted.

“Ya Park Sandara stop pissing me this instant or I swear that you won’t be able to see Tamtamie again, arasso?” I tried to threaten her but she just laughed at me and walked away so I followed her. When we were already at my door she suddenly faced me. I was stunned because of our closeness but I tried to hide it so I squinted my eyes at her. She just gave me her infamous smirk.

“Ahm don’t forget to brush your teeth because your breath stinks!” I was rooted on the spot, cheeks burning without even knowing if I am mad at her or just simply embarrassed. Luckily though she ran off and never had the chance of seeing my pitiful reaction because if she did it’ll be the end of me for she will tease me endlessly. So instead of running after her I just bent all my frustrations on my poor door after shouting at her.

 I went to the bathroom and started to get ready for school, as I was just finishing up I caught glimpse at a picture of me and Sansan. It was taken at a photo booth a few years ago, we’re doing some cute and dorky poses; that memory brought smile to my face.

Sansan and I had been friends ever since I can remember, I feel comfortable being with her that I could tell her almost everything and so is she. People tend to mistake us for a couple but we really are not. She’s my non-blood sister and I will do all my best to protect her like a brother does to her little sister. A smile appeared on my face as memories of us continue flooding; she’s such a huge part of my life that she became a vital part of it.

Walking towards the dining room I saw her with my parents laughing and talking endlessly. She is a part of our family that she even has her own place at our house; her own bedroom, place at our dining table and she calls my parent omma and appa (though I also call her parent omma and appa!). I saw how happy my parents are when she is with them, Sansan is like the daughter they never had. I kissed my parents when I reached the table, took the seat beside Sansan and pinched her cheeks.

“Oppa that hurts!” she pouted and scrunched her nose while rubbing her cheeks I just pinched. It made her look so cute that I can’t help but laugh!

“Seung Hyun stop teasing Dara!” my father glared at me playfully while mom nodded.

“Are you guys seriously my parents? Why is it that you always take her side and not mine?” I whined which earned a chuckle from all of them

“That is because I am way cuter and better daughter than you Tabi!” Sansan teased me again.

”Aish, this girl never runs out of words!” I thought.

“Care to tell me that again?” I acted mad and frowned at her.

“Kids stop bickering and just start eating. You don’t want to be late right?” my mom reprimanded us and started to serve us food, of course she filled Sansan’s plate first. I saw her eyes brightened at the mere sight of food. I held my urge to laugh at her reaction for I am still pretending that I am mad at her. She must have noticed my silence because I heard her mutter.

“I am so sorry for pissing you Tabi oppa.” And I felt her hand gently tapping my shoulder. When I looked at her direction she gave me her signature puppy-pleading-eyes which I can’t resist so I nodded ay smiled. The reaction was instant, her face lightened up as she smiled and hugged me.  She started to spoon-feed me and I did the same to her, it is normal for us to do that after our fights. So we finished it up by wiping off the traces of oil and ketchup in our faces.

I saw my son and Dara spoon-feeding each other unmindful of their surroundings. Every time I see these two bickering and made up in an instant, being sweet to each other I can’t help but reminiscent my younger days with my husband. They remind me of how we were when we are young and just starting our relationship.

I am not insensitive not to know Dara’s true feelings towards my son. He must have not inherited my senses because he is so dense like my husband! Seung Hyun stubbornly says that their relationship is purely non-romantic. I am just hoping that my son would soon realize that Dara loves him more than a sister/best friend.

Though I admit that I really want my son to end up with Dara so I keep on hoping that my son would soon realize what he will lose if he continue being insensitive. Even the most effective drug expires if unused, so I believe that if my son will continue to ignore Dara or will realize it too late he may lose Dara forever. I am just crossing my finger and continue praying that it won’t happen.

When I shifted my gaze away from them I met the wary stare of my husband and when I saw his eye’s expression I knew that we are both thinking of the same thing.