Too Late?

Destiny Equals You and Me

The last one to perform will be Sansan and Jaejoong. Everyone’s on the verge of their seats especially Jaejoong’s fan girls they can’t wait to see the performance since they weren’t allowed to watch him practice even I don’t know what to expect because I haven’t been able to watch them in their rehearsal.

The lights dimmed and a soft sound coming from a piano made the anticipating audience silent, on my peripheral vision I saw omma taking a video. The curtain opened revealing Sansan playing on a piano; everyone was mesmerized by her as she looks so serenely beautiful while her hands are tapping the ivory keys. I heard a few gasps behind me especially when the spotlight hit her accentuating her porcelain skin adorned with body glitters.

When she sang the first few lines of the song a video played on the screen above. It was her and Jaejoong running around the campus both looked flushed but smiles are evident on their faces. Jaejoong wiped Sansan’s face as they reached the shade of a tree.

I thought that my heart will forever be

Untouched like the treasure underneath the sea

I never imagined this will happen to me

For I’ve always believe, love does not exists in reality

 

But his lovely smile makes my day

His touch takes my breath away

His tantalizing eyes never fail to make me sway

With him by my side I can’t keep my feelings at bay

 

The video went on showing scenes that make your heart flutter. They were on that same tree while Jaejoong was reading a book on Sansan’s lap as she was running her finger on his hair. Their sweetness was overwhelming and every time my heart constricts.

 

Still my silent torture went on as the screen mockingly played on and on. They were doing what a normal couple would do like picnics, going to the movies, me singing a song for her, me teaching her how to ride a bike….

 

Wait! Why did I confuse Jae as me?

 

The scene changed and it showed me all those things I did with Sansan. Then the lyrics changed.

 

Unfortunately he’s just a friend

I can’t tell him because it may end

The friendship I treasured for so long

Forever by his side is where I want to belong

 

I wanted to tell him ‘I love you’

But I don’t have the courage to

So instead I’ll sing this song until the end

Until he realize that I am not just a friend

 

A bomb exploded in my heart as I heard the chorus, is Sansan referring to me?

 

My thoughts were interrupted when Jaejoong started singing his part. He was on the other part of the stage playing on a white piano looking so damn good that earned a fit of giggles from the female population.

 

Being with her just for a while

Is the reason behind my smile

Now I’m staring up the sky

With eyes shining like the stars up high

 

I never believed in love

It was the last thing I thought I’ll ever have

But she came into my life and filled the missing part

Now I wanted to keep her inside my heart

 

Unfortunately she’s just a friend

I can’t tell her because it may end

The friendship I treasured for so long

Forever by her side is where I want to belong

 

I wanted to tell her ‘I love you’

But I don’t have the courage to

So instead I’ll sing this song until the end

Until she realize that I am not just a friend

 

The video showed them parting ways on that same tree again, Sansan went with Ji while Jaejoong went with Bom. They walked away without even glancing back both teary eyed but suddenly they stopped walking. Memories of them went flashing on the screen as if it were playing on their minds. Then they ran back towards each other but it was already too late, a great light separated them. The next scene was a live footage from the stage.

It showed both of them playing the piano with tears in their eyes, then suddenly their eyes met. Like any other movies their surroundings moved in a slow motion. They walk towards each other not even breaking their eye contact.

I thought it was too late

Luckily a chance was given to us by fate

I won’t let go of this precious moment

Waiting for another lifetime will be a torment

 

Finally this is the perfect time

I can make him/her rightfully mine

 

Dara and Jae: “I wanted to tell you…”

 

I love you my friend

I want to be with you until the end

 

Their song ended and the video stopped at the scene where they are kissing under the shade of the tree. The crowd went wild and gave them a standing ovation I saw some of them wiping their eyes. My heart went wild too because of jealousy, anger, guilt I don’t know what I am feeling right now.

 

I am jealous because Jaejoong and Sansan looked good together and they kissed, I am angry because they freaking kissed and the damn picture is still on the large screen for everyone to see and then guilt because I realized just now that I have been an awful friend to Sansan these past few months.

 

However my inner conscience told me that I am feeling all of those because I am afraid that Jaejoong will replace me in Sansan’s life and I am secretly hoping that like the song fate will give me another chance to rectify my actions.

 

Hastily, I went to the backstage to see Sansan and maybe start being her best friend again only to find her being engulfed in the arms of Jaejoong.