Chapter 8

A Tale of Two 'Shifters

"Dongmin," said Wooseok as he sat beside Eunwoo on the front porch steps. "Hm?" Asked Eunwoo. "I think I'm going to leave," said Wooseok as he looked wide eyed at Eunwoo. "What? Why?" Asked Eunwoo as he turned to Wooseok in confusion. "I don't think I'm like you," said Wooseok. "So I need to get out before my opportunity closes," he said.

"You can always come with us," said Eunwoo as he shook his head. "Don't worry," said Wooseok. "I'll be fine," he said. "I don't think the others like me," he said, looking down at his feet. "That's not-," started Eunwoo as Moonbin walked over.

"We'll be leaving soon," said Moonbin. "When?" Asked Eunwoo as he straightened up on reflex. "Soon, we'll be headed to Berlin," said Moonbin. "From there we'll get out of the country," he said. "Is there room for one more person?" Asked Eunwoo as he glanced at Wooseok before turning back to Moonbin. "We can only take everyone in the pack," said Moonbin as his expression became blank. "I see," said Eunwoo as he stood, brushing the dirt off his pants. "MJ will be here soon with a car," said Moonbin as he turned away to let the two brothers have their privacy.

"I'll be okay," said Wooseok as he stood, turning to Eunwoo. "Get out of the country alright?" He asked. "I'll try to get in contact with you once I'm out," he said, giving Eunwoo a hug. Eunwoo hugged Wooseok back. "I'll get out, and you better too," he said. "I'll do my best," said Wooseok as he moved away. Eunwoo nodded and went to pack up.

"Take care of Dongmin okay?" Asked Wooseok as he addressed Moonbin. "I'll do my best," said Moonbin as he turned to Wooseok. "Dongmin is too innocent for his own good, I'd hate to meet him again years later to find him completely changed," said Wooseok. "This life changes us," said Moonbin. "But I will try," he said. Wooseok nodded, turning and walking back into the house as Eunwoo walked out with everything he needed.

 

~



Eunwoo suddenly realized something as a shocked expression crossed his face before he quickly schooled it to be blank. "Oh," he said suddenly. "I know who you are now," he said, causing everyone to turn to Eunwoo. A smirk appeared on Wooseok's face as he tilted his head to the side slightly before getting up. "Now that that mystery is out of the way," he said as Yoonbin walked over with his coffee. "Thank you," he said, nodding to Yoonbin as he took the cup. Yoonbin nodded before walking back to the counter. "I'll leave you to it then," he said, walking over to another section of the coffee shop and sitting down.

"Today is just full of surprises ain't it?" Asked Moonbin as he turned back to Gunhak and company. "You haven't even seen his pack yet," Gunhak said casually as he leaned forward. "So about this human of yours," he started, tilting his head to the side. "She is doing fine I assume?" He asked. "Yes," said Eunwoo. "She's being watched carefully by the werewolves of the pack," he said. "She'd be working today but Renjun's still here," he said.

"I heard you lost one of your own," said Xion. "Did you run into Hanbin?" Asked Moonbin. "One of our other pack members did," said Youngjo. "How is he?" Asked Moonbin. "Doing just fine," said Youngjo. "He's finally somewhere where he can work on being calm at least," he said. "That's good," said Moonbin. "The werewolves would be happy to hear that at least," he added.

"Well," said Gunhak as he stood, finishing his coffee and placing the cup on the table. "I must get going then," he said. Youngjo and Xion stood at the same time, looking at Gunhak. "If you need anything just tell Yedam," he said before turning and leaving with his packmates.

"Can I be excused?" Asked Eunwoo as he turned to Moonbin. Moonbin nodded, leaning back in chair. "Go to him then," he said. "Be back before dinner," he said. Eunwoo nodded before getting up and walking over to Wooseok's table.

"How do you think this reunion is going to go?" Asked Rocky. "We'll see later tonight," said Moonbin as he shrugged, looking down at his cup of coffee.

 

~



"I haven't seen you since I left," said Eunwoo. "Where have you been hiding all these years?" He asked, sitting in front of Wooseok. Wooseok looked up at Eunwoo, nodding. "I know," he said. "I tried to find you," he said. "But you were gone," he said.

"Did you end up leaving the country?" Asked Eunwoo. "I did," said Wooseok. "I was starting to change after you left, I found a pack of werewolves and ended up going with them," he said. "I found my own pack after arriving in the US," he said. Eunwoo hummed in response.

"Out of all things you chose a polar bear?" Eunwoo asked as he finally recognized the smell. Wooseok snorts. "Not many polar bears left," he said. "It just goes to show how different we both are," he said.

"Why did you choose a fox?" He asked. "I was influenced," said Eunwoo as he looked away, staring out the window. "Of course you were," Wooseok said with a snort before he stood, downing the rest of his coffee before setting it down. "Take a walk with me then?" He asked. Eunwoo nodded, standing and heading out of the coffee shop with Wooseok.

"I find it hilarious that I became the alpha between the two of us," said Wooseok as he walked with Eunwoo, keeping his hands in his back pockets. "It seems fitting for you," said Eunwoo as he chuckled slightly. "As a beta role suits you better," said Wooseok as he nodded.

"It'd be a shame if something were to happen to your mate hm?" Asked Wooseok. "You knew," said Eunwoo. "I had a feeling," said Wooseok. "A thing between us as siblings anyway," he said. "I am the older sibling here," said Eunwoo. "But I was born before you," said Wooseok. "That doesn't matter when I started changing first," Eunwoo said with a chuckle.

"I'll try to be around more," said Wooseok as they stopped in front of Eunwoo's pack house. "I want to meet your mate," he said. Eunwoo scratched the back of his head. "One of these days," he said. "And I get to meet the pack you've managed to become alpha of," he said. "Of course," said Wooseok as he grinned before turning and walking away.