Chapter 15

A Tale of Two 'Shifters

Dami tried to get some time alone, and she did get time alone for a few hours, at home anyway. Out in public was a different matter entirely. She was still afraid of going out by herself, so she often had to have someone take time off of work to come get her to take her somewhere. Most of the time it had been Ricky, who was free more days of the week thanks to Chunji being hired.

It wasn't like the others weren't free. They were, but Dami knew Ricky would help her in anyway he could. Days passed and she worked up the courage to go by herself for once, but would they allow it? She wasn't completely sure.

 

~



"Going to try going out by yourself again?" Asked Eunwoo as he ate a late breakfast after getting home from the hospital after a long week of nonstop work. "I might," said Dami. "I'll go to the local market, so I won't be far," she said. "I can't depend on you forever," she said. "You need your rest too," she said. Eunwoo nodded. "Take either mine or Rocky's jacket with you, that way your scent is hidden," he said. "Good idea," said Dami as she nodded, going to get ready. Eunwoo yawned, covering his mouth with the back of his hand that was holding the fork. "Stay safe!" He called.

Dami was going to do this, she had to do this. This was one step closer to being at least somewhat more independent than before, and that was something that she was happy for. Stepping out onto the front porch after putting on some shoes, Dami breathed in the morning air as she looked around the front yard. Putting her hands in the pockets of one of Rocky's hoodies, she started the walk down to the market, her hands gripping onto the phone that had been a gift from Jinhwan.

Every step away from the house was agonizingly slow to Dami, though she knew she was walking at a normal pace. Fear had gripped her as soon as she left the yard but she had to push passed it. There was no way she was chickening out now, not when she was this close to gaining a sense of freedom for an hour or two.

There, the local market was in view as she breathed in a sigh of relief before she looked around, crossing the road quickly to get to the parking lot. A few Euros were in her pocket, enough for a snack or two as she walked into the market to find what she was looking for.

Something about the market had Dami get engrossed into the aisles, looking at everything in awe as if she was seeing things for the first time. She went straight to the snacks aisle and examined everything she could reach, trying to decide on what to get and keeping an eye on price. Getting what she needed, Dami walked over to the checkout lines and greeted the cashier as they rung up her purchase. With slightly shaking hands Dami handed over the money, smiling shyly as she did so. The cashier processed the order and handed her back the change. "Thank you," said Dami as she took the bag and quickly left the market, breathing out a sigh of relief when she was standing outside.

That relief was short lived however, when she was suddenly grabbed by two people she had recognized as the werewolves that were with Gunhak during their last meeting. "I told you she'd be here alone today," said Seoho. "Damn, you were right, let's get her out of here," said Keonhee as he pressed a pressure point on Dami's neck, catching her as she passed out. "Let's get her back to the vampires who had her eh?" Asked Seoho. "Let's," said Keonhee as he dragged her away.

 

~



Eunwoo woke with a start, a strange feeling in his chest as he checked his phone for the time. "What?" He asked, quickly moving to get up as he looked around the room. "Dami?" He called, getting no response. He walked out of the room and looked around the hallway, listening for any sounds of their resident human before walking downstairs. "Where the hell did she go? She should've been back by now," he hummed as he walked around the house, following after her scent.

Eunwoo decided to call Jinhwan, asking if Dami had come by the coffee shop. "You let her go alone?" Was Jinhwan's first response when Eunwoo asked if Dami was there. "She was wearing one of Rocky's hoodies, plus the market's quite literally down the road!" Said Eunwoo as he looked around outside, seeing no one.

"I'll send Rocky home, you two can look for her," said Jinhwan. "Get in contact with Wooseok please? I think I know who did this," said Eunwoo as he went back inside. "Will do, good luck," said Jinhwan before he hung up.

"Damn it," Eunwoo said suddenly. "I forgot I can track her location from her phone," he said, going to check the app as he went to get dressed, seeing a call from Rocky. He picked up, preparing for the earful that he was going to get.

"You let her go alone?" Shouted Rocky from the other line. "She had your jacket on! No vampire would dare try to take her," said Eunwoo. "I'm really sorry, I should've gone but," he said, sighing as he combed a hand through his hair before going to wait outside for Rocky. "I'm coming over with Xiao and Sunyoul," said Rocky. "If it is who you're thinking Sunyoul might know where they are," he said. "And Xiao is a tracker," he added.

"The app is also helping," said Eunwoo as he quickly checked where Dami's phone's location was. "It'll only get us so far," said Rocky. "That's true," said Eunwoo. "We're almost there, wait on us," said Rocky. "Standing outside waiting," said Eunwoo before he hung up.