Chapter 11

A Tale of Two 'Shifters

"Minhyuk," called Jinhyuk as Rocky was packing his things. "What's up?" Asked Rocky as he turned towards Jinhyuk. "I'm not going with you," said Jinhyuk as he stood in the doorway. "What?" Asked Rocky as he blinked several times in confusion. "Why not?" He asked. "Wooseok asked to come with us, and we know that Moonbin won't allow that," said Jinhyuk. "So I am deciding to leave with him," he said. "I see," said Rocky as he looked down.

"Oi," said Jinhyuk as he walked over and reached out and tousled Rocky's hair affectionately. "It's alright," he said. "We'll make it through this," he said. "We'll see you soon," he said. "Don't ever lose that innocence alright?" He asked, smiling slightly. Rocky nodded, looking up at Jinhyuk and grinning. "We'll see each other soon," he said. "There's that smile," said Jinhyuk as he laughs, moving away to let Rocky finish packing. "MJ's here with the car," he said before leaving the room.

 

~



"So that's what happened huh?" Asked Dami as Rocky finished explaining to her what had happened before he left home. "And you haven't heard from him since?" She asked. "No," said Rocky. "That really ," said Dami. "I hope he's still alive," she said. "I do too," Rocky said, leaning back in his chair as he sighed. They were currently sitting in the kitchen at the kitchen island, the house empty for once as everyone was busy doing their own things.

"If he left with Wooseok then he should still be with Wooseok, right?" Asked Dami. "It's a possibility," said Rocky. "But we won't ever know for sure until we ask," he said. "Maybe we can ask when Wooseok comes for a visit next," said Dami. "Maybe," said Rocky as he got a text on his phone. He checked it, reading the message as he furrowed his eyebrows in thought.

"What's up?" Asked Dami. "Apparently we're needed at the coffee shop," said Rocky as he stood. "Renjun was picked up by Felix and Seungmin so you're filling in for him," he said. "And I have a visitor apparently," he added before going to get ready. Dami nodded and went to get ready, grabbing a change of clothes and changing in the bathroom.

 

~



When they got to the coffee shop the werewolves were working today, as Jinhwan manned the counter with Yunhyeong and Donghyuk making drinks while Junhoe was delivering drinks. "Hey you two," said Jinhwan. "You'll be delivering drinks today," he said to Dami who nodded and went to get an apron. "Wooseok's waiting over there," he said, nodding towards Wooseok's table. Rocky nodded. "I'll have the usual," he said, going to pay for it. Jinhwan processed the order and handed back the change, nodding. "It'll be a few minutes," he said.

Rocky nodded and turned, spotting Wooseok and walking over to his table and sitting down. "What did you call me over here for?" He asked. Wooseok stared down at his coffee cup for a few minutes in silence, thinking about what he was going to say. Rocky noticed that the two 'shifters from the other day were nearby again, pretending to do something on their phones. The atmosphere was tense and Rocky tried not to fidget in his chair as he watched Wooseok closely.

"Well," said Wooseok as he looked up at Rocky. "I figured that you wanted some closure about your brother," he said, leaning back in his chair and crossing his left leg over his right knee as he left his hands in his lap. "Ah," said Rocky as he nodded.

"Jinhyuk is alive," said Wooseok as he reached over and grabbed his cup of coffee before taking a sip. "He's not sure if he's ready to see you yet however," he said. "This life changed us, you aren't the same Rocky we knew back then," he said, taking another sip of coffee before placing the cup back on the table. "So he got out when you did," said Rocky. "Yes," said Wooseok.

"I'm still me," said Rocky. "At least, I think anyway," he added. "But since he's apparently not ready to see me well," he said, sighing. "I dunno, It's been decades," he said. "Eunwoo got to see you again and Chanwoo got reunited with his brothers years ago," he said. "I think it's my turn to at least get reunited with family don't you think?" He asked. "I'll talk to him," said Wooseok as he got a text. He checked his phone to see who it was from as Junhoe walked over with Rocky's coffee and placed it down. Rocky nodded in thanks before grabbing his cup and taking a sip of coffee.

"Those idiots," grumbled Xiao as he looked outside. "Ah, they better not cause a scene," said Wooseok as he spotted his other packmates. "Decided to track you down this time?" Asked Rocky. "Only your brother and Kuhn," Wooseok said with a snort. "I warned them not to," said Kogyeol. "But it seems like it'll happen anyway," he said, keeping an eye on the members of iKon and Dami as they went on about their business.

"Don't cause a scene," said Rocky. "iKon is pretty known for their tempers, it'd be stupid to set them off," he said. "I think it's why they're staying outside," said Wooseok as he got another text. "I'm not leaving the coffee shop if they ask," said Rocky. "I told them that," said Wooseok as he put his phone on the table. Xiao let out a deep sigh before getting up and going to quite literally shove them into the coffee shop and returning to his seat in front of Kogyeol. "It wasn't that hard was it?" He asked, grumbling about scaredy cats.

"Ah," said Jinhyuk as he scratched the back of his head. "New around here?" Asked Jinhwan as he chuckled, shaking his head. "Could say that," said Jinhyuk as he walked up to the counter with Kuhn behind him eyeing everyone in the coffee shop. "What can I get you?" Asked Jinhwan. "Er, the usual?" Asked Jinhyuk as he handed over the cash. Jinhwan nodded and rung up the order before handing back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said, nodding towards Wooseok's table. Jinhyuk nodded and turned, spotting Wooseok and walking over. Kuhn went to sit at Kogyeol and Xiao's table.

"Always the scaredy cat huh?" Asked Rocky as he chuckled slightly. "Oh hush," grumbled Jinhyuk as he shook his head. Rocky grinned before taking a sip of his coffee. "Seriously," said Wooseok. "I've been sitting here for the past few hours," he said with a snicker. "Yeah but you have an air of superiority surrounding you, no one wants to try anything," said Jinhyuk. "I highly doubt that it affects a pack of werewolves," said Wooseok.